Lisa's Content

There have been 30 items by Lisa (Search limited from 20-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28064 Looking For.... Rocking Horse & Unicorn

Posted by Lisa on 18 February 2013 - 04:47 PM in Solids Wanted

Thanks... mission accomplished!!

#28063 Harrods Solids Wanted 2008 - 2010

Posted by Lisa on 17 February 2013 - 01:42 AM in Solids Wanted

Hi Fee!

Glad to hear from you again! XOXO

#28062 Looking For.... Rocking Horse & Unicorn

Posted by Lisa on 15 February 2013 - 01:46 AM in Solids Wanted

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to purchase a ROCKING HORSE AND UNICORN solid... I prefer them to have perfume but box is not important, if empty I will not pay more than $30

If anyone has these to sell please email me!

Thanks

#28028 Happy Thanksgiving

Posted by Lisa on 23 November 2012 - 12:46 AM in General Discussions

Chiming in wonderful wishes for a great Thanksgiving!

I am very thankful for this site, so thank you Jack and Lisa!!

Jennifer in Jax

Thank you Jennifer!!!

#28027 Happy Thanksgiving

Posted by Lisa on 23 November 2012 - 12:45 AM in General Discussions

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday this year... I did something different this year.... cooked two big turkey breasts, made homemade cranberry sauce & stuffing and made sandwiches on nice artisan bread!
the other side dish I had was sweet & white potato salad.... made the usual appetizers, crab mousse dip, antipasto & deviled eggs....

The star of the show this year was dessert.... I had a dessert table that featured all homemade items: carrot cake, lemon cheesecake with a lemon glaze, bread pudding with a warm whiskey sauce, pumpkin & pecan pie!!

I think everyone liked the idea of something different... I did also make an 11lb. turkey for leftovers;)

#28011 Ipba

Posted by Lisa on 12 November 2012 - 05:16 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Yesterday Phyllis was so kind and invited me to the annual chapter meeting of the IPBA International Perfume Bottle Association

We had a wonderful lunch as well as learning about some amazing perfume bottles and vanity related items

If anyone is interested this is the official site:

http://www.perfumebottles.org/

I believe membership is $45 for the year and some benefits of being a member include:

The Perfume Bottle Quarterly (PBQ): This excellent and highly informative 24 to 36 page full color publication features news of bottles and people, literature reviews, trade events, rare and unusual items, classified ads, Association news, bottle photos, and more. PBQ is essential to staying current on information, events, research, and people.

Annual Directory of IPBA Members, including alphabetical and geographical listing of our approximately 1000 IPBA members, addresses and phone numbers.

IPBA Annual Convention: The most exciting event in perfume bottle collecting. A three-day extravaganza of educational seminars, workshops and expert identification, the world's premiere exhibition and sale with the field's leading dealers featuring thousands of bottles, the largest U.S. perfume bottle auction, drawing together collectors and dealers from around the world.

IPBA Lending Library: IPBA members can borrow books and media from among the nearly 200 library items on perfume bottles and vanity items of all types, the history of the fragrance industry, great glass makers, and perfume bottle auction results. A terrific way to research your collection, and you pay only the return postage to the library!

Web Site: Members Only content created specifically and especially for our community.

Monthly E-News: Email news releases to keep you current and informed about upcoming events, such as convention, auctions, exhibits, etc., plus reviews of new books, Regional Chapter meetings, announcements, new members, and much more.

There is an annual convention every year with this next one 2013 being in Vegas.. it is great fun and the best part of the event was the sale- where collectors bring all kinds of perfume related goodies to sell.

In the event of someone joining please let them know that Phyllis and Lisa sent you!

ENJOY

#28006 Your Last New Solid

Posted by Lisa on 05 November 2012 - 08:27 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

The last ones I got were: Starry Nights (finally) US version of Plum!

#28004 Ivory Carver

Posted by Lisa on 04 November 2012 - 10:10 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I think I saw this solid come up for auction without any stone/bead in the center... and I think this is that one... except now, someone put in a blue center stone/bead.. it should be redish.

#27982 Viva Las Vegas

Posted by Lisa on 22 October 2012 - 11:49 PM in Solids Wanted

Selling solids in any way shape or form is with under 100 posts is against the rules here.

Yes, 100 posts is a lot but I wanted to do away with selling of solids here altogether.

I have no problem at all with my long time members with 100 posts who would like to sell... for everyone else... try eBay

Sorry, but that's just the way it is

Please respect the rules!

#27959 Picture On The Front Of Site

Posted by Lisa on 16 October 2012 - 08:12 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thank you all!

