blackvelvette's Content

There have been 38 items by blackvelvette (Search limited from 23-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#20367 Hurricane Wilma

Posted by blackvelvette on 27 October 2005 - 11:27 AM in General Discussions

Hoping all our members in Florida are well and have managed to ride out the storm.

Lisa, Elly and Pamela we are looking forward to hearing from you as soon as you are able.

Phyllis, glad you are safe and well. smile.gif

Pamela.

#20174 Photos Harrods 2005 Solids

Posted by blackvelvette on 17 October 2005 - 02:16 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Jacqueline,

At a glance, I seem to feel that the solids are costing more in the U.K. At the least I think the X'change rate is something like SGD3.00 to One British Pound.

I have the price list here of the solids sold in Singapore in case anyone would like to make a comparison... (all in Singapore Dollars )

Orient Collectibles:

Dragon $580
Lanterns $330
Bejewelled Bottle $350
Parasol $420
Pekinese $420
Elephant $540

Holiday Collectibles:

Romantic Moments $160
Snowflake $150
Reindeer $150
Cameo $160
Owl $160
Golden Gift $150

Jay Strongwater :

Treasures $400
Butterfly $320
Pup $480
Kitty $500
Flowering Flacon $360

The X'change rate of Singapore Dollar to the USD is approx. S$1.68= USD1.00

Hope this helps too smile.gif

Seems the Reindeer is cheaper here ??

Pamela~

#20173 Here Is Our Exclusive Tx Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 17 October 2005 - 01:44 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Ringmaster,

Thank you for the information..... laugh.gif

Pamela~

#20144 Here Is Our Exclusive Tx Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 16 October 2005 - 12:02 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Maybe I shall see you there RingMaster ? ph34r.gif

Let us know if the "Oriental Collection" is available so I may pick up a few pieces..
unsure.gif

Pamela ~

#20132 Here Is Our Exclusive Tx Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 16 October 2005 - 11:08 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(ringmaster888 @ Oct 16 2005, 10:50 AM)
that's the invite card. A private preview event at held in SINGAPORE. also that's another public exibition event be held in one of the dept store in sinagpore

View Post

Actually, the invitation was a separate piece of paper enclosed within. The BROCHURE itself has nothing about the private event, but lists the pieces from the collection and their respective prices. I did not include a picture of the invite itself, simply the brochure.

In addition, it was held at a hotel - if there is another exhibition to be held elsewhere, I am not aware of it at this point.

#20128 Member Location Map

Posted by blackvelvette on 16 October 2005 - 10:49 AM in General Discussions

Hi again Jack,

I managed to add myself on the map. smile.gif

The mistake was mine.... Sorry!
unsure.gif

Pamela~

#20123 Member Location Map

Posted by blackvelvette on 16 October 2005 - 04:39 AM in General Discussions

Hi Jack,

Tried to add in my location but it says the Singapore is not a valid city. sad.gif

Is there any way that could be fixed ? ohmy.gif

This a super idea!

Pamela~

#20122 Painters' Pallet Solid On Ebay.

Posted by blackvelvette on 16 October 2005 - 04:21 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Liliane,

May I add my Congratulations because you managed to acquire a superb

piece : biggrin.gif

And thanks to Ann, for the great information.

This site is indeed very educational happy.gif

Pamela~

#20117 To Be Charmed. To Be Dazzled

Posted by blackvelvette on 16 October 2005 - 02:52 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thank you all for all your positive responses smile.gif I had fun reliving the experience all over again as well!

Yes, I had an extremely enjoyable evening and was pleasantly surprised to say the least because this was my very first "Private Viewing"; having had the pleasure, I wanted to share the experience with you.......knowing well that we have some very experienced collectors in our midst ! tongue.gif

Catherine, I do agree with you that the "Bejewelled Bottle" wub.gif makes a lovely solid and as some of the customers here remarked it would pair very well with the "Venetian Fan".

I wished I could have purchased the whole Oriental range sad.gif but then I was able to locate the "Imperial Princess" so I had to make a VERY difficult choice. ohmy.gif
Needless to say the Princess won! biggrin.gif

LATEST UPDATE : With the exception of the Parasol, I am happy to inform you that the Oriental Collection pieces are SOLD OUT!!!! ohmy.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pamela~

#20081 To Be Charmed. To Be Dazzled

Posted by blackvelvette on 14 October 2005 - 09:53 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

The invitation said "To be Charmed.To be Dazzled" And weren't we all! Everyone of us who attended fell immediately in love with this year's solids and EVERYONE came away with huge bags of goodies.

The walls of the room were lined with showcases displaying this year's and last year's solids.

The Bejewelled Bottle was displayed in its own little show case as were the Bejewelled Elephant and Lucky Dragon. The Parasol shared a display case with the Royal Lantern and the Royal Pekinese glowed in the light of the Lucky Lantern.
As cameras were not allowed I hope you have a very creative imagination trying to picture all this! laugh.gif

I was there 2 hours after the preview started and already the Lucky Dragon was enjoying very good sales! By the time I went back the second time, around 4 pm the Royal Parasol, Glistening Owl and Lucky Dragon were completely sold out. Looks like those who go tomorrow are in for a huge disappointment! sad.gif

Amid the light snacks offered, guests were seated and allowed to examine and select the solids of their preference, while SAs hovered attentively nearby everwilling to "bring out another" for the discerning purchaser.

