sparkle4me's Content

There have been 40 items by sparkle4me (Search limited from 17-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#10625 Vegas Fever!

Posted by sparkle4me on 30 April 2004 - 08:30 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

When is the Vegas convention?
Jeannie

#5910 A Halloween Tale

Posted by sparkle4me on 29 October 2003 - 02:44 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

After spooking Jacky with a blood curdling wicked laugh, Jeannie gave Jacky some of her calming brew so they could find the other witch to create the potion to spook EL execs into getting some common sense!
In the meantime, Jeannie is working on how to make it rain hot now all the time Krispy Kremes over Jacky's house morning, noon, and night! (Devilish, wicked laugh).

#6482 Invasion of Privacy

Posted by sparkle4me on 09 October 2003 - 06:12 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

My CCS told me that they keep track of everything and will not sell me even 2 of anything even if I tell them that one of them is a gift! This has been going on for a while there.
Jeannie

#4414 Seller cheated me, need advice

Posted by sparkle4me on 21 August 2003 - 10:20 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I recently won an auction for an EL Powder Compact. I emailed the seller the day after I won and heard nothing for 3 days. Then I emailed her again and said that I wanted to be able to use PayPal so I could pay her but how could I pay her if she didn't have listed the shipping amt. or respond to my emails. Long story short it was one of the worst transactions I've ever had to deal with. I too wound up overpaying but bc of her mistakes with PayPal and my rushing out the door. I told her about it and she offered me a discount next time I bought from her. Well I thought that was kind of nervey of her since I was upset with the very poor communication so I asked for a refund. She agreed to it and said that it would be sent out. While I was waiting for the difference in price, I got my compact and one of the pearls came loose in shipping. I wasn't going to say anything until about another week went by and then I emailed her again and asked her when the money was sent and that's when I told her about the pearl. I also told her that I have only left one neutral in my eBay history and have never left a negative. Well, she said that her 5 month old daughter had been in and out of the hospital and put all eBay stuff on the backburner. Frankly I thought she was lying to me. She also said that she would send me via Priority Mail the difference plus another $20. Low and behold she really did send it and much to my surprise I left a positive feedback. I feel bad that I thought the worst of her but you never can tell plus she did not have much of a history with eBay.
I think that you should try contacting the seller 2 more times. One asking if they're still breathing and the other one saying that you're fed up and if they don't rectify the matter within the week you will leave negative fdbck, contact PayPal and eBay. If the seller is a square trader, contact them too. If you're buying jewelry on line, watch out for salstreasures. I know someone who bought something from him and wound up being a ring on hsn.com selling for $15 NOT in the hundreds.
Jeannie

#4405 Solids are in !!!!!

Posted by sparkle4me on 17 August 2003 - 07:13 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thanks Mimi! I'll let you know.
I have bad news... James got an email on Friday that said the meeting was moved to Virginia. Oh well. I'll be in TX in December then.
Jeannie

#4403 Solids are in !!!!!

Posted by sparkle4me on 16 August 2003 - 01:33 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

The Mgr. at my CCS won't let me buy any multiples. They keep track of every solid and compact I buy. Anyone else's CCS do this?
Jeannie

#5335 BEYOND PARADISE

Posted by sparkle4me on 11 August 2003 - 11:18 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Maggie,
I may be in town or I may be in Boston but I will try to be in town. [Smile] Oh what fun it would be to meet up with you!! [Big Grin]
I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the Saks Flagship Store! It's not nearly as crowded as Macy*s Flagship Store on 34th and the personnel are so much nicer. Ahhhh a pleasant shopping experience... what a concept! LOL

Jeannie

PS - Manhattan in the fall... nothing like it! Okay then again there's nothing like Manhattan in the winter or fall or spring either!

#4376 Cord on Beyond Paradise

Posted by sparkle4me on 11 August 2003 - 11:12 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I love those shoes!

#4398 Solids are in !!!!!

Posted by sparkle4me on 11 August 2003 - 11:10 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I am going to have to find a NM!!! Hey do you think Saks would have these yet? I'd love to see the rollercoaster!!
-- Jeannie

#7156 I WANT, I WANT the......

Posted by sparkle4me on 10 August 2003 - 08:45 PM in Solids Wanted

KK --
I went to the Riverhead, NY CCS today and I'm pretty sure they have the Victorian Doll House. I don't know if it'll come with the white box though. My sand castle didn't come with one. I think I saw the Rooster there too but I'm not sure. I think they sold out of the Cactus.
If you'd like, I can go to Riverhead this wknd coming up as long as I'm not traveling (I'm pretty sure I'm not). I've got to call CCS tomorrow anyway bc I want to talk to the mgr. She's the one who told me about this site! [Smile]
I think the Victorian Doll House was going for about $200 (US) but there is a chance I could be wrong. I'll find out for sure tomorrow. I'll charge you what they charge me plus shipping and insurance (if you want it sent USPS) or whatever the shipping charge is (if you want it sent FedEx).
Let me know what you want to do and if you're interested. I'll private message you my email address. [Smile] I hope I can help you. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Cool]

-- Jeannie

#5331 BEYOND PARADISE

Posted by sparkle4me on 09 August 2003 - 11:58 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Maggie,
You're coming to NY in October??!!! Yippee! Do you know when? I will be traveling a lot but we still might be able to meet up if you'd like! [Big Grin] What are you going to be doing here? I didn't know you were in England! I hope that you and Jacky and all the other Brits are trying to keep cool. I heard that it's been breaking heat records over there lately.
-- Jeannie

#4561 ebay

Posted by sparkle4me on 09 August 2003 - 01:14 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Smileigh! [Big Grin]
Congratulations on your new addition!! I know how you feel about getting something that you really wanted. I sort of teared up myself when I got my Cinderella's Coach. [Smile] If something brings you happiness and it's legal and doesn't interfere with paying the electric bill, then I say, "Go for it!" [Cool]
-- Jeannie

#4554 ebay

Posted by sparkle4me on 08 August 2003 - 07:48 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I almost forgot something! With eBay.. have to be careful with schills! GRRRRR!!! They make my blood boil! [Mad] So, just take a looksy at how many bids and who's been bidding and such so you don't get taken by a louse. I messed up and forgot to and got taken for a ride (not perfume or powder related) but not too bad of one.

