Shannon's Content

There have been 13 items by Shannon (Search limited from 20-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28008 Pink Tutu Anyone?

Posted by Shannon on 08 November 2012 - 02:27 PM in Solids Wanted

Hi everyone:

Would anyone have a Pink Tutu MIBB or MIB they'd be willing to part with? Please send me a private message.

Thank you,

Shannon

#27989 Shimmering Showgirl Has Arrived!

Posted by Shannon on 24 October 2012 - 11:12 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Congratulations! I have that one on next years list. A friend is bringing it to me from the UK. I have to wait for her... is she worth the wait in person??
Jennifer in Jax

Hi Jennifer:

Yes, I think she's worth the wait. She was one of the compacts I wanted the most and I'm very happy to meet her! :P

Shannon

#27985 Shimmering Showgirl Has Arrived!

Posted by Shannon on 24 October 2012 - 07:53 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Managed to get my mitts on a Shimmering Showgirl and she arrived today. She is beautiful and MIBB! Very happy with my purchase. :)

Shannon

#27976 Viva Las Vegas

Posted by Shannon on 22 October 2012 - 11:26 AM in Solids Wanted

Hi everyone:

Does *anyone* have a Viva Las Vegas MIBB or MIB they would be willing to sell? Please let me know.

Thanks! :P

Shannon

#27975 What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Posted by Shannon on 22 October 2012 - 11:02 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Shannon,
A warm welcome from the South. Before you, I was the "newest" member I think to this great group (not sure what we are called?). I started collecting in March this year and I have about 150 solids now! I started with collecting everything as I wanted to build up a collection quickly but soon found it's not much fun to collect empty ones! I then started to replace them with the ones with perfume and boxes and now only buy compacts which have at least perfume in them even without boxes. The only exceptions might be the really old and hard to find ones that I really want.

It's definitely addictive as I have to go on eBay every day for a few times to make sure I haven't "missed" anything :) My husband is getting a bit annoyed too with my newfound hobby as I promised I will only buy so many to fill up the antique display cabinet that he bought for me for the solids but now I'm running out of space and am trying to persuade him that WE need another one ;)

Again, very happy that you join us and good luck with your collection!

Alice

Hi Alice:

Wow! You started this past March and you have 150 compacts?? That's amazing. I'd love to do that, but food and shelter must come *before* compacts! I'm not doing too badly, I started two weeks ago and have a whopping 13 so far. Of course, I've left my hubby completely out of the loop on this. I'm pretty sure he will be none too pleased about my latest obsession.

Thanks so much for the nice welcome. :)

Shannon

#27964 What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Posted by Shannon on 18 October 2012 - 12:45 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi everyone:

Well, I've done it again. I've managed to become obsessed with collecting items that are going to drain my pocketbook and render me homeless. Why, oh why couldn't I have stumbled onto matchbook collecting or *anything* that was less expensive than Estee Lauder compacts??!! :unsure:

In order to have some money left for such things as food, what are some tips some of you long-term collectors can give me? Do the true collectors purchase brand new from resellers such as Neiman Marcus or do you purchase off eBay and other auction sites?

Do you care if the compacts come MIB or MIBB, or UB? I'd hate to start off this hobby going the cheaper route only to find myself realizing I should have purchased MIBB right from the start.

So many questions.... :blink:

Shannon

#27963 My Most Wanted List

Posted by Shannon on 18 October 2012 - 06:34 AM in Solids Wanted

I think you should buy from who you are comfortable with, and also for the price you are comfortable with. ;)

This is what will be remembered. You don't want to get ripped off, and you don't want to buy from people who don't care about what you buy (ie, buy from people who care about what they sell to you). B)

Sandra:

I sent you a private message. I *thought* I had done this 3 days ago, but I think I sent the message to another member. Doh!

Shannon

#27955 I'M Officially Addicted!

Posted by Shannon on 16 October 2012 - 10:29 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Welcome Shannon! I've been collecting solid perfumes for 5 years now and have over 500 now. So yes, it is very addictive. Be sure to check out the past topics on the forums on this site. It will help you not make some mistakes with collecting solids. I have seen the new EL Celesial solids on the Harrods website and they are fabulous.

The Imperial Princess is the most wanted with the EL solids (well at least so far that is my most wanted!)

I am out of Jax, FL.

I started collecting solid perfumes after my grandfather died and my grandmother gave me these two tiny gold boxes...on researching them, I found out they were solid perfumes and that's how it got started. On a sad note, my grandmother who began my solid perfume collection bug, passed away last week. I just came in on the train this morning from Maryland for the service. It is the sad end of a wonderful era with my grandparents. I am thankful for all the lessons in life she showed me, especially the love of collecting solid perfumes!!

Jennifer in Jax

Just wanted to say thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome. I'm really, really excited to get started on my collection. Woo hoo! :0)

Shannon

#27954 My Most Wanted List

Posted by Shannon on 16 October 2012 - 10:27 AM in Solids Wanted

I can get you maybe the:

Beachchair
Great wall
Ocean Liner
Opra house
Roller coaster

All MIB... just email me and let me know

I have a question. I have had more than one member tell me they have the same compact for sale. Is it bad form to find out who has the best price and purchase from that seller, or should I purchase from the individual who notified me first?

#27944 My Most Wanted List

Posted by Shannon on 15 October 2012 - 12:31 PM in Solids Wanted

Kandie:

Thanks so much for your response. I've sent you a private message. :0)

Shannon

#27941 I'M Officially Addicted!

Posted by Shannon on 15 October 2012 - 12:34 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Welcome Shannon !! Always good to see a new face on the site . . . :)

Yes, welcome to the world of addictive little solid perfumes.

Enjoy the world of discussing all kinds of things and experiences about them.

And meet people from all over the world who are crazy about them!

Would love to know what your first purchase was and where you found it ! B)

I've only got 2 so far, one is the Taj Mahal (from eBay), and the other is the Cathedral Square (on RubyLane). I love the travel themes with the UK charms and the oriental theme, with Chinese Dragon, lantern, and the Great Wall. I went through the database to hopefully narrow down which ones I want, and my final tally was 145. So I guess you could say I am in serious trouble!!! :0)

#27937 My Most Wanted List

Posted by Shannon on 14 October 2012 - 09:45 PM in Solids Wanted

Here is my most wanted EL compacts list:

Beach Treasures
Brilliant Beach Chair
Bustier
Chinese Lucky Dragon
Glorious Great Wall
Jeweled Jukebox
Jeweled Lantern 2005
Ocean Liner
Opera House
Pink Lady
Viva Las Vegas
Rollicking Rollercoaster
Shimmering Showgirl
Roulette Wheel

I realize this is a big list but I've got a lot of catching up to do. :P

Shannon

#27935 I'M Officially Addicted!

Posted by Shannon on 14 October 2012 - 09:15 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi everyone:

Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Shannon and I am a very recent Estee Lauder compact collector. I recently started collecting mini perfumes and stumbled onto some Estee Lauder compacts. I found this site after doing a little digging on the Internet. The database is invaluable! Once I saw the pics, I KNEW I was in SERIOUS trouble!! The last time I got this excited about anything was over Juicy Couture charms, and I managed to collect a disgusting amount of those in very short order. Still love the charms, but want to move on to something new.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Now on to the post my most wanted EL compacts!! :)

Shannon