I was told that only between 15 to 18 pieces of each of the Oriental Collection were given to the store which held the Exclusive rights because fewer pieces were produced this year. But who really knows these days? But for Singapore, limited means just that because there are only 15 Lucky Dragons running around...
The rest of the solids will be distributed to the other stores after Monday Oct. 17th.

A free Solid compact was given for different amount of purchases made. Among the free gifts were "The Sphinx" "Party Cake" "Roller Coaster" and "Cupid's Garden"

As for me, I bought the Bejewelled Bottled and came away with a wealth of experience. biggrin.gif And as promised, I was charmed and dazzled indeed!

Pamela ~

#20047 Happy Birthday ...

Posted by blackvelvette on 13 October 2005 - 12:58 AM in General Discussions

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN !

Pamela~

#19956 Your Last New Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 10 October 2005 - 11:11 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I just love the Pink Tutu!

Congratulations Lisa smile.gif

Pamela~

#19955 Solids Wanted

Posted by blackvelvette on 10 October 2005 - 11:01 AM in Solids Wanted

Catherine~ Totally agree with Katita there!

ENJOY !!

Pamela~

#19892 Here Is Our Exclusive Tx Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 07 October 2005 - 12:53 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Printerslady @ Oct 7 2005, 08:22 AM)
Pamela,

Did your brochure feature a yellow dragon as well? I think we'd all be interested to know if this is a mistake in the brochures or if there really is a different international version of the dragon.

Catherine

View Post

Hi Catherine,

No, our brochure features the red dragon. I must say the gold one is beautiful though!! wub.gif *drools*

Here is a picture. smile.gif

user posted image

~ Pamela ~

#19887 Here Is Our Exclusive Tx Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 07 October 2005 - 07:51 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I received the Estee Lauder brochure today and in it was the Bejewelled Bottle as

well. The launch date for the new solids in Singapore is 14th and 15th October.

Pamela ~

#19858 Concern For Collectors/members

Posted by blackvelvette on 06 October 2005 - 12:31 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thank you for your kind words, prayers and good wishes.

I am deeply touched and truly appreciative. Yes, Elly, it is a great feeling feeling knowing there are friends thinking of you on S.P. smile.gif

Will make it a point to "check-in" often now.

A BIG hug to everyone!!

Pamela ~

#19816 *new 2006 Jay Strongwater Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 05 October 2005 - 04:16 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

A Lovely solid! wub.gif

You are right Karin, it will be a great companion for the Boudoir Butterfly

Pamela ~

#19815 Concern For Collectors/members

Posted by blackvelvette on 05 October 2005 - 03:42 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Everyone:

Singapore checking in! : tongue.gif

Have been having quite a busy month because I had my cousins here from Perth for a week and that kept us on our toes .

Unfortunately my sister suffered a stroke in the middle of all that and she has been in hospital . sad.gif
She has recovered quite a bit but there is still a long ways to go. dry.gif

Other than that, things are fine smile.gif

Thank you for thinking of the "MIA" members. It is concern like this that makes this site unbeatable and the members a great bunch! wub.gif

Pamela~

#19607 I Am A Grandmother !

Posted by blackvelvette on 18 September 2005 - 06:47 AM in General Discussions

Congratulations Pamela ! biggrin.gif

Just like Catherine, I have to wait for my daughter to get married before I can

enjoy the happiness you have experienced although I still remember the time I

became a "MOMMY"~~ like it was just yesterday. smile.gif

~Pamela, too ~

#19205 Difference Between 1999 + 2000 Carousel

Posted by blackvelvette on 23 August 2005 - 06:09 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Maddalena,

I wish I could help you by telling you how to upload the photo onto the site but the truth is I AM HORRIBLE at stuff like this! sad.gif
In fact my daughter helped me with that post wub.gif

She has gone out now but I could ask her how she did it when she gets back. It will be no trouble at all ! wink.gif

Could the lovely ladies here help Maddalena?

~Pamela~

#19202 Difference Between 1999 + 2000 Carousel

Posted by blackvelvette on 23 August 2005 - 02:35 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Lisa @ Aug 22 2005, 03:51 PM)
I don't have either one but I think the saddle on the white horse is "extended" on the 2000 version.

I also know one had a round box (1999) and the other a square box.

*please correct me if I am wrong cuz not sure blink.gif

View Post

Hi! Here is a close-up of my Carousel. It came in a round box, and as per Roselyn Gerson's book, it is the 1999 version.

user posted image

I think the Carousel in the database might be the 2000 version, rather than 1999 as is labelled? unsure.gif

~ Pamela ~

#19199 What If.....?

Posted by blackvelvette on 23 August 2005 - 01:52 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I, too, hope everyone gets their dreams fulfilled!! biggrin.gif

Pamela

#19073 Happy Birthday Jacky

Posted by blackvelvette on 18 August 2005 - 01:36 AM in General Discussions

Hi Jacky,

My good wishes go out to you too
biggrin.gif

Pamela

#19018 I Have A Question?

Posted by blackvelvette on 16 August 2005 - 09:52 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

laugh.gif

I am THINKING of an appropriate answer Lisa .... dry.gif

You had me in stitches there!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pamela

#18983 Life In Florida

Posted by blackvelvette on 14 August 2005 - 01:11 PM in General Discussions

Yes! Me too Ar! biggrin.gif

Good wishes all the way from Sunny Singapore cool.gif

Pamela