sallyfromont's Content

There have been 4 items by sallyfromont (Search limited from 15-December 16)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#22535 U.k. Chapter Ipba Convention 2006

Posted by sallyfromont on 03 October 2006 - 04:19 AM in General Discussions

Thanks so much for sharing this Jacqueline. I am hoping to make it next year as I will know the date way in advance!

Sally

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Oct 2 2006, 07:39 AM)
Hello Woody, I was about to post and thank you for asking!

I was so very tired last night that I just could not bring myself to write!

What I must say, is that although it was poorly attended this
year, it was really very, very interesting and I enjoyed every minute.

Personally speaking, I thought the content was much, much better than last year
and extremely informative.

Gerda Marshall, IPBA International Vice President, gave a talk and showed
pictures of Figural Bottles and Novelty Presentations which I believe belong to
Pauline Fitsimmons and Marilyn Schromeier.    She also spoke of her involvement in Europe.    Gerda is a delightful character and it was a pleasure to meet her.  Her enthusiasm knows no bounds.  Thank you Gerda!

Janine Roxborough-Bunce, the Guest Speaker, provided a fantastic insight into the Fragrance Foundation UK.    She is the Executive Director of this influential
organisation and as such, there was a two way dialogue between all of us who
had questions to ask and I must say that if she could be asked again to another Convention, she was very knowledgeable and interesting!    You could not go wrong having her as a speaker!

We were all updated by Terry on the latest developments with IPBA and discussed how we could continue in the U.K. using a better structure to increase membership.
Phyllis Dohanian, once again made the journey across the Atlantic to join us.
I cannot imagine a Convention without her.    Thank you Phyllis.    You add so much and contribute so much!

The food was excellent, as was the company!    I also discovered a very easy and quick way from the venue at Heathrow to London!    A train from the Station at Hayes, ten minutes walking or 5 minutes by bus from the hotel,  brings you to Padding Station in 20 minutes!    Paddington is not far from Knightsbridge and the centre of town i.e. Oxford Street, Marble Arch etc.    So, from the hotel to central London, the journey is less than an hour....
I wish I had known that previously, but better late than never.

The dealers were fewer this year but the perfumery on sale was all of the highest quality!    Alot to see and too much that one was being tempted to purchase.  Lucy Rice set up a table consisting of quite a few E.Lauder solid perfumes and many other items.      Many of you, who love perfume bottles, would have been very tempted at this Convention!
For all those present who helped to arrange the Convention, a huge ''thank you''.
For all those who could not attend, we hope to see you  NEXT YEAR....

WE MISSED SEEING MARGARET, CHARLOTTE, WOODY, SOPHIE AND LENORE....

NEXT YEAR PLEASE MAKE A NOTE IN YOUR DIARY......DATE TO BE ADVISED!

To all of you who read this, thanks for your interest..and to the UK Collectors, I think it is about time you made your presence felt by joining the U.K. Chapter of the IPBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST, A BIG BIG THANK YOU TO TERRY AND PENNY FOR MAKING THIS A FUN AND INTERESTING EVENT.....AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE OTHER NAMES I HAVE NOT MENTIONED!

View Post

#22517 Tutu Circa 1997

Posted by sallyfromont on 30 September 2006 - 06:44 AM in Solids Wanted

Hello Margaret

Nice to know you are there too!

Sally

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Sep 29 2006, 03:45 PM)

Hello Sally..... smile.gif

Nice to have another Brit on the site. I live in Derbyshire, and at one time I thought I was the only person in the world who collected solid perfumes ( SILLY ME ) ...... Then I found this site.... laugh.gif  WHAT A REVELATION

Margaret

View Post

#22496 Tutu Circa 1997

Posted by sallyfromont on 26 September 2006 - 07:14 PM in Solids Wanted

Hi Jaqueline

It is nice to know there is another collector in the UK. I don't share this hobby with anyone I know - so I thought I was the only one to like these little "dust collectors" as my friends like to call them.

I posted an email generally and another to Lisa specifically, who seems to list a tutu for sale - but I am actually only looking for one. Are you looking for the other or because I posted twice did you assume I wanted two?

Sally

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Sep 26 2006, 04:18 PM)
Hello Sally!    I am in the U.K. too.    Nice to know you are here!

If I come across Two Tutus, I will let you know!!!!!

smile.gif

View Post

#22491 Tutu Circa 1997

Posted by sallyfromont on 26 September 2006 - 10:58 AM in Solids Wanted

Hello

I am in England and this is my first post so I apologise if I am not following protocol.

I have been collecting EL solids since 1993 and now have 47. At the moment I do not have any that I want to sell.

However, I would like to buy the pink tutu that was available at the same time as the pink ballerina slippers, which I think was about 1997.

Does anyone have one that they would like to sell, or know someone who does?

Thank You

Sally Fromont