Aoide's Content

There have been 7 items by Aoide (Search limited from 16-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#12893 What's Your Signature Scent?

Posted by Aoide on 08 August 2004 - 11:00 PM in General Discussions

QUOTE(loveperfume @ Aug 8 2004, 08:56 PM)
I have worn Red Door by Elizabeth Arden for years though since everyone keeps giving it to me for Christmas.

laugh.gif That is what happened with me and Shalimar. Every Christmas... and I love Shalimar, but I think I finally broke free this summer by buying something different. Now I just have to make sure the relatives know.

#12871 What's Your Signature Scent?

Posted by Aoide on 08 August 2004 - 12:06 PM in General Discussions

My absolute favorite fragrance is Joy by Jean Patou. As you can imagine I don't wear it very often or have the money to buy it.

I love Shalimar as well. I wore it for years and years. Just in the last two weeks I bought Opium. I haven't worn Opium in years and it is a very refreshing change from Shalimar although they are both listed as oriental.

I actually like lots of different perfumes. I guess that is how this whole collecting thing began. First I was getting perfume as gifts from my mom and aunt to wear and then came the bottles and then came the solids. There are so many scents out there that I like.

From http://scentagious.com//index.html
Joy is a sumptuous floral fragrance.
Top notes: Aldehydes, peach, greens, calyx
Heart notes: Grasse jasmine, Bulgarian rose, ylang-ylang, orchid, lily-of-the-vally, orris, tuberose
Base notes: sandalwood, musk, civet

Opium is an oriental fragrance.
Top notes: mandarin, plum, clove, pepper, cilantro, bay leaf
Heart notes: lily-of-the-valley, rose, jasmine, cinnamon, peach, orris, carnation
Base notes: labdanum, benzoin, myrrh, opopanax, castoreum, cedar, sandalwood, benjamin, amber, patchouli, tolu, vetiver

Shalimar is an oriental fragrance.
Top notes: bergamot, lemon, hesperides
Heart notes: jasmine, iris, rose, patchouli, vetiver
Base notes: vanilla, incense, opopanax, sandalwood, musk, civet, ambergris, leather

#12855 Pets?

Posted by Aoide on 07 August 2004 - 08:12 PM in General Discussions

I have a cat named Gypsy rescued from the SPCA. My whole family has cats so it was inevitable. I say that she is not a normal cat, because normal cats like to meow and climb all over you at inconvenient moments and she doesn't really do that. She is happy to be in the same room with me, but not necessarily in my lap. Although as she has gotten older she has become more "touchy-feely". She's a happy cat and has seen me through my bad times. Only other pet owners really understand how much our pets mean to us.

#12854 Miniature Perfume Bottles

Posted by Aoide on 07 August 2004 - 08:05 PM in General Discussions

My perfume collection is all over the place and it does include about 40 - 50 miniatures. That is probably my largest category. I have commercial and decorative bottles, the miniatures and of course the solids. I love the miniatures especially when you see them all grouped together. I can't pick a favorite. They are all so cute.

#12000 Can Anyone Tell Me?

Posted by Aoide on 13 July 2004 - 02:40 PM in General Discussions

Are you thinking of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? I'm pretty sure that is the one you are talking about. Thanksgiving this year is on Thursday, November 25th. As for the Christmas Tree lighting.... the Rockefeller Center Tree will be lit on Wednesday, December 1st. I found the info here:

http://www.nyc.com/l...nID&s=705&v=174

Hope this helps.

#11903 A Suggeston

Posted by Aoide on 12 July 2004 - 12:28 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Lisa @ Jul 11 2004, 10:14 PM)
I think "other" talk is a wonderful idea and that is what the non-solid talk area is for so please feel free to talk about anything

In looking back at last years solids- if I could only have one it would have to be the Luscious fruits

If the non-solid talk area is for casual talk you might want to rephrase the descriptor underneath it. When I read it... I think it is a place for non-Estee Lauder solids and compact talk. Not a casual conversation place. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

I saw the Luscious fruits this past Friday in San Marcos (I ending up buying the Enchanted Fairy) but I fell in love with the Luscious fruits. So wonderful.

#11895 A Suggeston

Posted by Aoide on 11 July 2004 - 10:15 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hello all. My name is Laurie and I am one of the new members under discussion. I am partially in the same boat as Annette in that I don't have very many solids or very much money for solids. All the ones I have except for maybe three were gifts from my mother or aunt. I don't feel like I have a lot of advice to give. I have a lot to learn.

In terms of posting I am a member of several different forums, but I am usually a lurker versus a poster. One thing that I have seen at almost all the other forums is a general area such as "Community Discussion" or "Water Cooler" for people to gather to talk about things other than the main board subject.

I certainly have enjoyed looking through the pictures and reading the posts on this group and I am very glad I found it. I have perfume bottles and minis and solids (mostly again from my mom and aunt..... ) but I love the solids the most.