The one time I forgot!
To quote the great Homer J. Simpson, "D'oh!"
-- Jeannie

#4553 ebay

Posted by sparkle4me on 08 August 2003 - 07:45 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Smileigh! [Smile]
I'm rather new to collecting solids (and EL compacts too) also! [Big Grin] I think what your husband did was very, very sweet! Look, when something is retired, the only bad time to overpay is when it comes to whether or not to pay the electric or get the item. Since you seem to really love your giraffe, then you know what? A few extra dollars isn't a problem. Don't be embarassed sweetie! [Big Grin] Only be happy and enjoy your new perfume. [Smile]
-- Jeannie [Big Grin]

#4323 Conte out Lieber in

Posted by sparkle4me on 07 August 2003 - 11:02 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I LOVE Judith Leiber!!! I just wish her handbags weren't so expensive. [Cry]
Oh well! Guess I'll have to wait and see what happens! [Smile]
Jeannie [Wink]

#7109 Giraffe wanted......

Posted by sparkle4me on 02 August 2003 - 09:26 PM in Solids Wanted

Hi Uma! [Big Grin]
I'm so happy you were able to get one from Kim!
You're welcome! [Big Grin]
Jeannie

#7107 Giraffe wanted......

Posted by sparkle4me on 01 August 2003 - 11:00 AM in Solids Wanted

http://cgi.aol.ebay....&category=11852 is where you can find the giraffe solid on eBay! [Big Grin] I hope this helps!
Jeannie [Big Grin]

#5858 2003 Powder Compacts

Posted by sparkle4me on 28 July 2003 - 10:40 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I just bought the pink one this weekend at CC. It's not a pale pink. It's more of a magenta. I think it's called Rock Star or something like that. I'll try to post the name of it tomorrow.
Jeannie

#7103 Imperial Princess/Dog

Posted by sparkle4me on 28 July 2003 - 10:37 PM in Solids Wanted

Well both the Imperial Princess and Foo Dog went for MUCH more than I was willing to pay for at this time. Hospital bills are still coming in and of course we have to pay them and then submit to the insurance co. and be reimbursed for some of it but getting those checks back takes time. Oh well. I guess I'll keep checking eBay.
Thanks folks for letting me know when Foo and the IP were on eBay. I appreciate it. [Smile]
Jeannie

#7102 Imperial Princess/Dog

Posted by sparkle4me on 23 July 2003 - 11:06 AM in Solids Wanted

Thanks KK!
The price is already up there so I'll have to wait for James to come home. I also saw there's a Foo Dog up too. How ever do I choose??? Maybe I'll go for the Princess. Maybe I'll go for Foo. Eeny meenie miny moe? Heads? Tails?
I WANT MY HUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBY!!! LOL
Seriously though, thank you for the head's up! [Smile]
Jeannie [Smile]

#3883 EL Presentation at Neiman Marcus

Posted by sparkle4me on 15 July 2003 - 03:53 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

The Imperial Princess????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---> Passes out.
OMG! I want that one so incredibly bad! Was it for sale? Do you know who I can get in touch with to buy it if it was? Did they sell it?
---> Passes out.
It must have been so beautiful!
Jeannie

#7631 Town and Country

Posted by sparkle4me on 14 July 2003 - 10:33 PM in General Discussions

Town and Country has an article on Mr. Lauder this month if anyone is interested. I didn't read it yet. I've been kind of tired today... did a lot of running around. Anywho, thought ya might be interested! [Smile]
Jeannie

#3876 Ebay's new page layout

Posted by sparkle4me on 14 July 2003 - 10:28 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I do not like eBay's new layout. Please forgive any typos... I put my nails back on last night. [Smile]
Jeannie

#7100 Imperial Princess/Dog

Posted by sparkle4me on 13 July 2003 - 12:45 PM in Solids Wanted

Oh man! I should have realized that it could be under something other than Estee Lauder. I will have to check descriptions too. Thanks for the heads up Lisa! [Smile] I will keep my eyes open! [Big Grin]
Jeannie

#7098 Imperial Princess/Dog

Posted by sparkle4me on 12 July 2003 - 10:38 PM in Solids Wanted

Hi! [Smile] I am looking for the Imperial Princess and Foo Dog. I'd like 2 Foo Dogs. I have 2 Japanese Chin, which true are not Foo Dogs, but they used to be only for the Emperor of Japan or something like that. Yadda yadda yadda, I'd like one princess and 2 dogs (me and my 2 furry babies). If these are expensive ($800+ each), I would like to discuss a layaway plan or something bc I want these BIG time. If you know where I might find one (these don't have to be mint condition w/ perfume and boxes and stuff but I'd prefer them not to have been broken and then crazy glued together.) please let me know. [Smile]
Thank you!
Jeannie