VEGAS LADY's Content

There have been 19 items by VEGAS LADY (Search limited from 18-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28048 Merry Christmas And Happy New Year !

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 24 December 2012 - 10:04 AM in General Discussions

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.

Margaret..... :wub:

#27994 What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 26 October 2012 - 10:17 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Ladies.... :)

Collecting is such an addiction but a very nice one. I started with powder compacts and then along came solid perfumes and now I have added perfume bottles not to mention the vanity related items that go along with them.

My Hubby is as bad with his model railways, at times our house looks like a junk shop, there always seems to be the latest buy waiting to be cleaned or restored and we have been known to fight over who will have our old scared kitchen table to work on for the day.

Alice...... Do be careful about buying dolls house furniture to put your solids on because next thing you know you will be building a full dolls house.... :lol: I have been building one now for the last seven years and its a hobby that I love but its yet another collecting addiction and the one that requires the most patience.

Welcome Shannon, I hope you have many happy years of collecting.

Margaret .........

#27993 Your Last New Solid

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 26 October 2012 - 09:24 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Jen

That Princess is out there waiting, just for you, I can feel it in my bones or is it a touch of arthritis..... <_<

Margaret.... ;)

#27854 Happy Birthday, Petals!

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 17 August 2012 - 04:37 PM in General Discussions

Hi Jacky.... :) Have a good birthday weekend, seems the weather is going to be very hot in London this weekend.

Have a good one.

Margaret.

#27845 London "Lympics

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 13 August 2012 - 08:12 AM in General Discussions

Sandra.... :) Well Said, you took the words right out of my mouth.

We all like to win but there has been a few that have left their Olympic spirit at home. (News of someone being stripped of their medal this morning for testing positive for drugs... :angry:) and I have seen one or two tactics that were not quite fair play.

So many unsung heroes who did not win a medal....My special one was the girl from war torn Somalia who came in last half a minute behind everyone....she had hardly any training and no proper track to train on but still she came and ran for her country and thats what its all about.

Most people in G.B. have taken these Olympics to their heart, we have waved our flags and cheered our athletes to a few victories even the rain stayed away for most of it ....guess the Olympic Gods smiled on us LOL.

I was not keen on the first part of the closing ceremony and thought it was a little obscure for the rest of the world.

For the last couple of weeks or so G.B. has had a little of the feel good factor about itself but now its back to normal......The European crisis, the rain, war in Siria, but it was good whilst it lasted.

Margaret .....

#27837 London "Lympics

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 10 August 2012 - 01:35 PM in General Discussions

Hi Wendy...... :)

I live in Derbyshire in the middle of England and its about two hours from London. We have friends who managed to get tickets to the olympic games but we came to the conclusion that we would sooner sit with a drink in hand and watch it on the T.V......its sure been good viewing.

Yesterday I watched Charlotte Dujardin win gold for us in the dressarge.When her horse performed to the music of Land of Hope and Glory it was all to much for me...and I burst into tears, so beautiful to watch and so patriotic. Her story is such a happy one, her family is not wealthy and until eighteen months ago she was just a stable girl who had dropped out of school. Her relationship with this horse was noticed and the rest as they say is history.

The one event that stood out for me was the Womans 100m hurdles. The look of determination on Sally Persons face said.....I am going to win this, and she did.

Its been a good games, the weather picked up and for once team G.B. have done well.

Come on U.S.A. keep that top medal position....... :lol:

Margaret ...... :)

#27815 London "Lympics

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 06 August 2012 - 05:53 AM in General Discussions

A gold for Andy Murry in his return tennis match with Roger Federer yesterday, and then he went back on court an hour later to take a silver in the mixed doubles.

Murry is not one of my favourite tennis players and there was some speculation whether or not he would sing the national anthem on the winners podium, he comes over as being very arrogant.

Margaret

#27814 2012 Solids

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 06 August 2012 - 05:40 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

You would have thought that Estee Lauder and Harrods would have jumped on the band waggon with an Olympic solid.....sometimes I do not think that they are thinking straight...Oh well another opportunity lost... :(

It has been one very wet Summer over here. I think we had a couple of fine week in April/May but they seem like a distant dream LOL

Flash floods are the order of the day now.

Margaret ..... :)

#27807 London "Lympics

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 05 August 2012 - 08:37 AM in General Discussions

Can you believe that "little old" GB got all those gold medals in the track and field events yesterday....never saw it coming, but I guess we are used to the cooler weather.

