ladymasham's Content

There have been 10 items by ladymasham (Search limited from 12-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27014 Neiman'S Jukebox, & 2008, 2009, 2010 Harrod'S Bears

Posted by ladymasham on 21 February 2011 - 06:03 PM in Solids Wanted

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have a MIB Neiman's Jukebox for sale? Or, how about Harrod's Bears from 2008, 2009, and 2010?

Linda (bfran02@emory.edu)

Linda,

I just came back from Dallas, Texas and was in the Cosmetic Company Store in Allen, Tx. (Outlet Center)and they had the Jukebox for sale.

#27321 Harrod'S High Tea

Posted by ladymasham on 02 September 2011 - 07:02 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there would know if the Harrod's High Tea solid perfume compact was produced with two different scents? I just picked up one with Pure White Linen with boxes and the data base states it was produced with Pleasures. Also, what does it mean when a small globe sign is on the picture? I have just fallen in love with these solids and love this site. I don't have too much time to post, but once the kids leave.....

#27322 Your Last New Solid

Posted by ladymasham on 02 September 2011 - 08:52 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I just got the sparkling mermaid. Even though I mainly collect the strongwater solids I think this may be my favorite!

#27325 Harrod'S High Tea

Posted by ladymasham on 02 September 2011 - 05:12 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

There must be a mistake in the database, as the High tea was issued with pure white linen.
The globe means that it was issued for international market only and not sold in the US

Thanks Brigitte. I appreciate the information. Collecting these compacts is like an addiction. This is a great site and I hope to be more involved. Have a great weekend!

#27327 Solid Collections

Posted by ladymasham on 08 September 2011 - 07:11 AM in General Discussions

Great video, it just made me smile! Thanks.

#27371 Looking To Purchase

Posted by ladymasham on 17 October 2011 - 08:53 AM in Solids Wanted

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang solid perfume compact. I have one and have added it to my collection and do not have the heart to use it, but am looking to purchase one to keep with me when I travel. If anyone has one and is willing to part with it please contact me at khc4989@aol.com. The solid needs to be in good condition and still smell wonderful because I want to wear the perfume. The bottle is too big to carry around. Thanks.

#27397 What'S Happening On Ebay?

Posted by ladymasham on 06 November 2011 - 08:38 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Jacky,
There are some wacky people on ebay. And some downright dishonest. I wrote a while ago about receiving a solid that was glued together but advertised as mint. The seller accused ME of gluing it! I gave the seller a negative feedback and she gave me one back. She finally gave me a refund (LESS SHIPPING!) when I filed a complaint.

You can post a feedback response now on ebay which I think is progress.

Ar

P.S. Are we supposed to refrigerate filled solids for 20+ years????!!! I'm not even sure that would preserve them!

Hi Jacky,

Can you refrigerate the solid perfume compacts, maybe up to a year? Will anything happen to the compact itself? I know you can refigerate the liquid version of a perfume, but I wasn't sure if there would be a problem with a solid compact.

Thanks,
Ladymasham

#27412 Solids @ The Stores ...

Posted by ladymasham on 23 November 2011 - 09:32 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Ar,

I too bought the Happiness Strongwater solid at Saks (not fortunate enough to have the brochure with me at the time) and the Strongwater Elephant at Bergdorf Goodman which is so cute! The other compacts did not appeal to me this year, plus I try my best to stay with the Strongwater pieces, but it is getting harder and harder to stay with just Strongwater. These things compacts are sooooo addicting!

ladymasham

#27458 Poll About Solids Being Empty Or Full?

Posted by ladymasham on 09 December 2011 - 07:33 AM in Solids Wanted

When I first started to collect the solids I was told that people collect both, but as I have been doing this for a number of years I try to hold out for the MIB and now very rarely if ever buy the empties. When I aquire a Strongwater MIB solid that I happen to have in an empty version I pass on the empty to a friend that loves and collects Strongwater. She is happy and so am I. I truly love these lttle "jewels". I am not happy with EL's practice of dumping the empties on the market. If they have overruns I feel that they should just be sold through the EL The Cosmetics Company Stores. Maybe they should fewer compacts and then they truely will be limited editions once again.

#27459 2011 Christmas Photos

Posted by ladymasham on 09 December 2011 - 07:36 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Great Photo, brings back so many childhood memories!