Lauderlover's Content

There have been 15 items by Lauderlover (Search limited from 21-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28219 Looking For

Posted by Lauderlover on 06 October 2013 - 02:40 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I'm looking for the purple rose and the white rose - must contain solid perfume, boxes are optional. Hey Lisa! Did you have a white rose for sale or is it yellow? I couldn't tell from the photo and the color wasn't mentioned in the description. Thanks!

#28211 Having To Let Go Of Some Solids

Posted by Lauderlover on 22 September 2013 - 03:04 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Daisy, I'm looking for some solids. Can you email me a list of what you're selling to lauderlover@aol.com?

#28159 Having To Let Go Of Some Solids

Posted by Lauderlover on 24 July 2013 - 04:53 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi everyone,

Haven't wrote on the site for a while but I have been hovering in the background.!!!

Unfortunately, due to personal circumstances I am having to let go of a lot of my solids. I shall be sorting them out over the next week or so. They will a mixture of MIBB, MIB, Used and Warehouse. In the meantime if anybody is looking for something specific let me know. I have about 130 so there's a decent chance I might have what you want!!

I would rather sell them on here than ebay, so they go to real collectors.

Daisy

ps How ya doing Petals xxx

I'd be interested in buying some. If you want to email the list, please send to my email lauderlover@aol.com. Thank you and good luck!

#28158 Looking For An English Rider

Posted by Lauderlover on 24 July 2013 - 04:46 PM in Solids Wanted

A year later, still looking for this one - anybody ????? :(/>

I have this one, MIBB. I remember paying a pretty penny when this came out. Please feel free to send me an offer privately if you prefer.

#28156 Viva Las Vegas

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 07:06 PM in Solids Wanted

Selling solids in any way shape or form is with under 100 posts is against the rules here.

Yes, 100 posts is a lot but I wanted to do away with selling of solids here altogether.

I have no problem at all with my long time members with 100 posts who would like to sell... for everyone else... try eBay

Sorry, but that's just the way it is

Please respect the rules!

Hi Lisa, how have you been? I was hoping to list a few solids here, instead of EBAY and noticed that nobody else has anything listed on the for sale page. Is there a different way you'd like us to list our photos for sale?

#28155 Yet Another Seller Trying It On!

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 05:47 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Take a look at what this seller is offering! Yet another person trying to sell E.L perfumes in their containers! Unbelievable. They have just turned the names around to stop infringement! I really cannot believe what these people will do next!

perfumeoilboutique

(this is the name of the seller...wonder where they are getting the solid perfume from??? :ph34r:/>

Have you tried buying the solid perfume sticks from Estee Lauder & melting those down & using that to refill some of your empties? I haven't tried it but was thinking about it! (Just for my own collection, not for anything I'd sell to anyone.)

#28154 Empty Solids Posted As Mint On Ebay

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 05:45 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I feel your pain! You really have to read thru the entire ad to look out for the empty ones. I started saving lists of all the honest sellers I buy from & I try to stick with those sellers. I think the others you speak of are hoping you'll just buy it without reading the full ad or they bury the fact they're empty at the bottom of the ad, to trick you into buying it. Then you later have no recourse because they'll say that fact was disclosed in their ad. As always, buyer beware.

#28153 Happy Unbirthday To You

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 05:38 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Happy Birthday to you and thankyou for your charity. If you haven't parted with the box for the pink tutu yet, I could use it. Otherwise, no worries! I know the warm and fuzzy feeling you get from giving and serving others is in the lord's plans for all of us. God Bless!

#28152 Happy Unbirthday To You

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 05:36 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi all...
It's coming up on my birthday and I like to give myself something that makes me feel good about myself... and being generous in a very minor way makes me feel happier than I really deserve to. :rolleyes:/>/> That's the reason for this post. As I was documenting all my solids (I'm getting ready to donate some of them to a charity I like) I found seven boxes that have no solids: boat ride (both boxes); harrods teddy (both boxes); dazzling gold statue of liberty (gold box); london calling (both boxes); pink tutu (cylinder box and white outside box); romantic edition (gold box); squirrel (both boxes);

I didn't want to just toss them away, because I bet one of you has solids that is missing a box and would like the box. If that's you, then contact me. If you're willing to send me a postage-paid self-addressed box, i'll send you your box back, with your choice of empty box inside it.

Please respond by the end of the week (I don't go online every day but should be back online Thu or Fri). If I get seven different people asking me for seven each, i'll just choose one for each (first come, first served). A very merry unbirthday to my friends at SolidPerfume.com :D/>/>/>

-Lauren

#28151 What'S Happening On Ebay?

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 05:33 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I feel for you Petals. Nobody should expect an older compact to have usable solid perfume inside. Keeping it in the refrig is a joke as the compacts are meant to be displayed; hence, the browning is what you'd expect. Most of us collectors won't even use the perfume when it's brand new! While you could offer the buyer a partial refund, you could also stand your ground depending on how you feel.

