Angelina's Content

There have been 17 items by Angelina (Search limited from 20-November 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#9034 Mermaid Solid

Posted by Angelina on 08 February 2004 - 11:54 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Barb,

I have the Mermaid solid and have to say that it is one of my favorites........it actually goes well with my Shimmering Oasis solid (Palm Tree) which is beautiful also! I wish you luck with your ongoing search for the Mermaid and do hope that you are able to get it from the seller on Ebay. I know exactly how you feel regarding the SolidPerfumeSingapore bidder who outbids you in the remaining few seconds of the auction. If I had a nickel for everytime she/he has outbid me in the last split second, I would be a rich woman by now! I have a feeling that this person is buying under one ebay id and selling under another one because he/she has bought duplicates of many solids. Even when the auction says "will send to US only," she/he still bids and apparently has an address over here. That is what I found out when I was outbid for an auction that stated "US only" and the seller told me that the Singapore bidder had provided a US address, so there is no winning with this Singapore bidder out there. I have been so disgusted at times being continually outbid by this person, that I have almost given up Ebay. If this person was a collector and just acquiring pieces for his/her collection then I wouldn't mind, but when he/she keeps bidding and winning on the same solids over and over again.......then I tend to feel like this person is taking away from the collectors like you and I. This is just my opinion and I just had to say my piece about it because apparently I am not the only one that is frustrated with this Singapore bidder.

Well good luck with getting your Mermaid. When you see it in person you won't believe how beautiful it really is.

Take care,
Angelina

#8376 All's well that ends well

Posted by Angelina on 14 January 2004 - 10:52 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Mine was a Crystal Hat!

Angelina

#6714 New Perfumes. Yaaaay

Posted by Angelina on 08 January 2004 - 07:05 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi all!

I just spoke to lovely Donna at Bergdorf's and she still has some Lighthouse Solids($250) and some of the Mississippi Steamboat Solids ($325.00) available, but the quantities are very limited. I think she said that she was down to only three Lighthouses. I'm glad that I got mine!

If anyone is still looking for either one, Donna's number is 1-800-558-1855. She also has a new email address: DMSolids@optonline.net

I am looking forward to receiving these great solids and Donna always takes good care of me. She's a real sweetie!

Angelina

#6709 New Photo - Bustier Display

Posted by Angelina on 08 January 2004 - 01:30 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Ann and Ken,

I don't know how you guys do it, but you always make the solids look so great and seem to always pair them with the solids that compliment each other the most. You are true artists!

Keep the creative juices flowing and thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Happy New Year!
Angelina

#6730 All's well that ends well

Posted by Angelina on 08 January 2004 - 01:18 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi all!

I too was a victim of the same seller as Barb and Woody. I didn't realize until now that Woody was also taken by this same seller until I read his post. I had actually contacted Barb through Ebay after having problems with the seller and we exchanged any helpful information we had. I too was told that I would get the $175.00 back onto my Paypal account, but that was time ago and wonder if they will actually credit me for that. Although the reimbursement amount is only about half of what I actually lost, it still gives one a sense of closure to the matter. It really won't do any good to name the seller's ebay id because he has been removed from Ebay, but I still wonder if he has come back under another name.....it can be very scary and it has put a damper on my collecting. I don't bid with sellers with a very low feedback rating anymore because of this. It is a shame that a few crooked sellers ruin it for everyone.

I'm glad that Woody and Barb got their reimbursements also. And Sandra....yours was just a miracle that the seller gave you a refund....maybe he or she had a conscience after all.

Good luck to everyone in the new year!!
Angelina

#6575 solids at Vegas

Posted by Angelina on 01 January 2004 - 01:52 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Moontide!

Thanks for letting us know what is available at the Vegas store. Unfortunately, they sold out of the Bustier solid very quickly. I am hoping that one of the Estee Lauder stores will get in some more. My Rep. at Saks said she got a fax about the Bustier, so hopefully they will get some in. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

Thanks again and by the way the Roulette Wheel Powder Compact is lovely!!

#6613 Just when you thought it was safe.........

Posted by Angelina on 01 January 2004 - 01:42 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Happy New Year's to everyone!!

Thanks Lisa for letting us know about the Riverboat and Lighthouse available at Neiman's. I asked my Neiman's Rep. the other day, and she didn't have a clue about them. I guess she doesn't keep up with the latest news.

Donna at Bergdorf's had told me that she thought they would be getting them in around January 15th. I didn't expect Neiman's to get them in so soon. I don't even have time to recover from my Christmas shopping!!

