Yuen's Content

There have been 65 items by Yuen (Search limited from 13-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#27996 What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Posted by Yuen on 26 October 2012 - 05:38 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Yes Margaret you are exactly right I am afraid about the dollhouse :D

I found myself starting to look at dollhouse furnitures etc etc besides EL solid perfume on eBay everyday now. My colleague told me there is this hobby shop in the CBD that has dollhouse stuff and I am planning to "have a look" when I have a chance. I have a feeling what this will lead to....

My only constraint is I don't have the space (although I have a second bedroom that at present is full of my clothes) so this might be a "deterence". If you have a chance, I would be very very interested to see a photo of your dollhouse! I have printed one from eBay which is a bakery but it is sold as a built set and I think it's not much fun as I want to build my own to display my solids, just need to think where to put this and buy the necessary "furnitures" and asscessories! ;)

Alice

#27983 Ivory Carver

Posted by Yuen on 23 October 2012 - 01:11 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1df90d7e

When I checked this solid out from the database and also from Rosyln's book, the crystal in the middle should be read. Is this one a variation?

Any advice?

Thanks
Alice

#27980 What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Posted by Yuen on 22 October 2012 - 08:21 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I practically just collect the ones that I like. At first, I don't have enough to display them in a "theme" set but now I don't have the space :) I bought a set of table and chairs (miniature dollhouses ones) and some mini cutlery trying to set up a "dining scene" with my teacup, coffee cup, wedding cake etc on the table. I got them yesterday but the table is really small and I can only put the two cups and the dessert on it! I have got one shelf for the older solids, one for the sparkling newer ones and one for the "animals" and cameos but as I said am running out of space! Not sure what to do next :(

#27974 What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Posted by Yuen on 21 October 2012 - 11:54 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Shannon,
A warm welcome from the South. Before you, I was the "newest" member I think to this great group (not sure what we are called?). I started collecting in March this year and I have about 150 solids now! I started with collecting everything as I wanted to build up a collection quickly but soon found it's not much fun to collect empty ones! I then started to replace them with the ones with perfume and boxes and now only buy compacts which have at least perfume in them even without boxes. The only exceptions might be the really old and hard to find ones that I really want.

It's definitely addictive as I have to go on eBay every day for a few times to make sure I haven't "missed" anything :) My husband is getting a bit annoyed too with my newfound hobby as I promised I will only buy so many to fill up the antique display cabinet that he bought for me for the solids but now I'm running out of space and am trying to persuade him that WE need another one ;)

Again, very happy that you join us and good luck with your collection!

Alice

#27972 Yet Another Seller Trying It On!

Posted by Yuen on 21 October 2012 - 06:10 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi petals

Is this on eBay? I can't find it.

Alice

#27934 Picture On The Front Of Site

Posted by Yuen on 12 October 2012 - 05:40 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Oh my god, the front page is so pretty. Pink is my favorite color and I have just received a pink swarovski pen as a gift last night!

It's fantastic work Lisa! Thank you!!!!

Alice

#27917 2012 Harrods Estee Lauder Christmas Bear

Posted by Yuen on 24 September 2012 - 05:32 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi woody,

Congratulations for getting the lovely bear! Do you have to pre-order or register your interest to get it?

How much is it?

Alice

#27906 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 17 September 2012 - 07:18 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Not to worry petals. I understand solid perfumes are not the most important things in our lives, maybe the second :lol:

Did you see the imperial princess on the eBay (the one for auction)? It started at a super low price of $50 and now is up to $440 I think, still a lot below the ones on the market for sale....

Alice

#27903 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 16 September 2012 - 03:51 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Dont know. PayPal only said they have decided in my favor. Frankly I don't really care so long I received my money back. I have just left negative feedback for the seller. She definitely hasn't sent it and she should know. Not going anywhere near this seller again!

#27900 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 15 September 2012 - 01:45 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Just letting everyone know that I finally got my money back from PayPal :P

It was a long drawn process but thanks for all your assistance and support!

