cxconway's Content

There have been 2 items by cxconway (Search limited from 24-October 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#24867 The Future Of Solidperfume.com

Posted by cxconway on 31 July 2009 - 06:37 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

i would certainly make the donation- the site is a wonderfl resource- regards cxconway

#24866 The Future Of Solidperfume.com

Posted by cxconway on 31 July 2009 - 06:36 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Jack @ Jul 30 2009, 09:03 PM)
Ok, we have decided on our plan...thanks to all for the ideas and encouragement. I know some of you had asked about how much it would cost to take the site over and we never gave you information. I apologize for not getting back to you. We did not want this to become a bidding war or even a money-making venture. That was never the purpose. That said, here's the plan:

The Good News:
We will not be selling the domain name.
We will not be closing the site.
We will not be charging any membership fee, this will remain a free site.
We will be making some upgrades to the site and will get things back up to date.
We will probably be installing a newer version of the message board.

The Bad News:
We will be moving the site to a different server, so there may be a few days of downtime down the road. We will make an announcement before that happens so it won't be a surprise.

We will try adding some ads in an attempt to cover the cost of hosting the site. These will probably be just Google text ads, hopefully unobtrusive. If those do not generate enough to cover costs, we may try small banner ads or something. We'll play it by ear.

We will be calling on all of you for more help! Photos, information, content ... we'll try to make this more of a community driven site. Have ideas or critiques? Let me know!

We will add a small voluntary donation button somewhere in case people would like to help with costs. Again, this is voluntary ONLY! We aren't looking to turn a profit.

That's about it. We'll basically see if we can make the site break even. If not, then we'll try plan B. I don't have a plan B yet, but hopefully we won't need it!

Thanks again everyone!  biggrin.gif

-Jack & Lisa

View Post