Well thanks again for the heads up!!!
Angelina

#7174 Seeking BALLOONS!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Angelina on 03 October 2003 - 10:46 PM in Solids Wanted

Thanks loveperfume and lmsw1 for all of your help. I wish you good luck in finding the solids on your wishlists also. Please let me know if I can be of any help to either of you!!!!!!!
Thanks again and take care,
Angelina

#5172 A Itty Bitty Tip

Posted by Angelina on 27 September 2003 - 01:02 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Ann & Ken,

How very clever of you!! I love this idea and will have to make some of these for my compacts. This is also a great excuse to order some pizzas....YUM!!!!!

You both possess an "endless" amount of creativity!! I always look forward to seeing your wonderful creations! Thanks for sharing them with everyone!

Take care,
Angelina

#5453 New Photo - Taj Mahal

Posted by Angelina on 25 September 2003 - 09:04 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Ann & Ken,

You guys always know how to bring out the true beauty of a Lauder piece! The Taj Mahal is just gorgeous in that setting.

Thanks again for two totally "fabulous" pictures!!!!!

Take care,
Angelina

#5042 Strongwater solids

Posted by Angelina on 17 September 2003 - 05:25 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Lisa!

Loved your great pictures. Both of these solids look wonderful. I had planned to take advantage of the sale you spoke of, but the sales representative at my local SAKS said that the event was only being held between 7-10pm there. I could have gone if it had been early in the day, but not this evening. Sounds like your Saks let you buy the giftcard early today....lucky you!! Well enjoy yours and thanks again for the sales information. I will be taking advantage of the sale you spoke of at Bergdorf's. Donna is very nice.

Thanks,
Angelina

#4991 Exclusives

Posted by Angelina on 12 September 2003 - 11:16 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thanks Lisa!
I too wanted to find out who offered the various solids, so I am glad that Betty asked because I didn't know you could find this out by using your Database. I have used this feature numerous times since you gave us the hint and it works great!

Thanks again and keep up the wonderful job of making this website so fascinating and enjoyable!!
Angelina

#5544 20% off day at SAKS Bal Harbour

Posted by Angelina on 02 September 2003 - 10:32 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thanks Brigitte, Ron, & Ann for the helpful information. I guess sometimes a sale is not always what it seems, but I will try to contact the lady that Brigitte spoke of. If you are able to pre-order than maybe that would work out. But I have found that in Florida if you see something you like you should go ahead and buy it because if you wait even a week, then it is usually gone. We get a lot of visitors from all over the world and the Lauder Solids are very popular and sell out quickly.

Also Brigitte, thank you for the offer to come and meet you in Switzerland someday. That would be very nice. And I too extend the same invitation to you if you are ever in Florida!

Take care and thanks again,
Angelina

#5540 20% off day at SAKS Bal Harbour

Posted by Angelina on 02 September 2003 - 05:52 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Brigitte,

Thanks for the good information. I assume you are referring to the Bal Harbour Saks in Florida. Will they be taking 20% off the Lauder Solids? That would be wonderful. Well any information that you can give would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, my brother and his family lives in Switzerland near Bern. It is a beautiful country!

Nice talking with you,
Angelina

#7169 Seeking BALLOONS!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Angelina on 31 August 2003 - 01:42 PM in Solids Wanted

Hello!

I am currently trying to acquire for my collection a RED Hot Air Balloon Solid and a PINK Hot Air Balloon Solid. They do not have to be in boxes, but I would like for them to be in Mint Condition.

If anyone can possibly help me find these or has any to sell, then I would MOST APPRECIATIVE!!

THANKS!!
Angelina

#4729 Poodles Night Out

Posted by Angelina on 31 August 2003 - 01:28 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Ann & Ken,

I always enjoy your wonderful pictures, and I especially liked this one because I collect solids, but I also collect Barbies. I would have never thought to put the two together in a display......what a great idea!! You both are incredibly talented and I am sure everyone really appreciates the time and effort that you put into your beautiful photo creations- I know I do! Well I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Keep having FUN!
Angelina

#3871 Ebay's new page layout

Posted by Angelina on 13 July 2003 - 11:08 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hello!
I am new to Solidperfume.com, but I have been using Ebay for years. I agree with everyone and don't like the new layout either. I was so comfortable with the older layout and was able to find the needed info quickly.
It always seems that when they have a good thing that they have to go and change it.
Well thanks for listening, Angelina