Mary's Content

There have been 4 items by Mary (Search limited from 17-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28091 Empty Solids Posted As Mint On Ebay

Posted by Mary on 28 April 2013 - 01:00 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

[quote name='Petals' date='20 April 2013 - 10:55 PM' timestamp='1366494531' post='28085']
Hello Mary,

Just a few words to say don't give up too soon! Look for the solids of E.L. and keep looking. You will be really happy when you manage to pick one up which is buried beneath other items of jewellery etc. Then you will have a wonderful find. Personally I do not want to purchase anything that is mass produced and easily found. This is one of the reasons I am happy with my Corday, E.Lauder and some others but will have nothing to do with Avon. Look at it this way. What is the point of having something in your collection that you can pick up for a dime a dozen. Perhaps you will not think that way, but I would prefer to have items of quality rather than quantity!

Am really tired right now, so this is not a good time to be writing on the site! I shall re-read tomorrow and may have to edit. Meanwhile, I hope I have not offended you or anyone else re this post! It has been such a long day and I am falling asleep but I could not resist adding my two pennies worth (even if it will need editing later)....

Hi Sandra. I have your picture framed so I can always see you hovering in the background! x
[/quote

Thanks for the advice, Petals. I won't be giving up anytime soon. I have been picking them up for about 12 years. The interest comes and goes. I had alot more time to browse antique stores and look for goodies until the last kid started travel softball 8 years ago. Now she is about to graduate and go 22 hours away to college. I remember how much fun the search was when I had more time and am looking forward to starting again. She will be in Pennsylvania, so new countryside and new shops for me.

#28084 Empty Solids Posted As Mint On Ebay

Posted by Mary on 20 April 2013 - 01:15 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Since my mind has wandered from the solids, my eyes have landed on all the sparkly shiny powder compacts with crystals that estee lauder also has. My daughter has even said "Don't do it Mom", but I have caught myself checking these out more and more often. I really love the Kathryn Baumann ones but not ready to plunk that kind of money down on a new collection.I have ventured and bought a couple full and in box that I felt the price was reasonable of the All the Buzz and Glitter Bug Collection. They are really cute. There are empties from the usual suspects with the powder compacts too but since I don't have many of these it is fun looking. I do not think my pocket book will like this new interest though. Happy solid hunting to all.
Mary

#28077 Empty Solids Posted As Mint On Ebay

Posted by Mary on 15 April 2013 - 09:27 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I know I am beating a dead horse here and it has probably already been written about, but does it bother anyone else when the empty solids are listed as mint. If a solid comes without a box, or a fake gold box and no perfume, I do not consider this mint. Or how about all of the new reasoning why the solids are empty. I'm sorry if I am ranting, but every once in a while I need to vent with other collectors. No one else I know collects these and does not understand my obsession. Whew, I feel better now. Lol.

Mary

#27967 What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Posted by Mary on 18 October 2012 - 11:58 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

It is nice to know that new collectors are still getting into the Estee Lauder solids.I do not post very often but thought I would add my two cents. I agree that how you collect is definitely a personal choice. I have been collecting for about 14 years now and only prefer full with boxes. I loved the solids for the whole package when I got into it and the empty ones just seem like trinket boxes to me. Again this is just my personal taste in the solids. I also just prefer what I consider pretty ones so most of the vintage ones do not appeal to me. I quit buying from stores a few years ago when Estee Lauder started releasing empties at auction. I'm not in a rush to buy so I occasionally check ebay and if something comes up at a price I can live with I pick it up. This works well for my wallet and still gives me pleasure to add a new one every so often. These are beautiful items and I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do.