#27947 My Most Wanted List

Posted by Lisa on 15 October 2012 - 01:03 PM in Solids Wanted

Kandie,

I deleted your email to Woody.. would you like me to send it to him or do you want to email him again

Let me know...

I can get you maybe the:

Beachchair
Great wall
Ocean Liner
Opra house
Roller coaster

All MIB... just email me and let me know

#27946 9/11

Posted by Lisa on 15 October 2012 - 12:42 PM in General Discussions

Oh sorry I missed this Jacky... thank you for the thoughts

#27945 I'M Officially Addicted!

Posted by Lisa on 15 October 2012 - 12:40 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Shannon,

WELCOME, WELCOME we are delighted to have you as a member and assist in any way with questions you may have....

You can also use the search feature to read past topics and comments...

I have a for sale page at the top of the page under the tabs.. we also have a for sale topic section where members (with over 100 posts) are allowed to sell here... for everyone's protection you must be an active posting member here to be able to sell...

Let me know what you are looking for as I have several that are not listed as of yet... they are solids that are full with original perfume and labels on the bottom but do not have the boxes.

Again WELCOME and get ready to collect- it becomes an obsession fast because of the true beauty and workmanship of the pieces!

There is a way to catalog your collection under the database area so you can keep track of what you already have

#27874 Happy Birthday, Petals!

Posted by Lisa on 26 August 2012 - 10:23 PM in General Discussions

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Get any solids?

#27873 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Lisa on 26 August 2012 - 10:18 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

That's good investigation work Alice!

#27872 Photos Taken From This Site

Posted by Lisa on 26 August 2012 - 10:14 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

If they are copyrighted photos... and yes, even if you just took the photo... it's considered copyrighted...

So sue her if you asked her to stop & still continue...

Do you report the infringements with eBay's VERO program... they will yank them

#27766 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Lisa on 22 July 2012 - 09:35 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

More:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a324f68

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a3204b5

#27764 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Lisa on 22 July 2012 - 09:30 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

So while searching on eBay last night I stumbled across these.... I can see that OK, maybe somethings look similar to EL compacts but these are just plain ridiculous!

They are called Objet D'Art... the seller is listing them as perfume compacts but they are empty like Limoges????

http://www.ebay.com/...=item416891d4f6

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a34f170

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a34b592

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a349fc5

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a3475b2

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1a346a2b

#27763 2012 Solids

Posted by Lisa on 22 July 2012 - 01:02 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Please call Donna @ Estee Lauder / Bergdorf Goodman 212-872=2741

Thanks for posting the pics... for some reason I can't see them... can anyone post them again?

#27747 Mystery Solid ... What Is It?

Posted by Lisa on 04 July 2012 - 09:30 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thanks Brigitte,

It is just exciting to own one of my own... and yes, it has been shown but I've really never had any information on it or have seen it in person... so yes, to me very exciting!

Is there a name to the solid? Do you own both or just the one in the box? I wonder how many versions there are to this type.. just the 2?

It is wishful thinking to have some contact from Estee Lauder.... someday they will accept this site... after all.... we all promote collecting of their solids as a group.

Thank you again

#27745 Mystery Solid ... What Is It?

Posted by Lisa on 04 July 2012 - 01:10 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

So still no responses to our mystery solid?

I got a email from another member.... she is in possession of this solid:

it is similar in nature to mine, both containing Estee, both have the same back & front, both labels look alike also...

Perhaps this is a group no one knows about??? :blink:

I did try to contact Estee Lauder but we all know how that always goes....

Here is her solid:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27740 2012 Solids

Posted by Lisa on 25 June 2012 - 06:19 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

No, I haven't because all the stores have stopped sending me the brochures!

Are you going to attend? If so take some photos for all of us!

#27736 Can Not Post A Listing

Posted by Lisa on 21 June 2012 - 07:30 PM in Help Desk

Yes, Carmel Anne... anyone could purchase solids here but I am limiting selling to myself and verified members with a certain # of posts... for all our protection

#27735 Mystery Solid ... What Is It?

Posted by Lisa on 21 June 2012 - 07:26 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Ann & Ken, Brigitte... any information? I would love to contact someone at the EL archives to ask then about it.... I would love to have a year & name..

#27730 Mystery Solid ... What Is It?

Posted by Lisa on 18 June 2012 - 11:04 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Yuen,
$500 for Ginger Jewel is a fair price... the red one comes up a lot more than this color....

I just don't anything about the above solid... I was hoping someone here would have some info.... it was not in Roselyn Gerson's book