dante's Content

There have been 27 items by dante (Search limited from 20-November 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#16995 *photos* Neiman Marcus/b Goodman 2005 Solids

Posted by dante on 07 May 2005 - 06:34 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I am going to be the odd one out here, but I love the elephant.
I am going to have to get that one to add to my Elephant collection. biggrin.gif

I also like the parasol .

Dante

#16994 Questions From A Very Newbie In Australia

Posted by dante on 07 May 2005 - 06:17 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome, it's nice to see another collector from "downunder". Sorry I am a bit late with my welcome, my visits to the site have been rare of late. But you will find lots of information here and everyone keen to help

Dante

#15674 Duty , Tax , Vat In Different Country

Posted by dante on 11 February 2005 - 01:03 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Sorry for the confusion I created, regarding the duty sad.gif

In actual fact the duty concession has only increased on the goods that you carry with you into the country.

All the rates etc are explained on the Aust customs Website: customs.gov.au

Basically anything over $250 and you start paying especially if they don't come via the normal mail system ie freight company's like harrods use. I haven't paid on anything I have bought via post from the usa, only on stuff I've bought from harrods.

Dante smile.gif

#15607 Duty , Tax , Vat In Different Country

Posted by dante on 06 February 2005 - 10:37 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Unfortunately for us Aussies, although the allowance has now nearly doubled, if you go over that limit you will be required to pay the tax on the ENTIRE amount of the goods, not as before, on the bit you were over.

Dante

#14621 Countdown To Christmas

Posted by dante on 03 December 2004 - 04:33 AM in General Discussions

Don & Margaret your house looks beautiful laugh.gif . Just as a house should look like at christmas, so very inviting biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .

Dante

#14041 Wishing You A Speedy Recovery Charlotte

Posted by dante on 02 November 2004 - 08:21 PM in General Discussions

Charlotte, glad you are home . I hope you are feeling better soon wink.gif wink.gif

Dante

#14040 Hawaii

Posted by dante on 02 November 2004 - 08:18 PM in General Discussions

I am off to Hawaii (Honololou) next week. Does anyone know if I can by EL solids in the stores there?

I know there is a Macy's there, but not sure what else.

Thanks Dante wink.gif

#14039 Harrods 2004 Solids

Posted by dante on 02 November 2004 - 08:13 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I received my Harrods solids today: the bear and post box. I love the post box biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .
I also received GWP which was a pleasant, surprise seeing I had to pay import duty & s/tax. Farzy is my Sales Rep and have received excellent service from her both this year and last year. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Dante

#13541 Getting Ready Again

Posted by dante on 28 September 2004 - 05:56 AM in General Discussions

Phyllis,
it's wonderful you can still manage to have a laugh with eveything that is happening around you.My thoughts are with everyone in Florida, and lets hope things only get better from now on. I can only imagine what you all are going through

Dante

#13308 Hurricane

Posted by dante on 02 September 2004 - 09:29 PM in General Discussions

Lisa & Jack and anyone else who maybe in the Hurricanes path, take care. wink.gif

I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

My thoughts are with you
Dante

#13139 Happy Birthday Jacky

Posted by dante on 20 August 2004 - 12:07 AM in General Discussions

[SIZE=7][COLOR=red]Happy Belated Birthday Jacky laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#13065 Let's Define "mint" And "rare"

Posted by dante on 16 August 2004 - 12:51 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I too am not fussed about the boxes. I buy the solids because I like the design, of course if it comes mint in box I keep it, but if there is a solid I want and it doesn't come with a box, I will still buy it if it's the right price. wink.gif

I used to collect Cherished Teddies, ran out of places to store the boxes, I don't know why I was keeping the boxes because wasn't planning on selling any of them so I finally threw them all away, the boxes(close to 200). Now I can see the same thing happening with my EL boxes. Though I have a long way to go before I have 200 wink.gif

Karen (Aussie Girl) sorry to hear your box was damaged in transit, just for your info Customs do not open or close the parcels, Australia Post employees are responsible for this. wink.gif

Dante

#13047 What's Your Signature Scent?

Posted by dante on 15 August 2004 - 06:05 AM in General Discussions

My favourite every day fragrance is EL Beautiful or Eternity. I also like to wear Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle, which I have just discovered.

I remember the first time I was ever given a bottle of "real french Perfume". I was about fourteen working after school in the local supermarket, a very small establishment. The manager gave all his "girls" a bottle of Lanvin's Arpege for christmas, as u can imagine I was just thrilled especially since I had never been given perfume before. Arpege is still a sentimental favourite and I wore it until I discoverd Beautiful.

