pirologists's Content

There have been 20 items by pirologists (Search limited from 12-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#17452 Powder Compact Questions Brigette & Lisa?

Posted by pirologists on 29 May 2005 - 04:56 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

And may I add, Thank you Brigette (and you too Lisa), both of you have been so very kind to me since my becoming a member here.

I would love to be ablt to keep at least one of everything I have found over the last few years, but unfortunatley I would have to divorce my darling hubby, throw the kids out way before the reached maturity and either have a huge Sale, hire an auction company or just plain pull a dumpster up to rid myself of all the things we have accumulated over the years. (And some of it I am quite fond of !) laugh.gif

#17447 Powder Compact Questions Brigette & Lisa?

Posted by pirologists on 29 May 2005 - 10:02 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thank You Thank You for helping me with the one I was stuck on . The link proved most helpful.

Enjoy the rest of the weeken end and be watching my sellers list on eBay as up they will go in the next few days.

Karen biggrin.gif

#17443 Powder Compact Questions Brigette & Lisa?

Posted by pirologists on 28 May 2005 - 10:53 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I also have one I am unable to identify (can't find the solid match either)
ANyone have any ideas?
user posted image
huh.gif

#17440 Powder Compact Questions Brigette & Lisa?

Posted by pirologists on 28 May 2005 - 09:59 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Gosh,
I don't know what I was thinking. rolleyes.gif
Here's a pic of one are these little compacts newer?
user posted image
I couldn't find them on Brigette's site and only see the matcing solids here. Any idea as to dates?
Thanks you 2!
Karen
I pobably should have put in a pic of the label yoo so here that is;

user posted image

#17426 Themes

Posted by pirologists on 27 May 2005 - 10:28 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

How about a Musical theme:

a Note
Treble clef
bass cleff
record
record player (a victrolla would work)
Instruments - brass, woodwinds, flutes, drum set etc.
sheet music
conductor

or a new sports line

Golf Ball
soccer ball
sport whistle
pommel horse
basketball
a pink baseball bat
a football or baseball feild

Women in History

Susan B Anthony (even though she was not a handsome woman)
Betsy Ross
Madame Currie
Mothee Theresa
The Virgin Mary
Margaret Thatcher (another not so hansome woman)
Golda Mier
Princess Diana
Queen Elizabeth (would make a great Harrod's exclusive on her anniversary or in her memory (God save the Queen & keep her healthy!)

And my final one
Sex synbol men

Cary Grant
Burt Reynolds
Tom Cruise
Fabio
(insert your fantasy here_______)

LOL
Karen

#17424 Be Aware

Posted by pirologists on 27 May 2005 - 09:56 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Personally I feel that eBay and Paypal are not doing enough to protect us from these people. Little if anything is done accept to tell the customer the same old same old. I have yet to see any news of a prosecution of a spoofer.

I do have to agree that you should NEVER EVER Click on any link from paypal or ebay. Doing so can cause a keystroke virus or bot to be placed on your computer and the theives can get your information by hacking into your computer.

It is okay however to keep reporting the "spoof" emails to eBay, but make certain to forward the email and copy the information you can get by clicking on the "Details" link in the header. It also doesn't hurt for you to try to figure out what ISP the email originated from and report it to them as well. You can send a CC to them.

There was just a great news article on TV today about spoofers and what happens to your information once these bandits get a hold of it. Literally your information can be sold or traded across the globe in a matter of minutes.
There are many websites that go unreported on the lower bands of the internet. This is where these theives lie. mad.gif

#17423 Powder Compact Questions Brigette & Lisa?

Posted by pirologists on 27 May 2005 - 07:07 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

blink.gif
It's been awhile since I have last posted but I have a question about the Zodiac Powder Compacts. I have been able to find a few of the matching solids but my question is this;
Did they make different Zodiac Compacts for the US and the UK?
I bought a large grouping NIB that that have LONDON underlined. I was told these were purchased in England and brought back to the states (they were used as Bridal Shower gifts). These are the smaller round models with crystals on the lid in gold.
Also were there different dates of release for the Europena and US versions?
The folks here have always been so helpful so I will say a big Thank You for any information shared, right up front. biggrin.gif
Thanks - Karen

#14971 Many Prayers Needed

Posted by pirologists on 30 December 2004 - 10:19 PM in General Discussions

I too beleive in the power of prayer, but have also made several small contributions to several charities in the names of my relatives that have passed on. I miss them horribly and cannoth fathom the loss of entire families, having to make a choice which child to try to save or the task of having to identify so many bodies. I cry each time I watch the the snipits I see on the computer. I can't watch the news in full, I would be thrown into a depression.
God Bless us all!

#14450 Thanksgiving Dinner

Posted by pirologists on 24 November 2004 - 06:34 PM in General Discussions

My odd ball item on the menu (my Mother in law does most of the cooking)
Grandma Mayer's Potato Chip Cookies!
Yummy! Yummy!

I always make 2 or 3 kinds of cookies good for the holidays, Potato chips are a staple (my Gma made them for all 9 of her children and her 63 grandchildren until she passed away).
One year I suprized everyone with a recipe one of my old bar fly customers gave to me for
"Dog Droppings"
Made from cocoa and condensed milk (Gosh I wish I could remember the recipe),
They were absolutely disgusting to look at, but an absolute delight to ingest.

Last year I made Rum Balls for the first time in ages - we all got soused from a few cookies (I added just a smidge too much rum LOL) and had a wonderful time during clean up time, marking each other's take home packages with odd, little nicknames, and whispering every time someone left or returned to the room.

