Solidcrazy's Content

There have been 18 items by Solidcrazy (Search limited from 20-November 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#21769 Cosmetics company stores

Posted by Solidcrazy on 14 May 2006 - 11:56 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I was at the cc store in Destin, Fl today. They have the Pampered Kitty, The Marlin, The Lily Vase, The Gen Dist Ladybug, Horseshoe, Shamrock, And cameo. I treated myself to the Marlin ! smile.gif Almost went for the Lilies, maybe later. I'm sure the family would like groceries this month blink.gif

#21766 Princess Phone

Posted by Solidcrazy on 13 May 2006 - 04:31 PM in Solids Wanted

There is one on eBay today!

#20576 Is There An Atlanta Warehouse?

Posted by Solidcrazy on 10 November 2005 - 09:26 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hey Woody,

I have noticed those auctions. They state Atlanta in the from area, but if you look to the right where all of the auctions are listed before you open one those same auctions the distance column states the auction is from New York. I have never purchased from this person so I am not sure where they come postmarked from. I have just noticed the two different cities in the same listing. Check it out and see if these are the same ones you are seeing. Donna

#20574 Repairing Solids--missing Stones

Posted by Solidcrazy on 10 November 2005 - 08:29 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Catherine,

Thanks for all the great tips! I agree, I feel if I get the corrrect stone, take my time, and repair it properly that I will be just as happy with it as I would if it had arrived in perfect condition. Some of the nice jeweled ones are getting scarce. I would rather have one I fixed than not have it at all! I have bookmarked all of your links and will go on a crystal quest this weekend. tongue.gif
Thanks a zillion!
Donna

#20545 Repairing Solids--missing Stones

Posted by Solidcrazy on 09 November 2005 - 08:04 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thanks Margaret and Don! biggrin.gif I'll check that out today. tongue.gif Donna

#20540 Repairing Solids--missing Stones

Posted by Solidcrazy on 08 November 2005 - 11:28 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Good evening to all!

I recently purchased a solid that is missing two stones. sad.gif It is hardly noticable, but with my OCD it makes me crazy! blink.gif Does anyone know of a source to buy replacement crystals? Thanks so much for any help! Donna

#20090 Painters' Pallet Solid On Ebay.

Posted by Solidcrazy on 14 October 2005 - 03:13 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

[SIZE=14]I agree Lisa. I have seen bids placed for this solid by eBay members with 0 feedback. Many times this is the work of the seller with a second eBay account raising the price. It's just not nice![/SIZE] mad.gif

#19914 Painters' Pallet Solid On Ebay.

Posted by Solidcrazy on 08 October 2005 - 11:48 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

[SIZE=7]HI everyone!
Remember a while back when we were sharing our ideas for what we would like to see in a solid. Several of us liked the idea of a painters pallet. Here is an empty one dated 2001. I love it! Does anyone know anything about it? Why did it never make it to the consumer? It is an awesome compact. Donna
[/SIZE]
http://painters pallet

#19783 Solids Wanted

Posted by Solidcrazy on 04 October 2005 - 11:43 AM in Solids Wanted

Mary,
There is a Sparkling Snowman for sale on page 11.
I would love to have him also, but have spent my limit. sad.gif
Donna

#19782 Harrods Solids

Posted by Solidcrazy on 04 October 2005 - 11:38 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Does anyone know how this compact opens? I don't see the seam in the photo. Is it like the perfume bottle from SAKS? Thanks, Donna

#19732 This May Have Been The Start Of The Warehouse Sale

Posted by Solidcrazy on 29 September 2005 - 09:40 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

http://www.informati...9/logistics.htm

Copy and paste into your browser. Here is an article about how Estee used to send it's products to landfills but now due to this software they can "redistribute" the products. Donna

#19138 Green Dragon? Vase?

