katita's Content

There have been 8 items by katita (Search limited from 10-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28019 Your Last New Solid

Posted by katita on 15 November 2012 - 07:26 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I only buy 1 or 2 solids a year now...so I always get the Harrods Bear. I have the 2012 one. I haven't been on ebay lately so I don't really know what's out there. I do like the 2012 Bear, but I like bears.

#28049 Merry Christmas And Happy New Year !

Posted by katita on 30 December 2012 - 07:35 AM in General Discussions

Now that the end of the world is over........HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

#27500 Happy New Year

Posted by katita on 31 December 2011 - 08:02 AM in General Discussions

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!! HAVE A HEALTHY AND SAFE NEW YEAR. ENJOY!!!!

SEE YA ALL NEXT YEAR!!

Katita

#28022 Storm Sandy

Posted by katita on 17 November 2012 - 11:17 PM in General Discussions

Hey Far Rockaway! The pictures of the devastation all over NYC are almost too much to bear. I saw pics of Queens today and they're filling a parking lot with the debris, so far 4600 tons of it!

So many people here lost everything, many lost their lives...my heart breaks. Your pictures say it all. Unreal how fast everything was wiped out.

I hated being without power for 8 days - 14 days - too too long! I'm happy to hear you didn't flood. Very scary though. Are you buying a generator? I am. Just a small one to keep the fridge and heat!

Glad you have power back, it's getting cold out.

#28018 Storm Sandy

Posted by katita on 15 November 2012 - 07:22 PM in General Discussions

Thanks, Sandra, feels good to be in touch again.

#28016 Storm Sandy

Posted by katita on 14 November 2012 - 07:50 AM in General Discussions

COME ON OVER - WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU!!! YOU COULD STAY WITH ME! YOU SHOULD COME TO NJ - IT'S THE GARDEN STATE - VERY PRETTY! HAS A BAD REPUTATION, ARMPIT OF AMERICA AND SUCH... BUT IT'S NICE HERE.

GLAD TO HEAR YOUR COUSINS ARE RECOVERING. 11 DAYS!!! I THOUGHT 8 WAS BAD ENOUGH! I'M CLEARLY ADDICTED TO ELECTRICITY! I'M BUYING A GENERATOR! THIS WON'T HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN!

I THINK THE WORST WAS BEING SO CUT OFF FROM EVERYTHING - WE HAD VERY LITTLE ACCESS TO NEWS. BEING WITHOUT THE INTERNET WAS SOBERING - HOW QUICKLY WE ADAPT TO BEING ABLE TO TALK TO ANYONE ALL OVER THE WORLD. WHEN IT WAS TAKEN AWAY, AND ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME, I WAS FEELING SO DISCONNECTED.

THE PICTURES OF EVERYWHERE ELSE ON THE EAST COAST THAT WAS HIT ARE HORRENDOUS. LOTS OF PEOPLE TRYING TO REBUILD HERE. THERE'S BEEN A TREMENDOUS OUTPOURING OF COMPASSION AND CARING, HERE IN MY TOWN THE VOLUNTEER ENROLLMENT AS SKYROCKETED! IT'S HEART WARMING TO KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY KIND HUMANS OUT THERE. I'M OFF TO MY LOCAL FOOD BANK NOW, GOTTA DO WHAT YOU CAN.

HOPE ALL STAY WELL, TAKE CARE
KATITA

#28010 Storm Sandy

Posted by katita on 10 November 2012 - 08:42 PM in General Discussions

Hello from recovering New Jersey. It's been a long time since I've posted - sorry everyone - life has been hectic. I was out of power for 8 days. The damage around my area was extensive. I'm lucky...I have a fireplace and there was no shortage of wood! :blink:/> Nothing hit my house, my green house lost some glass on the roof but no one was injured so I still feel lucky. I've recently bought a generator so the next time I won't lose all my food. On the up side, I cleaned my fridge spotless. :D/>

Many, many people lost their homes, cars, etc...and worse. We had a snow storm right after the hurricane so that impeded clean up and rescue for a day but the weather turned in the right direction and it's been nice for 2 days now. Everyone lost days of work, we're all catching up. We had electrical workers from all over come and help us out and that was so very helpful in getting control of the situation. The clean up continues and hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

I'm hoping all our East Coast members got through the storm safely.

One more thing, it's nice to post again.

Well Wishes to All
Take Care,
Katita

#28029 Happy Thanksgiving

Posted by katita on 23 November 2012 - 02:21 PM in General Discussions

We did our traditional drive to the diner so John could have a traditional turkey dinner and everyone else ate veggie.....poor guy....he's the only turkey eater in the bunch!

HOPING YOU ALL HAD YOUR DINNER YOUR WAY!

Katita