SINNETT's Content

There have been 5 items by SINNETT (Search limited from 21-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#24104 What Is A Hoopoo?

Posted by SINNETT on 05 April 2008 - 02:38 AM in General Discussions

And as if by magic .......... the first Hoopoo has arrived in the garden. laugh.gif

My camera is not good enough for Zooming so I got a couple of pics on the camcorder - now only if I knew how to get them from the camcorder to the computer - phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unsure.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif

#24101 What Is A Hoopoo?

Posted by SINNETT on 03 April 2008 - 10:23 AM in General Discussions

Sorry everyone, it wasn't an April Fool, rolleyes.gif they are real and if you follow the link you'll see them

http://www.wildabout...-bird-call.html

We are very lucky here, there are a few pairs who are obviously resident in the summer and they are so beautiful you just have to stop and watch when they arrive in the garden. ohmy.gif smile.gif

Still wish I knew what the "pleased to meet you" bird was though - and wished he slept a little later!!!!!! laugh.gif huh.gif mad.gif

Caroline

#24097 Summer In England

Posted by SINNETT on 02 April 2008 - 10:48 AM in General Discussions

Or Margaret - you could do as we do here - and EAT them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif biggrin.gif ohmy.gif

Lovely cooked in butter and garlic wink.gif

Caroline

#24094 Summer In England

Posted by SINNETT on 01 April 2008 - 10:24 AM in General Discussions

Hello everyone again from rural FRANCE.

Sorry I have been out of touch, but with nursing Paul back to health after he broke BOTH his heels and building two houses - I'm sort of tired. blink.gif

Anyway Paul is walking a lot steadier now and will have another operation to remove all his screws and plates this summer.

I'm afraid my garden got very little attention last year and will be a big struggle. This spring I had about a dozen crocus only - the wild boar ate the rest last year. And of course we have lots of deer in the garden too - I love them and they are not as destructive as the Boar!!!!!! smile.gif

Margaret - this is a no go area for you - we have Frogs everywhere ph34r.gif ohmy.gif - and the noise phew!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

The "pleased to meet you" bird is back from Africa (I don't know what it is but it's mating call is a short whistle and then it says "pleased to meet you"). Unfortuneatly at 5am it gets into your head and you could murder it. mad.gif wink.gif

We are awaiting the HooPoo which is very beautiful - looks like a cross between a Zebra and a Punk!!!

Our two cats have taken all this in their stride - the wildest animals we had in the UK were the neighbours HORRIBLE children!!!!! huh.gif dry.gif

And as for summer in the UK - why do you think we moved to France!!!!!!

Caroline

#23473 New To Collecting. Where To Get Started?

Posted by SINNETT on 04 June 2007 - 04:33 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Jill, welcome to the family.

I am not a "serious" collector like lots of the members here, I started just buying pieces that meant something special to me eg. the Roulette Wheel from Las Vegas, The Piano because ONE DAY I will start playing again !!!!

The book about the EL products is generally available on Ebay - I had mine given at the EL shop in Vegas. However be careful - if you get the book and see all the gorgeous perfumes and compacts your bank balance could take a serious battering!!!

All I can say is just enjoy whatever you buy, and if you get them from the retail outlets, Ebay or flea markets it really doesn't matter.

Bienvenue from rural France

Caroline