Sandra's Content

There have been 11 items by Sandra (Search limited from 21-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28356 2017 Ipba Convention In Princeton, Nj

Posted by Sandra on 25 January 2017 - 09:42 PM in General Discussions

Thanks Galina, sounds fantastic !

hope lots of members from here go and post some news about it.

#28371 We Are Asking To Discontinue Ann Schweiger Membership

Posted by Sandra on 12 February 2017 - 09:28 PM in Help Desk

Err Ann, you don't make sense here.

#28392 Missing The Old Site!

Posted by Sandra on 25 April 2017 - 05:56 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Debbie - totally agree !  Miss the ''old days'' when we were all ''friends'' and checked in regularly with each other.  I used to log in daily, and now its like once every couple of months. However, I will try to log in more often and respond to people like you who are interested in getting the site back to its old self.  Hopefully others will also respond as well as new people.  There are loads of new members who have never written on here.

This site also helped me get my collection going and enjoying it to the fullest. I loved seeing the scenes various members created at different times, and the stories we could write about the characters of the solids themselves.

I'm still sort of collecting - there are a few I never could get my hands on, so still pursuing them on and off.

However, I think EL have dropped off making really, really good ones that one wants to add to their collection instead of a re-hashing of the old ones.  Eg Carousel, Birdcage, etc

Kind regards,

Sandra

#28393 Solids With A Men's Scent.

Posted by Sandra on 25 April 2017 - 05:59 PM in General Discussions

Yes !   Any new ideas would be welcome in my collection !!  I miss the Vegas solids, though there probably wasn't many more things you could do in that range . . .

#28396 Missing The Old Site!

Posted by Sandra on 16 May 2017 - 04:52 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Gallina - no, I don't have any prototypes in my collection.

I could never get the English Rider, the Double Decker Bus, the Crown Jewel Guard or the One-Horse Open Sleigh.

Yes I am still looking to find them from friendly sellers. As you know, there are certain sellers I will not buy from. :blink:

#28397 2017 Ipba Convention In Princeton, Nj

Posted by Sandra on 16 May 2017 - 04:54 PM in General Discussions

Great to read posts like this !!

Keeps the spirit alive.  :)

#28398 Missing The Old Site!

Posted by Sandra on 30 May 2017 - 08:14 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

:)  Well good news, have just procured the One-Horse Open Sleigh from my favourite and most trusted seller !

Thank you, Woody!  You are my hero ! :wub:

#28404 Estée Lauder Holiday Collection 2017

Posted by Sandra on 20 July 2017 - 06:21 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

hi Brigitte !

I, too, would love to see the pics, but get an error page when I click on the links.

Sandra

#28408 Missing The Old Site!

Posted by Sandra on 23 July 2017 - 05:32 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

:)  Hello Jacky !! 

Sorry to hear you haven't been well, but very glad you have recovered.  Time gets away from us all, and months go past when we're all doing our own stuff that we forget to check up on our old friends. I'm sorry I thought you were just busy doing other things instead of thinking you might not be well.

Congrats on getting a paperback published !  Well done - I look forward to reading it soon.

There was a little drama earlier on, but all the posts from that have been deleted, and in short, the good fight was won. :wub:

Catch up with you soon - good to see you back here. 

#28409 I Had A Dream . . . .

Posted by Sandra on 23 July 2017 - 05:44 PM in General Discussions

HA !!  Yes, it was way before I went to the Fat Duck - I was there in 2013.  the dream was in 2009.  Heston was not in my mind at that time.

The Melbourne restaurant is nowhere as good, unfortunately.  I haven't been there myself yet, so speak from 2nd hand experience.  I sent my mum there last Easter but she said the food/menu was ordinary - nothing spectacular or theatrical like the Fat Duck.  I suppose you go there with a huge expectation, so it wasn't fulfilled in any way.  She sent me pics of the meal.  Nothing like the Fat Duck, so just a good time away while he was renovating his restaurant in Bray.  Then he leaves Ashley (his head chef) over here, but he has nothing like the personality or enthusiasm of Heston, and I am guessing the menu shows that.

Can't think when I will pop over to London next . . . have just got two new puppies after my best furry friend passed away late 2015.  They are a handful but so lovely to be with.  They are too young at the moment for me to leave.

#28411 Estée Lauder Holiday Collection 2017

Posted by Sandra on 25 July 2017 - 09:20 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Wow!!  Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing these, Brigitte.  You are truly a valuable member of this site. :)