I adore my in-laws but when we get together it's like having a classroom full of preschoolers. I guess thats the true meaning of Thanksgiving, having such wonderful people to laugh with. wub.gif

#13822 Hurry To Win A $350 Shopping Spree From El Website

Posted by pirologists on 16 October 2004 - 11:16 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Does everyone know about the Estee Lauder Website and that you can win a $350 Shopping Spree ? I just found this today and it can be found at this URL

https://www.esteelau...weepstakes.tmpl

You can find the official rules here!

https://www.esteelau...akes_rules.tmpl

This would be a great way to add 1 or 2 solids to your collection just for putting up with junk email from EL.

Hurry weepstakes end October 31st!

I am signing up!

Karen tongue.gif

#13821 Spring 2005 Solids

Posted by pirologists on 15 October 2004 - 10:45 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Fabulous Lisa! biggrin.gif Congrats on the lovely prize! You too Phyllis! biggrin.gif

Sounds like you had a very entertaining evening and your "rough" sketches are terrific!
Karen

#13726 Wear Pink, October Is.....

Posted by pirologists on 09 October 2004 - 07:25 PM in General Discussions

Oops forgot to add that all funds are being donated to Breast Cancer research.

#13725 Wear Pink, October Is.....

Posted by pirologists on 09 October 2004 - 07:23 PM in General Discussions

Gosh. Right now I wish I were in California. Just heard of a wonderful show called
BOOBYTRAP The Breast SHow. Even if I did live there, I probably couldn't get tickets though. I heard they had to add shows all of which also sold out. Sure hope they bring it to Chicago - I heard it was fabulous!

#13617 Info On Powder Compacts Needed

Posted by pirologists on 02 October 2004 - 11:01 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi All.
Without turning a long story into a longer one, Lets just say I aquired several vintage Estee Lauder Powder Compacts today. But I am in a bind and need some information about them. Most date from 1992 to 2000. Is there any member who has or knows of a photo gallery of the powders similar to Lisa's? Something with dates etc? I thought someone sent me a link to one, but cannot seem to locate it in my email file. And I thought that there was something on SP but couldn't locate that either!
I know how knowledgable you all are, please come to my rescue!
Thank you for all your encouragement & kind words,
Karen

#13405 Hurricane

Posted by pirologists on 13 September 2004 - 09:43 AM in General Discussions

To all those in the path of these huriicanes, glad you are able to keep everyone updated on your safety, and glad to hear that you have all been relativley safe from harm.
Now it looks like it's the west coast of FL turn for winds etc.

Anyone wanting or needing to track the storm can check the noaa.gov website. They have live radr images, loops and all kinds of interesting things on the site.

God Bless & Keep everyone,

Karen

#13325 Hurricane

Posted by pirologists on 05 September 2004 - 10:22 AM in General Discussions

I see that 4 mil people are without power in Florida currently. and been keeping an eye on the storm via the internet news and NOAA website.

Hope everyone in Florida is safe and sound. Watching news from Chicago and worried sick about freinds & family.

My prayers are with all those in the path of this humungous storm.

Stay safe, stay dry and God keep you!

Karen

#13290 10,000 Posts!

Posted by pirologists on 02 September 2004 - 07:11 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Conrats you two!
Love the site, love the chat area!
Thank YOU for coming up with the concept and following through!
Karen

#13203 Need Help Upload Photos To Site

Posted by pirologists on 25 August 2004 - 03:01 PM in Help Desk

Thank You Mausi,

ANother collector I have met on ebay comes to my rescue! Thank you kindly for your assistance. This does make sense -
Hope to be doing business with you again soon,
Karen

#13194 Need Help Upload Photos To Site

Posted by pirologists on 24 August 2004 - 06:00 PM in Help Desk

I was hoping someone might be able to assist me.

I have been asked to offer some solids for sale here but cannot for the life of me figure out how.
Can I include HTML in the "enter your post" box?

Thanks so much for your assistance.
Karen

#13193 What's Your Signature Scent?

Posted by pirologists on 24 August 2004 - 05:52 PM in General Discussions

Thought I might jump in here!

Here's one for the books -

Many years ago I found a lady who had a small gift shop in the inner city (Chicago) near Taylor Street (A predominently Italian neighborhood & still is). Anyway, her and her husband closed up the shop in the early 1960's and brought most of her stock to the suburbs for it to sit in her (then) new home.
Years went by and like many of us stuff piled up around those precious boxes of new old stock items.
She decided to have a garage sale (which is where I met her). She had cases of wonderful French perfumes by Molinard.
Over the years I have paurchased too many bottles from her to count including several Laliques. One of the prizes were several MIB Concreta's in most of the scents offered by Molinard in little bakelite plastic balls.
Needless to say I became addicted to one particular scent from Molinard - the name is Sketch and it is no longer available. (Molinard dropped out of business for many years but has made a comeback recently. Sketch has musky overtones a through back to my hippy days of patchouli (which I still adore)
The first time I wore it, my mother-in-law got a wiff and was frantic as to what the scent was - she said it was her favorite but she could not find it anymore.
I presented her with a huge 4 oz bottle of perfume that she was tickled pink to receive. And I even have her promise that if it ever becomes empty, it will return to me with the box.
(BTW everything I got from this lady was MIB Mini's concretas, and up to 4 ozs bottles)
I've never run into a find like those since, but to this day I have a bottle of Sketch on my dresser - I simply love the scent

Karen