Alice

#27896 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 07 September 2012 - 06:19 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Sandra,

I did make a claim to PayPal. I am really surprised that when I escalated it to a claim, they gave the seller 10 days to respond and then they told me after the seller responded that it will take them 30 days to "resolve" the claim!!

So I am still waiting....

Alice

#27893 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 05 September 2012 - 09:14 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Petals,

I have scanned the envelope and is attached.

Thanks so much for your help!
Alice

Attached Files

#27891 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 04 September 2012 - 08:06 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I checked the envelope again after reading your posts but the only weight is the one written by the seller on the customs form when she declared what it is, how much it costs and signed unless the weight was filled in by the staff at the post office. I assume it is the seller as the handwriting is the same.

I received a parcel from the US yesterday and because of this "violin" incident, I looked at the envelope more closely. It seems that on the right hand corner where the postage stamp is, there is an automatic printed weight of the package. There isn't any on the package from the UK just the handwritten one on the custom form.

It's always a pain to go to the post office and I try to avoid it :) I only sell very rarely as I have nothing much to sell! Even when I don't use them, I tend to keep them just in case ;)

Alice

#27880 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 29 August 2012 - 12:24 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I did think about that too because she had four solids to sell at the same time and I noticed another person bought the other two but I didn't get a "wrong" one, just one. If she put mine and sent to the other buyer, I doubt the other buyer will say anything!

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2ec15a86ee

This is advertised on eBay - a Romantic Edition without the picture! The seller didn't even mention that. A lot of dishonest people around :angry:

Alice

#27877 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 27 August 2012 - 08:26 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for that. Yes, I really don't know how to prove it. It does have a custom declaration form and the weight of the package but it was the seller who the weight on it so she could have put the weight of the two together on the form and put only one solid in. I will have a closer look when I get home today.

Alice

#27875 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 27 August 2012 - 12:20 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

But the problem with this one is she sent me the weekend Artitst but not the violin so she can still produce the sent receipt if she has one. And now it's like my words against her words but as I said I am even more angry with this one because I definitely know that she hasn't sent the violin. With the other one, I can still think the package might have got lost (although very unlikely) and she wasn't lying.

I am in cairns because my husband has to come up for meetings today (Monday) and tomorrow. We came up late on friday so that we can spend the weekend here. Last time when I was up here, it was summer and I nearly died of heat exhaustion!! This time is much better as the humidity isn't bad. About to go to the spa in half an hour while the hubby is working hard :) Flying back tomorrow afternoon and back to work on Wednesday :(

Alice

#27867 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 24 August 2012 - 06:32 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hello everyone,
I am having a short holiday in Cairns ( three hours flight north of Sydney) and the weather here is fantastic! Will be around 29 degree today and just about to go on a tour B) . I got my money back for the four solid perfumes which never turned up and am still waiting to hear from the missing violin case. PayPal gave the seller more than 10 days to respond to my escalation of claims which I think it's a bit too long. I got my money back within 24 hours after my escalation of claims to eBay.

Of course I wouldn't be able to not buying solids from eBay. Already bought a couple after this ;)

Yes I agree Sandra there are quite a few dishonest people around which is a shame. I sold my Oroton bag a fees weeks ago and the buyer contacted me almost three weeks later to say that she hasn't received it. Luckily I have tracking and I said I'll look into it and will let her know more details. The tracking told me it was delivered two days after I posted it with full tracking information along the way. I gave her the details and never heard from her again! I don't think the bag miraculous turned up after three weeks and after I gave the info to her. I guess she knows that I have full tracking and she won't be able to make a false claim on me!

Hate these dishonest people!

Alice

#27855 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 17 August 2012 - 05:44 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Of course I won't buy or go near her again. I have already excluded her in my EL solid perfume searches but have to constantly "update" my exclusions because of her constant change of name!!!