Margaret..... :)

#27751 Non El Solids On E-Bay

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 13 July 2012 - 01:16 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

How I love those little Molinard Concreats with the cute painted pictures on the top... :D

I only have the one boxed set as they are so hard to find over here..... :(

Margaret

#27659 Ipba Convention

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 30 April 2012 - 10:13 AM in General Discussions

to everyone going to the convention in Jax...Have a super time, I shall be with you in thought.

Margaret..... :)

#27646 Your Last New Solid

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 08 April 2012 - 06:46 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thats the way to go Jen....If you don't want it, don't use it, sell it on and buy what you like with the money.

Last October I put the whole contents of my lounge to auction, the money it raised went towards a whole new look.

I save everything that we don't want and in the Summer when the weather is good I go and stand car boot and sell it....One persons rubbish is another persons treasure.... :lol:

Margaret

#27639 Ipba Convention

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 07 April 2012 - 07:15 AM in General Discussions

Bless you Phyllis..... :wub:

The last time we went to Vegas was about our 7th trip and we said then it would be our last one. I love the place so much and just to mention the name always gives me a thrill, it feels as if has always been a part of my life.

The trouble is there are so many places in Europe that we have not seen yet ( this year we are going to Prague and Dubrovnik ) and the flights are so much shorter.

But who knows what next year will bring, I may well get that Vegas yearning.... :lol:

Hi Sandra...... :D

Yes its to far for me, even with a stop over I don't think my body could sit on a plane for that long.

We do have friends who go out for three months every year to escape our winter and they are always asking us to go out and stay with them for a few weeks.

Happy Easter to you both...Margaret

#27633 Ipba Convention

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 05 April 2012 - 06:53 AM in General Discussions

Hi Phyllis.... :D

Good to hear that the room sales will still go on, its become a tradition at the IPBA conventions.

You have a super time and I wish I was coming over again but the flight is just so long.

Have a very happy Easter.

Margaret

#27620 Your Last New Solid

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 28 March 2012 - 04:57 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I do love that little drum...... :wub:

But now of course you want the violin and the piano to go with it......Thats how it goes when you collect solids..... :o never ending.... :lol:

A warm welcome to you Alice from a very, very warm England

Margaret

#27612 Ipba Convention

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 24 March 2012 - 07:08 AM in General Discussions

Ha ha Jacky..... :P You are so bad LOL.

Yes I will own up to being the person who saw more or less the full ivory series dirt cheap in an Antique Mall....AND LEFT THEM THERE.... :o

I don't care for them but I did go back for them a couple of days later and of course they had gone...Don't know where my brain was that day, all I took in was that flea bitten cat which I hate and then when I thought about it all the rest were there as well.

Jacky has never forgiven me.... :o

Margaret ..... :D

#27606 Ipba Convention

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 22 March 2012 - 10:19 AM in General Discussions

Yes Lisa it was so funny solids were the last thing on my mind when we went to the Garage Sales. I found the Contented Cat, empty but in otherwise in good condition and paid $5 for it, did give it away when we got home to a good friend of mine who loves cats.

Never in my life have I got in and out of a car so many times as I did on that day, it was a wonderful experience and the stuff for sale was amazing. One that stood out was a beautiful (think) pig skin suitcase from the 1930's/40's
all fitted out inside with compartments for stationary and in more or less mint condition for $10...I wish I could have got it home to England.

My Husband got the best bargin.....a dozen old Dinkey cars for a dollar each, our suitcases were just about on the limit coming home and U.S. customs opened them.....think to look at all the perfume bottles and powder compacts that I had but they let us bring them all home with no problem.

OH THE JOYS OF TRAVEL...... :lol:

Margaret

#27601 Ipba Convention

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 20 March 2012 - 01:54 PM in General Discussions

Hi Jen..... :) I went to the IPBA last year and did pick up a couple of solids but a lot does tend to be bottles, my advice to you is to ask around if anybody has any for sale. Do a web search for Antique Malls in the area, you never know what turns up, I even found one in a garage sale when I was over there.

You will have a really good time....I did and the only reason I am not going this year is that we are going into Spain and then we have our American friends to stay for a couple of weeks.

The Auction is to die for ( I sat through the whole thing )

Have a good time.....Margaret

#27556 Cleaning Up My Solids

Posted by VEGAS LADY on 05 February 2012 - 07:25 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I still think that the deterioration of the perfume depends a lot on the weather conditions where you live.

I have checked on mine and the only one that has a little green around the perfume is the Top Hat.

Margaret ...... :)