Suzanne Martin's Content

There have been 2 items by Suzanne Martin (Search limited from 18-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#11347 El Vouchers

Posted by Suzanne Martin on 09 June 2004 - 10:57 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Ann, This is Monique replying for Suzanne, she is very busy with her Grand Jury. Here is what I mean by getting screwed: The voucher for $300.00 is the Maximum allowed for an entire year which means if a collector is going to buy the entire collecdtion which will run around $5000 they will only get a $300.00 voucher which will be applied only on the next year purchase. Furthermore, they are selling the "Exclusives" to Neiman and Saks, and by offering the voucher program they are taking the customers away from these stores. One way to circumvent the $300.00 limit is to buy under one's name, to the limit of $1500 then under your spouse's name for the next $1500 and so on. This is a very stupid thing to do. They are creating a division between their main Stores by trying to take and keep all of the collectors in their own stores. I have been in sales all my life and have been quite successful at it. This is the most underhanded and stupid marketing tool I have ever seen. I guarantee you that Saks and Neiman will figure a plan to do one even better and if EL continues to try to undercut them they will loose them like they lost Nordstrom.

#11283 El Vouchers

Posted by Suzanne Martin on 06 June 2004 - 08:53 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Does anyone know what happened to Roselyn? I heard she collapsed early this morning.

I found out today after asking around how the new vouchers will work for the purchases made at the LV store and also at the Manhasset store. One more time we are getting screwed.

the maximum amount that any collector can receive in any given year which starts July 1st is $300.00 I originally thought that it was $300.00 per $1500 perchase, but it does not matter if someone buys $4500.00 worth of solids they will only get a maximum of $300.00 which will be issued in a form of a voucher and will be able to be redeemed only the following year on subsequent purchases. Which means, we will have to buy under our husbands, sons, daughters etc....and buy only $1500.00 per person.
They are doing this in order to cut Neiman and Saks out of the market, but I think if we call our reps at these stores, they will probably match the discounts and do even better..... Lets get together on this one.