mostlyminis's Content

There have been 6 items by mostlyminis (Search limited from 22-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28071 Liveauctioners.Com

Posted by mostlyminis on 28 March 2013 - 11:37 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Oh, I'm not bidding! I just noticed this auction when I was looking at perfume bottles on the site and thought some of the collectors on this site might be interested. Happy bidding to someone.

You're right about the shipping, Petals. I haven't been able to figure out the new rates for international since the price hike, but I know they hiked a lot.

Peggy

#28069 Liveauctioners.Com

Posted by mostlyminis on 25 March 2013 - 05:41 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi to all of you. Every so often I like to go to the liveauctioneers.com site and see what they have going for perfume and jewelry. I just go to browse, its fun to look.

This is the site that has had the last two IPBA auctions on it. I don't know anything about this sale, its not my sale, I'm not involved, I just thought this was something this site would like to read about and check out.

In the search box at the top right hand of the page I put perfume. 152 items came up and one of the items is 43 Estee Lauder solds in a casplay case with the starting bid of $225. It seems to think these will sell between $300 and $500, I think. I wasn't sure from the description if there are 43 EL solids and some other solids or if 43 is the total.

The auction is April 20th, the gallery is Dumouchelles gallery in Detroit, MI. This gallery does not provide shipping, they do have some shippers listed. There is also a 23% buyers premium. In the picture I remember seeing a carousel, the mermaid, I think a coach and a peacock, the peach, --- a lot of pretty solids.

I know you have to register to use this site, I have registered in case I saw something I had to have in the IPBA auctions, but I've never bought because of the buyer's premium and not knowing what shipping would be.

Just something to pass on to you all, I don't know if this is someone's collection, they also have a ton of lalique bottles in the same sale.

Peggy

#27949 I'M Officially Addicted!

Posted by mostlyminis on 15 October 2012 - 02:52 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Shannon! I don't collect anymore, but I started with mini perfumes and added some solids, too. I enjoyed every single purchase and second of my addiction and I miss the thrill of the hunt. You're going to have such a good time.

I was just at the Nieman Marcus site because I still love to see the new solids coming out and I think the (bear with me here, I'm not good with names of anything or anyone) celestial charms solid is wonderful. Beautiful color and I loved the charms. I think I may buy a bottle of EL's new tuberose gardenia to wear, and I did like that solid, too, but don't want to wear solid perfume. Too many years of collecting? It would just seem wrong to actually use the perfume. : ) I almost never wear perfume but a gardenia and rose combination may be more than I can resist.

I've seen the Juicy Couture charms and they are adorable. I'm glad they didn't come along before I had my collectorectomy.

Peggy/mostly minis

#27931 Picture On The Front Of Site

Posted by mostlyminis on 11 October 2012 - 09:41 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Wow, I love the picture on the front of the site. I love pink anyway, so that makes it extra special along with the Breast Cancer Support message it sends.

#27930 2012 Harrods Estee Lauder Christmas Bear

Posted by mostlyminis on 11 October 2012 - 01:11 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

What a cute bear. Thanks for all the information, everyone.

#27750 Non El Solids On E-Bay

Posted by mostlyminis on 12 July 2012 - 12:06 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I had a few minutes today and I was just browsing e-bay, looking at the non-Estee solids on e-bay. I'm not collecting anything anymore, I'm to the downsizing stage of my life, but I do still love to look and enjoy all the beautiful objects available.

It was kind of shocking to see the gorgeous solids available that were completely out of my range when I was collecting. There was a carousel horse (Corday) and Dauphin, a set of in the box Concretas for a BIN price of $49, things I would have snapped up for those prices back in the day.

If any of you have a wish to pick up a wonderful older solid for a great price, you might take a look.

mostlyminis/Peggy