sophiegold's Content

There have been 8 items by sophiegold (Search limited from 14-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#25241 Display Case Of Estee Lauder Solids

Posted by sophiegold on 05 October 2009 - 05:42 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Brigitte @ Oct 5 2009, 04:02 PM)
Here comes the link to the 2 different boxes.

Harrods / Neiman Markus Boxes

Harrods had the very same one just in white 1 year later.

As my nephew is a pilot I had him pick them up in London so I could save the shipping  :P  :blink:  ;)

Brigitte

View Post

Thanks for the photos.
I guess I'll just hold onto it until I come up with some use for it.

#25240 Display Case Of Estee Lauder Solids

Posted by sophiegold on 05 October 2009 - 05:40 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Brigitte @ Oct 5 2009, 04:02 PM)
Here comes the link to the 2 different boxes.

Harrods / Neiman Markus Boxes

Harrods had the very same one just in white 1 year later.

As my nephew is a pilot I had him pick them up in London so I could save the shipping  :P  :blink:  ;)

Brigitte

View Post

#25236 Display Case Of Estee Lauder Solids

Posted by sophiegold on 04 October 2009 - 04:27 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I'm glad to know that I didn't pay anything for the box, except for the shipping.
If anyone wants this display case they are welcome to have it. All they have to
pay is the shipping.

#25227 Display Case Of Estee Lauder Solids

Posted by sophiegold on 03 October 2009 - 04:35 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Two or three years ago I ordered several solids from Harrods and the sales woman asked me if I would like the Estee Lauder display case.
I said okay and she shipped me a huge, navy blue, high gloss display box.
I don't know how much I paid for it because I never did the conversion from
pounds to dollars. Does anyone know what this is and is anyone interested in buy-
ing it from me?

#24864 The Future Of Solidperfume.com

Posted by sophiegold on 31 July 2009 - 02:52 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Jack @ Jul 30 2009, 09:03 PM)
Ok, we have decided on our plan...thanks to all for the ideas and encouragement. I know some of you had asked about how much it would cost to take the site over and we never gave you information. I apologize for not getting back to you. We did not want this to become a bidding war or even a money-making venture. That was never the purpose. That said, here's the plan:

The Good News:
We will not be selling the domain name.
We will not be closing the site.
We will not be charging any membership fee, this will remain a free site.
We will be making some upgrades to the site and will get things back up to date.
We will probably be installing a newer version of the message board.

The Bad News:
We will be moving the site to a different server, so there may be a few days of downtime down the road. We will make an announcement before that happens so it won't be a surprise.

We will try adding some ads in an attempt to cover the cost of hosting the site. These will probably be just Google text ads, hopefully unobtrusive. If those do not generate enough to cover costs, we may try small banner ads or something. We'll play it by ear.

We will be calling on all of you for more help! Photos, information, content ... we'll try to make this more of a community driven site. Have ideas or critiques? Let me know!

We will add a small voluntary donation button somewhere in case people would like to help with costs. Again, this is voluntary ONLY! We aren't looking to turn a profit.

That's about it. We'll basically see if we can make the site break even. If not, then we'll try plan B. I don't have a plan B yet, but hopefully we won't need it!

Thanks again everyone!  :D

-Jack & Lisa

View Post

#24616 Solidperfume.com For Sale / Closing?

Posted by sophiegold on 03 July 2009 - 06:29 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Linda @ Jul 3 2009, 02:21 PM)
[SIZE=14] OH NO.  I am so sad, but I understand.  Hey Jack, if there were a fee to join, and a yearly fee as well, could we talk you into staying?  Just a thought.
Linda in Hotlanta

View Post

Great idea.
I would be willing to pay an initiation or yearly fee.
Perhaps the fee will enable the owners of the site to keep it going.
Helene

#24580 This Site

Posted by sophiegold on 07 June 2009 - 11:10 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Lisa @ Mar 24 2009, 11:58 AM)
Yup... so sorry guys... EL just ruined the collecting part for me.....

Sorry about the broken parts on the site also... just don't have the time or $$ to put into fixing right now..... I still makes me very sad and I am sorry I have let everyone down.

If someone wants to send me a list of new solids I will update the database.... since I stopped buying none of the sales associates send me any info what so ever

View Post

Lisa:
What do you mean that EL? has ruined collecting for you? I'm new to this site
and am wondering what happened?

#24579 This Site

Posted by sophiegold on 07 June 2009 - 11:06 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Lisa @ Mar 24 2009, 11:58 AM)
Yup... so sorry guys... EL just ruined the collecting part for me.....

Sorry about the broken parts on the site also... just don't have the time or $$ to put into fixing right now..... I still makes me very sad and I am sorry I have let everyone down.

If someone wants to send me a list of new solids I will update the database.... since I stopped buying none of the sales associates send me any info what so ever

View Post