Posted by Solidcrazy on 20 August 2005 - 01:40 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Is the blue bottle a solid? How does it open? Donna

#18442 The Best And Worst

Posted by Solidcrazy on 25 July 2005 - 09:03 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

My most favorite solid: THE MAGIC DRAGON by far my absolute favorite!
Least favorite: The Empire Locket and the golden rope compact with the turquoise stone.
I am from: Pace, Florida
Number of solids in my collection: 245* 125 of them Estee 120 other makers
Collector for (years): Nine

Donna

#18227 Hurrican Dennis

Posted by Solidcrazy on 16 July 2005 - 10:00 AM in General Discussions

Thanks Everyone, This one was nothing like Ivan. We have a llittle fence down and a tree but no big deal. There are some folks though that have devastating damage. Even though the storm wasn't as horrible as everyone thought it was going to be, for some people it was. sad.gif But everyone has it together this time and most things are returned to normal already. I just had the internet to come back on last night. No eBay for six days! But fortunately we only went without power for 2 1/2 days. (Last time was 8 days) You really appreciate your air conditioning when you have to live without it. It was very HOT! Donna

#18169 Hurrican Dennis

Posted by Solidcrazy on 10 July 2005 - 09:37 AM in General Discussions

HI Everyone,

This will be last chance to see what is happening in the perfume world for a while. I'm just sitting here waiting on Dennis. I live just on the outskirts of Pensacola and it looks like it is coming to visit. I can't believe we are getting hit again so soon. I still don't have all the repairs finished from the last storm. So far a little light wind and light rain but I know the worsts is yet to come. Hope to check in with the site again soon. Mimi thanks for keeping my kitty safe until after the storm!

Donna

#17984 Solid Perfumes In Art

Posted by Solidcrazy on 26 June 2005 - 01:19 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

WOW you guys are correct! ohmy.gif Actually that makes me feel better. I just couldn't stand the thought of that solid being glued to a box. mad.gif HAHA It does have many more rows of crystals than the solid, but it is so similar. Who makes that pin? It is so close to the Lauder design. Now I am glad it was sold. I would have purchased it and only had a costume jewelry pin. blink.gif

Thanks for the insight. Have a great day everyone!

#17973 Solid Perfumes In Art

Posted by Solidcrazy on 25 June 2005 - 11:05 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hey Everyone! I couldn't believe it! I was wasting time browsing at Ruby Lane and I saw a little key cabinet that a crafter had made. She did a mosaic with a bunch of jewelry pieces on it. Right there glued and grouted into the cabinet was a Starry Night solid! I was sick! If it was not already sold I would have bought it and dug it out of there! The whole cabinet sold for $72. I wonder if someone wanted the cabinet (it was very cute) or if someone spied the solid. I guess you can find solids anywhere if you look hard enough! If anyone would like to see it go to ruby Lane search mosaic, go to page 25, about 5 items done look for Sold Mosaic Jeweled key box. I will try a hyperlink.I don't know how long it will be there so if anyone wants to see it go soon! I bought a collage pin once at a flea market that has a Vanda Cukoo clock glued on it. Have any of you ever made art out of your solids. Donna
Starry Night in art!
I got my daughter to do the link HEEHEE! ENJOY!

#17956 Your Last New Solid

Posted by Solidcrazy on 24 June 2005 - 02:19 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I went the cc store about an hour from here last week. All they had was the ladybug, the castle, the acorn, and the clover. I was a little bummed. Of course they were $25-$30 less each than I paid. mad.gif The lady said they don't sell to well there so they don't get the higher end solids. I guess that's the price of living in a small town. I will try the one in Destin next month and see what they have. I hear all the great stories about what everyone finds at the cc store. I am soooo jealous! HAHAHA. However, I just got my "Pink Lady" this week. I love it! It is one of my favorites. I think it has plenty of crystals for the type of solid. The whole grill is crystals and the lights and the big "diamond" wheels. All the pretty pink enamel color! WOOT WOOT! It is idleing happily in my curio! tongue.gif
Donna