She insisted that she has sent the four items and on Monday if I still haven't received them, I will escalate the case. Since march when I started to collect the solids, I have never had any trouble with receiving the solids except in one case the seller didn't mention the solid didn't close properly. I emailed her and got no reply and I left it at that as I can still display it and just left her a negative feedback. It was the only bad one out of now close to 100 solids. I have really had bad experiences lately. Beside this one that I didn't receive, I received a package from the UK yesterday. I bought the weekend artist and the violin with perfume but no boxes. I really like the weekend artist so I am willing to buy even with no box but still has perfume. In the package, there was only the weekend artist but NO violin! I emailed the seller and she said she has sent both! I emailed her again with more details and she didn't reply again. I have just opened a case with PayPal because I find the eBay resolution process very slow and not helpful. If I didn't get my money back in these two cases, I will stop buying from eBay. I have paid close to $ 500 for these two cases!

#27851 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 13 August 2012 - 11:06 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

http://www.ebay.com/...=item41695b2e7d

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4169443713

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f1ad731bb

This is one of the "new" brand Estee Lauder/Bob Mackie. What a joke!

#27847 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 13 August 2012 - 04:46 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Wendy and Sandra,
I opened a case and she replied and gave a tracking number. I looked at the tracking number and it did say the parcel was posted so maybe she has sent it although it was quite late since I paid for them almost two weeks earlier. So do you know what will happen now? I'll just sit there and wait and hope that it will turn up?

Thanks alice

#27844 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 13 August 2012 - 12:50 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Alice, open up a Paypal case. You only have about 30 days. The seller knows this, that's why she is saying 3 - 4 weeks. She MUST provide a tracking number or proof of postage to Paypal. This will have a date on it, so you can see when the person sent it.

Sometimes a Paypal case will 'remind' them send it.

Let her know you are serious. If you receive the goods in the meantime, you can always close the case without any admonition from Paypal or Ebay. You are just keeping the seller honest, which is what Ebay is all about. :)

I have opened a case as I am getting really worried now. As you suggest, I can always close it if I receive the solids.

Will let you know how I go.

#27843 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 12 August 2012 - 09:18 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

thanks Sandra.

This seller is getting a bit out of control. In addition to a new name again, she now has a "new" brand called ESTEE LAUDER/ BOB MACKIE and is selling a number of compacts she called Bob Mackie/Estee Lauder Solid perfume compacts. Should our members in the US call ebay or Estee Lauder to let them know?

Alice

#27840 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 11 August 2012 - 08:00 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Just want to let everyone know that this seller saraperfumeshoppe has changed her name again!! She is now called saraKollectiblekompacts. I don't know what beat is doing, keep letting her changed her name and keep her ratings and feedbacks.

She just out up the affectionate fish for a buy it now price of $125 which is very low and I would have bought it if it's not from her. Just don't trust her any more.

Alice

#27835 Imposter Solids?

Posted by Yuen on 10 August 2012 - 01:27 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Alice,
If she didn't give you a tracking number I suggest you file a case. 3-4 weeks is way too long. Also check the deadline for filing a complaint.
Ar

No. She didn't give me a number. I don't know that there is a deadline to file a case as I have never had any problems before. I'll check and if there is one, I'll open a case.

Thanks Ar

#27833 London "Lympics

Posted by Yuen on 09 August 2012 - 07:18 PM in General Discussions

The free-to-air coverage here (australia) is terrible. A couple of minutes here and there and you never get to watch the whole thing. Most of the time only Australian competitors are shown and I feel like I'm watching the national championships instead of the Olympics!!

Watched the marathon swimming with my husband last night and it brought back wonderful memories. We were in Hyde Park a couple of years ago sitting next to the pond and sipping coffee and it was so blissful. He saw the restaurant in the backdrop and quickly pointed out to me "There's the restaurant!" :)

I agree it's very exciting to have the Olympics in your home town. I managed to watch the gymnastics final in Sydney in 2000 and the atmosphere was amazing!

Alice