I once ordered an old compact with like new perfume in it & since it didn't smell even close to the EL perfume, I was suspicious of it. I couldn't prove anything so I kept it. I only use the term mint if the compact is full of usable perfume & includes box or boxes. If the compact's existing perfume is anything but, then I'd describe it in my ad...i.e. shrinking, brownish, cracked, unusable, etc. This way, in the unusual event when somebody is buying the compact who plans on using the perfume or expecting it to be in brand-new condition, they'll know. Over the years, Ebay and Paypal have become TOO buyer friendly in that the buyer is almost always right & the seller loses in most cases. Sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers. You can say no returns in your ad, but there is always Ebay's buyer protection policy that can make you accept a return. That's why I say in my ads, returns are accepted in accordance with Paypal's policies because they make you do it anyway. I had a lady accuse me of replacing a stone on a solid when I did not. I had two of the same solid. Each solid, had slightly different colored stones so it's hard to find two solids exactly the same. They are hand made & the shade of the crystals vary from solid to solid. I had another one & swapped her out for the other. She preferred the 2nd one I sent, even though that solid had a slightly different shade of stone too. I've had people ask me whether I welded something on underneath! i.e. a leg on a horse or the bull. Obviously this is another result of them being made by different artisans using different shaded stones & I don't know anything about welding but these are all variables among solids. Best thing to do is remind them that solids are made by humans & no two are exactly the same! Hence, slightly varying shades of stones, areas of welding, etc. Tell them you're not responsible for perfection for that reason.

If you are ever a victim of an obvious fraud like me...I bought a multi-stoned solid as an extra and compared it to my original and found 4 stones of different colors & sizes, many of them not fitting into their slots & evidence of some gooey substance, then I'd say you'd have a reasonable basis for a full refund. I feel if a seller sends you something that different from what was described, they should make you whole & refund your shipping as well. While Ebay doesn't always make them refund your shipping, I have found out with Paypal, that if you complain to them, they will often make up the difference & refund shipping - both ways. They told me due to my longevity & good history, they'd refund my shipping without charging the seller. Bottom line is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

#28150 What'S Happening On Ebay?

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 05:04 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I just had to write something about an experience I have just had on Ebay, which some of you will appreciate is quite funny!

For the first time ever I have received a negative feedback from LUXPLUSSTUF

I listed a Beaux Arts Gift Box ( did not mention Gift Box in the title) 1989.

Wait for it.................................

This buyer wanted to return the item due to the fact that my auction was misleading. She was unaware that it did not come with ORIGINAL BOX AND POUCH and.......wait for it, she listed in her negative complaint that the perfume........wait for it...........is ''BROWN''.

Amazingly enough, this particular solid was in MINT Condition and the perfume was full........and it was released........wait for it.......in 1989. This makes the perfume 22 YEARS OLD! The Beaux Art had the label, shiny gold, and full, yes, full of perfume!

She thought, wait for it.....that I would sell a mint in the Box Beaux Art for 21! Crazeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
An original Beaux Art in the Box would sell much higher than that!

So Ladies and Gentlemen, your perfume of 22years must be PINK IN COLOUR, and must have the original pouch and box!
I refused to receive it as I had NO RETURNS on my auction plus the fact that she was aggressive in the first email demanding my home address! The second email mentioned NEGATIVE FEEDBACK i.e. trying to avoid it by my taking the item back was the inference!

I cleared the auction with Ebay U.K. who found nothing wrong with what I had written and told me I was justified in not accepting the item.........but she still managed to write her negative which Ebay will see........

So this is what is happening on Ebay. Sellers be prepared for negative feedback from ebayers who change their mind about an item which they decide they do not want OR they do not read the description etc. I do not mind buyer's remorse if the buyer is polite and apologetic but to be blackmailed into taking something back......WHOA.........................

ANYMORE STORIES ABOUT EBAY??? :rolleyes:/>

#28149 Solids Wanted

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 04:43 PM in Solids Wanted

Hello all! I've been ill lately so I'm sorry I haven't kept in touch. There are a few solids I'm hoping to buy. Please feel free to send me a private message or email me at lauderlover@aol.com with prices if you have any you're willing to part with. FYI...there is another lauderlover who became a member of this site after me who spells her name differently, not to be confused with me. Thanks!

Carousel
Harrod's English Emblem
Neiman's Beautiful Precious Rose in Purple
Peacock from 2006, not the first one.
Any of the HTF oldies from the 70's or 80's.

I have extras and have solids available for trade too. I've just been too tired to list them on Ebay. If anyone's interested in selling or trading with me, let me know your email & I'll email you a list of what I have. I have doubles and I have some I'd part with if I can find the ones I mentioned above. Thanks to all and I hope you're having a nice summer!

Marianne

#28148 Harrods Solids Wanted 2008 - 2010

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 04:35 PM in Solids Wanted

I would love the harrod's English Emblem. Please feel free to email me price with shipping if still available. Thanks!

#28147 Harrods Solids Wanted 2008 - 2010

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 04:34 PM in Solids Wanted

Hi Fee, That's great that you're resurrecting your collection. I have a few Harrods solids, if you are still looking: 1) English Emblems (lion/crown); English post box; and 2) palace (signed). Just let me know if any of these are of interest. :)/>
Cheers,
Lauren

#28144 Poll About Solids Being Empty Or Full?

Posted by Lauderlover on 18 July 2013 - 03:50 PM in Solids Wanted

I prefer most with their perfume; however, if I can save a great deal of mula on a $400 or more piece, I can do without the perfume. I never use the perfume anyways! It's just there to smell lovely and eventually, the smell changes due to being stored next to the others. LOL