pancho's Content

There have been 1 items by pancho (Search limited from 17-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#24805 Solidperfume.com For Sale / Closing?

Posted by pancho on 24 July 2009 - 01:13 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

HI EVERYONE, IT IS BRENDA (PANCHO) IN VICTORIA BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA.

IT HAS BEEN A VERY LONG TIME SINCE I POSTED ANYTHING. I THOUGHT IT WAS SO SAD THAT THE COMPACT CONVENTION WAS CANCELLED THIS YEAR DUE TO LACK OF PARTICIPATION. OF COURSE THE PARTICIPATION WAS DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE ECONOMY.

I REMEMBER GOING TO THE CONVENTION AND CARRYING ALL OF MY TREASURES WITH ME ON THE PLANES TO WHEREVER THE CONVENTION WAS. YOU SURE COULDN'T DO THAT NOW, WITH SECURITY, EXTRA $$$ FOR BAGS. THE AIRFARE IS SO EXPENSIVE TOO.

WE CLOSED OUR STORE LAST SEPTEMBER (ANTIQUES AND COLLECTIBLES) AFTER 12 YEARS. WE COULD SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL.

THE INTERNET FINALLY TOOK ITS' TOLL ON THE COLLECTIBLES MARKET. ROYAL DOULTON'S THAT USED TO FETCH $400-$500 NOW SELL FOR $100 IF YOU'RE LUCKY. THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SOLIDS AND COMPACTS THAT ESTEE PUT OUT.

THE PRICES GOT CRAZY FOR INFERIOR WORKMANSHIP. THE COLLECTIONS THAT PEOPLE AMASSED ARE NOT WORTH 1/2 OF WHAT WE PAID. I WAS LUCKY TO GET OUT OF THEM AWHILE AGO (YES I STILL HAVE A FEW I COULDN'T PART WITH). I STILL LOVE LOOKING AT THEM, AND IF I WON THE LOTTERY I WOULD BUY THEM ALL OVER AGAIN. NOW IT IS JUST HARD TO PAY THE MORTGAGE AND STAY AFLOAT.

ANYWAY, IF THERE WAS AN ANNUAL FEE AND IT WASN'T TOO BAD I WOULD BE WILLING TO PAY IT JUST BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE INFORMATION AND CONTACTS THAT WOULD BE LOST.

I KNOW IT IS HARD WORK, AND I WANT TO SAY HOW MUCH I HAVE APPRECIATED IT.

I'LL BE WATCHING CLOSELY FOR SOME UPCOMING HAPPY ANNOUNCEMENTS!

HAPPY SUMMER TO ALL!