Dante

#12778 The Estee Lauder Conference Call

Posted by dante on 06 August 2004 - 01:11 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

A big thanks to Lisa & all you guys who went to the effort.

I am astounded at EL's attitude, you would think they would go out of there way to encourage a site like this as it encourages people to BUY. I myself have doubled my collection since being a member of this site, many of those being first hand purchases from EL stores and of course some on the secondary market. Solids I wouldn't have known about or where to purchase if not for this wonderful site.

My complaint is the HUGE mark up we people overseas have to pay for our solids if we were able to buy them retail. The only time we can buy them here is Xmas and there are limited quantities.
Surely from reading a site like this EL execs realise what a huge, dare I say it fan base they have for solids, haven't they heard of keeping the customer happy!!!

If they are so concerned about the genuine collectors buying more than one solid why do they have the warehouse sales, where inferior products end up on ebay??

Dante

#12777 Pets?

Posted by dante on 06 August 2004 - 12:45 AM in General Discussions

Thanks Lisa,
Rex obviously means very much to you, and you to him. He probably understands you nursed him back to health. Who would have thought you could house train an iguana. ohmy.gif
I think I saw one or something very much like it when I was holidaying just out of Darwin many years ago - I couldn't get away quick enough it was huge. ohmy.gif

Dante

#12731 Pets?

Posted by dante on 05 August 2004 - 05:03 AM in General Discussions

Lisa, I am intrigued by your Iguana.
Does he/she just wander around your house? What does it eat? Does it bite! I am sure I could think of a 1000 more questions but this will do blink.gif blink.gif

Dante

#12665 Pets?

Posted by dante on 02 August 2004 - 08:58 PM in General Discussions

I have added Coco's photo to the members gallery.

Dante

#12664 Pets?

Posted by dante on 02 August 2004 - 08:47 PM in General Discussions

My family also had a Cavalier - Benson or Bennydog as he was affectionately known, sadly he passed away last year, but he lived to a grand old age of seventeen.

I myself had a maltese shitzu cross COCO, who passed away unexpectedly recently - a greater loss I have never known sad.gif sad.gif If I can work out how to post a photo I will.

Dante

#12617 2004 Jay Strongwater Solids

Posted by dante on 31 July 2004 - 02:34 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Lisa,

Your pictures are truely beautiful, I was in two minds about getting any of the Strongwaters but your photos have convinced me that I need to add the pampered kitty and the hummingbird to my collection. Now I just have to work out how to pay for them wink.gif

Dante

#12502 Bikini Bird Bath

Posted by dante on 25 July 2004 - 10:33 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Martha, I also concur with Sandra & Jacqueline.
I personally would return the item . As consumers we pay good money for things & I expect them to be in perfect condition, what sort of message does it send if we are willing to accept inferior products, the solids are expensive enough as it is. If there is a defect and it's the only one there,I always ask for a discount, often I get one wink.gif

Dante

#12327 Flank Steak Recipe

Posted by dante on 20 July 2004 - 10:05 PM in General Discussions

Pat

basically the same ingredients as Lisa's. Though I never measure anything, just throw it all together. I use chicken pieces, as many or as little as I need such as legs, or marylands. place them in a china baking dish or bowl, then mix together lemon zest, juice,garlic, honey which I sometimes heat in microwave(easier to pour) & soy sauce or teriaki sauce, I leave out the sugar. Then marinate the chicken for several hours (but not necessary), I then bake it all in a modrate oven for about 45min to 1hr or til cooked. I usually bake it with some quartered lemons and some red onions and sometimes I add grated fresh ginger to marinade.

Tastes good warm but just as good when cold laugh.gif laugh.gif . Good for picnics tongue.gif tongue.gif

#12307 Flank Steak Recipe

Posted by dante on 19 July 2004 - 08:26 PM in General Discussions

I have a similar recipe for chicken, you add honey as well as the other items and use chicken pieces, then bake in a moderate oven till done 45min - 1hr.

Dante

#12306 A Sentimental Solid

Posted by dante on 19 July 2004 - 08:14 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Lisa,

I did see that solid and was/is very tempted. I think it is a good price, but am saving to purchase all the Harrods solids, and am also off to HAWAII in November so need lots of shopping money. laugh.gif laugh.gif

So I need to be strong sad.gif sad.gif

Dante

#12267 Tour De France

Posted by dante on 19 July 2004 - 02:49 AM in General Discussions

I think the Aussies are going to win tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Dante

#12266 The Strongwaters Are In!

Posted by dante on 19 July 2004 - 02:45 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Martha,

does this answer your question as to perhaps why new members don't comment often wink.gif