Sara's Content

There have been 38 items by Sara (Search limited from 20-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#20770 Really Good Films

Posted by Sara on 01 December 2005 - 04:32 AM in General Discussions

Hey Sinnet

I have to admit I'm a HUGE fan of Sci Fi . thriller and horror movies, so not your style... ph34r.gif

but strangely enough, my favorite all time movie is Arsenic and Old Lace, with Carey Grant. If you're a fan of Harvey, you've got to see that one! I've watched it so many times, and it's always a laugh biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Sara

#20609 Your Last New Solid

Posted by Sara on 14 November 2005 - 01:31 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

CONGRATS Katita!

I was wondering who that was biggrin.gif and hoping it would be someone that would treasure her too. Something must have distracted Woody after all. tongue.gif

But KK, I did hint last week it was there....all I said was a great prize - halfway hoping no one else would find her .. HA!

#20542 Estee Lauder Signature

Posted by Sara on 09 November 2005 - 03:00 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

And for another variation, my silvertone lovenote has a rectangular space inside the lid for the name, but nothing engraved. However the label on the back says "Estee Solid Perfume" It seems this one has many variations! blink.gif

#20524 Most Desired Recent Solids

Posted by Sara on 08 November 2005 - 02:55 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

OK, Stop throwing the tomatoes at greyhound and start throwing them at me if you like....I prefer the Leibers to the Strongwaters....

#20497 A Bad Hair Day

Posted by Sara on 07 November 2005 - 03:15 AM in General Discussions

from a fellow sheepdog....persevere!!! once it gets just a teeeensy bit longer, it will be more manageable. At least that's what I keep telling myself. biggrin.gif

I've had my hair everywhere from waist length to a buzz cut - so I know all the traumas! And really, I only miss my short hair when I'm trying to eat an ice cream cone on a breezy day. Or cross the street without being blinded ph34r.gif

Buy yourself one of those big claw like clips that you can take out and put in easily. Or get it cut short and invest in wigs when you want the chignon tongue.gif And thanks for the laugh!

#20338 *new 2006 Jay Strongwater Solid

Posted by Sara on 26 October 2005 - 04:28 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(SharonParfums @ Oct 25 2005, 11:55 PM)
rolleyes.gif

I just got this message from Roselyn Gerson:

If you would like to, you can let the solidperfume collectors know that the new Strongwater solid Framed Memories does not have a mirror on the top but has a photo of a period lady.  Picture can be removed and replaced with your own photo.  The price is $250.00 sold exclusively at Saks.  Will also be available in Australia, UK, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan and Russia.  Thanks so much. 

Fondly,
Roselyn

View Post

Well I think we just solved the mystery of the word "exclusive"! Sold exclusively at Saks in the US, but available in many other countries....for which I am grateful biggrin.gif Basically what they're saying here is Saks has a stranglehold in the US, but the other countries sell in many other places. How many? Hmmmm....that remains to be seen I guess. Like many others, I'll just have to wait for the prices to fall on eBay unsure.gif

#20302 Ipba-u.k.chapter October 2005

Posted by Sara on 24 October 2005 - 03:21 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

WOW!

Lots of fun and drinking and talking and food and marmite (which I don't class as food...). Everybody getting to know one and other - sounds like a blast!

By the way, was there any PERFUME at this event? tongue.gif

#20286 Did You Ever Notice?

Posted by Sara on 23 October 2005 - 12:17 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I just realized, this probably means we'll all go through all our solids and compare the scents - this could take a while!

#20285 Did You Ever Notice?

Posted by Sara on 23 October 2005 - 12:14 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I have 2 black Cats - both have spellbound....My pink Cat's Meow has pleasures. At least my black cats are co-ordinated biggrin.gif but if they keep changing the scent, I'll never collect them all at this rate! unsure.gif

By the way, my pink cat seems to be almost colorless...do they often fade like this, or have I gotten a real dud?

#20262 Painters' Pallet Solid On Ebay.

Posted by Sara on 22 October 2005 - 07:37 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Ann and Ken @ Oct 22 2005, 02:27 AM)

This is an unfinished one--6571675976 on Ebay. 

Not to be confused with a prototype.

Ann

View Post

I think people are not mad...or idiots...just uneducated. I prefer to think of myself that way anyway tongue.gif

I guess it's fairly obvious that this is not a prototype by the photos themselves...why would a prototype be stamped inside? No point....besides, without the stones, it's just plain UGLY, lol.

$12 postage...nuthin to me, try $30 or $40 sometimes to get stuff down here mad.gif

#20206 To Be Charmed. To Be Dazzled

Posted by Sara on 18 October 2005 - 03:49 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

don't forget the witchety grubs Sandra....

#20205 Ipba-u.k.chapter October 2005

Posted by Sara on 18 October 2005 - 03:46 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

stay away from Marmite, Vegemite, and anything else like them....!!!!! I can think of many things that would go better on toast, anything edible really...but I'd rather just eat dry bread.

Sorry all you dedicated yeast extract lovers
tongue.gif

#20204 To Mib Or Not To Mib

Posted by Sara on 18 October 2005 - 03:44 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi there!

All I can say to your post is ....

Buy what you like
Buy it how you like it (mint or not)
USE it however you want to - it is yours after all...

and if you're not worried about the value - ignore anyone who tells you differently! biggrin.gif

To me, collecting is all about enjoyment, and everyone is a little different. Some people have no real interest in the compacts themselves, and only buy what they think will appreciate in value. To them I say, stop wasting your money...try the stock market or bonds if you want something safer.

For those who collect what they like, they just get lucky if it increases in value.

I buy MIB, filled but not MIB, and yes I even buy empties...I just like to look at the darn things, and frankly the only Estee perfume I've ever liked is Cinnabar...so I don't care if they're filled or not! rolleyes.gif I do buy MIB when I can and if I think it's good value, but the fact is I hope I never have to sell them, so this is probably a waste of money for me!

I do like having those boxes though...just in case

Happy collecting!

#20168 Ipba-u.k.chapter October 2005

Posted by Sara on 17 October 2005 - 03:37 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Sandra @ Oct 17 2005, 01:39 PM)
Yep - absolutely - I was replying to Sara (big oops!) . . . I thought I was replying to 'CapersInOz' who I thought wrote the post (but now looking at it, she didn't) and who I believe is also a Catherine and lives in Sydney . . . . I stand corrected if I'm wrong and her name isn't Catherine and she doesn't live in Sydney!

Sorry Printerslady - I wasn't directing any sort of comment to you, so don't worry. No vegemite for you!! laugh.gif

Apologies also to anyone else who I involved unnecessarily . . . . ! unsure.gif

Have edited the name now so no-one is confused (especially me!)

So Sara, - the one with the hungry cat and snow globes? Have I got this right? ohmy.gif

View Post

Oops - ok here's the mystery solved....Sandra, you were replying to CaperInOz...I had Jack change my profile for me yesterday to just Sara. Guess I should have let people know tongue.gif

yes... hungry cat, far fewer snow globes than I used to have due to him

So, not another Catherine, just one Sara - are there any other Saras out there? Or Sarahs even smile.gif

Cheers,
Sara (formerly CaperInOz)

ps: I will absolutely not meet you for breakfast if you force me to eat vegemite either, lol

#20167 To Be Charmed. To Be Dazzled

Posted by Sara on 17 October 2005 - 03:32 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Ok Sandra

How does a fellow Sydneysider become part of this Secret Society? Is there a painful initiation (other than emptying my bank account that is)

See folks, it really is secret - I must say retail in Sydney is less than friendly to the consumer...
ph34r.gif

#20115 Member Location Map

Posted by Sara on 16 October 2005 - 12:07 AM in General Discussions

I think it's a great idea Jack - I'm in! We'll need a link for this somewhere on the site biggrin.gif

#20076 Ipba-u.k.chapter October 2005

Posted by Sara on 14 October 2005 - 04:06 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Sandra @ Oct 11 2005, 10:11 AM)

Seriously now . . . . how does one go about planning these things?  If we Aussies were to get together to have our own 'convention', Ken, Ann, Liliane anybody - what is the process?  It's a fair hike just to have lunch together !

View Post

Well gee Sandra, I'm in Sydney too...but of course I'm a Canadian, so maybe getting together wouldn't be "Aussie" enough tongue.gif And you'd have trouble with my funny accent too!

Just don't ask me to eat Skippy....(which for the North Americans reading this, is not peanut butter...Skippy is a kangaroo, the Aussie take on flipper and lassie biggrin.gif

#20052 Painters' Pallet Solid On Ebay.

Posted by Sara on 13 October 2005 - 06:27 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I'm confused....Is the palette a fake or not??? There was one before? (and no I haven't bid cool.gif laugh.gif

#19916 Insurance Collection

Posted by Sara on 08 October 2005 - 11:54 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

OK ,

For me, I just realized that I could add "my collection" when I read these posts yesterday. Naturally I rushed right off and added as many as I could remember from memory (which isn't a lot) tongue.gif

I just went back and can see only my collection, and my user id is at the top, so maybe it's just the older lists that are corrupted?

BUT, when I saw the value, just in original retail price, I almost had a heart attack. GEEZ, you shoulda warned me! biggrin.gif Now I know I really do need to get some insurance...I don't even have that many...I'm still in the double digits!

#19747 General Distributions

Posted by Sara on 02 October 2005 - 02:39 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I just saw the listing for the owl...and he does look gorgeous Carolyn! so tempted.... rolleyes.gif

#19733 General Distributions

Posted by Sara on 30 September 2005 - 03:31 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I don't know if anyone else has noticed...but the snowflake is already for sale on eBay!
ohmy.gif

#19711 Why I Need To Lock Up My Solids...

Posted by Sara on 27 September 2005 - 03:36 AM in General Discussions

QUOTE(Lisa @ Sep 27 2005, 09:00 AM)
Very cute! Is tiger attracted to the scents or just pretty shiny things? biggrin.gif

View Post

Basically he's attracted to anything he can chew or knock over...but in this case I don't know blink.gif

He's never gone after the solids in the box before, and I just couldn't keep him away from this one...I'm wondering if the person who sold it to me has a cat that got a little affectionate with the box tongue.gif

#19697 Why I Need To Lock Up My Solids...

Posted by Sara on 26 September 2005 - 01:25 AM in General Discussions

Ok people

I know the picture is fuzzy, but here you will see why I have to keep all my solids locked away, in a box, in my closet .

Apparently Tiger is hungry, because he is desperate to get at my new Peas in a Pod compact, and it's not even out of the box! And the "in a box in the closet" is not excessive because he'll just open the closet door anyway.... tongue.gif

user posted image

can't get the picture to show....sigh it's at http://www.solidperf...Picture_105.jpg

#19652 Your Last New Solid

Posted by Sara on 21 September 2005 - 05:17 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Fantastic photos Catherine...but I'm sure I'm not the only one turning green with envy - about the shade of your dragon I'd say unsure.gif

Enjoy your solids - and get that curio fixed asap so you can show them all off!

Cheers,
Sara

#19316 What Would You Save

Posted by Sara on 28 August 2005 - 05:22 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

[COLOR=purple]Good luck to all of you with the hurricane...our thoughts are with you.