blackvelvette's Content

There have been 38 items by blackvelvette (Search limited from 15-November 17)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#17480 Greetings!

Posted by blackvelvette on 01 June 2005 - 10:17 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I am a forum newbie who is quite computer illiterate blink.gif but would like to say a BIG HELLO to all members wink.gif

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Pamela

#17520 Greetings!

Posted by blackvelvette on 02 June 2005 - 12:52 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thank you everyone for taking the time to send warm messages of welcome. I wish I had done this earlier! rolleyes.gif

Like you Gigi, I too was a lurker and am so glad to come out and join the lovely members here.

Jacqueline, I am from SUNNY SINGAPORE cool.gif I wish that we had these Conventions like the ones you have in U.K. and the U.S. because then collecting becomes an active passion!

Lisa, I received the King Charles Spaniel Solid as a gift 2 years ago.It stayed in the cupboard all this time until I spied the Classical Clown on eBay and fell hopelessly in love and when I saw the Carousel it has been a wild ride on the Merry-Go- Round tongue.gif

I only have 12 solids (for now!) but admittedly the Carousel is my favourite...the details are amazing to say the least.

My wish is to meet the JESTER and take a ride on the MAGIC DRAGON but I think that will take time.

Don and Margaret I hope Max is well. I have 2 dogs myself and they are like my family members. I sometimes feel that they are human. blink.gif

Well I think that is enough chatter from me for now.I am certain I will get better at this as time goes on.

To Lisa and Jack, this site is # 1 and I am so glad I surfed in. wub.gif

Pamela
(Message as edited by my daughter laugh.gif )

#17583 The Countdown Begins...

Posted by blackvelvette on 04 June 2005 - 09:45 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

To everyone going for the Convention.here's wishing you a jolly good time!! I shall be there with you in spirit.

Now if I ONLY had the Magic Dragon I would have been able to get there and join you!!!!!! laugh.gif

Have fun!!

Pamela.

#17696 Anyone Else Wanna Be In Vegas Tonight?

Posted by blackvelvette on 11 June 2005 - 01:36 AM in General Discussions

WOAH! Caroline,

You are making me wish that I was there ohmy.gif All that sounds so fabulicious!!!!!!!!!

Like everyone here I too am looking forward to hearing all the news! tongue.gif

Pamela.

#17714 Las Vegas Convention

Posted by blackvelvette on 12 June 2005 - 11:07 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thanks for the photos Lisa. It was really nice of you to take the time to send some of them over to the site~ smile.gif I enjoyed them for sure and even tried to identify the solids you had in front of you~ tongue.gif

At the same time it was sad to hear that sales were slow. Hope you had a great time with the members though and everyone enjoyed all the other attractions Las Vegas has to offer!

On thr brighter side,there is always NEXT Year ! biggrin.gif

Pamela

#18325 Pruning Members

Posted by blackvelvette on 22 July 2005 - 12:59 AM in Help Desk

OoooH!

I am basically quiet by nature but on my next visit to the supermarket, I shall buy me a box of bird seeds so that I can S_I_N_G and then Lisa will just have to tell me to be QUIET! laugh.gif

P.S. I just wub.gif wub.gif this site and reading the posts just makes my day smile.gif

Hi Sara,

WELCOME TO THE SITE!!!! YOU WILL LEARN A LOT FROM THE MEMBERS HERE ... THEY ARE A GREAT BUNCH!!

Pamela.

#18326 Has The World Gone Mad?

Posted by blackvelvette on 22 July 2005 - 01:32 AM in General Discussions

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!! Don't these people even Care that innocent lives are at stake here? mad.gif

Take care and stay safe!

Pamela.

#18395 The Best And Worst

Posted by blackvelvette on 24 July 2005 - 05:00 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Lisa you think of the most interesting topics! biggrin.gif

My most favorite solid: Carousel wub.gif
Least favorite: Le Bustier
I am from: Sunny Singapore
Number of solids in my collection: 35 blink.gif
Collector for: 6 months

~* Pamela *~

#18396 Your Last New Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 24 July 2005 - 05:06 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

It finally arrived in the post yesterday!!! My little JESTER!!!! wub.gif

Lisa, just love your snow pear!!

#18629 My Little Ella

Posted by blackvelvette on 02 August 2005 - 01:47 AM in General Discussions

Lori,

Ella is an absolutely beautiful girl!!! She is just "screaming" for HUUUUGS and KISSES, wub.gif

Pamela.

#18675 Empty Solids On Ebay

Posted by blackvelvette on 03 August 2005 - 10:36 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

My collection really covers the Circus and Mystical Themes. smile.gif I am therefore very keen on

purchasing the Lucky Dragon. But I am wondering if perhaps I too should wait to get it at a lower price

because there is nothing more disheartening than seeing all that

money going down fast and furious because I was impatient. ohmy.gif

On the other hand... I see it everytime I log on to this website and my resolve just weakens rolleyes.gif

#18799 Empty Solids On Ebay

Posted by blackvelvette on 06 August 2005 - 02:23 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Just wanted to let all members know that I am NOT an EL employee nor a family

member of one. smile.gif

I have heard though that there are EL Sales here too but have not been to one.

Pamela

#18827 Old & New Together

Posted by blackvelvette on 07 August 2005 - 04:26 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Ann and Ken,

JUST LOVE THE COMBINATIONS! wub.gif

Pamela

#18983 Life In Florida

Posted by blackvelvette on 14 August 2005 - 01:11 PM in General Discussions

Yes! Me too Ar! biggrin.gif

Good wishes all the way from Sunny Singapore cool.gif

Pamela

#19018 I Have A Question?

Posted by blackvelvette on 16 August 2005 - 09:52 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

laugh.gif

I am THINKING of an appropriate answer Lisa .... dry.gif

You had me in stitches there!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pamela

#19073 Happy Birthday Jacky

Posted by blackvelvette on 18 August 2005 - 01:36 AM in General Discussions

Hi Jacky,

My good wishes go out to you too
biggrin.gif

Pamela

#19199 What If.....?

Posted by blackvelvette on 23 August 2005 - 01:52 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I, too, hope everyone gets their dreams fulfilled!! biggrin.gif

Pamela

#19202 Difference Between 1999 + 2000 Carousel

Posted by blackvelvette on 23 August 2005 - 02:35 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Lisa @ Aug 22 2005, 03:51 PM)
I don't have either one but I think the saddle on the white horse is "extended" on the 2000 version.

I also know one had a round box (1999) and the other a square box.

*please correct me if I am wrong cuz not sure blink.gif

View Post

Hi! Here is a close-up of my Carousel. It came in a round box, and as per Roselyn Gerson's book, it is the 1999 version.

user posted image

I think the Carousel in the database might be the 2000 version, rather than 1999 as is labelled? unsure.gif

~ Pamela ~

#19205 Difference Between 1999 + 2000 Carousel

Posted by blackvelvette on 23 August 2005 - 06:09 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Maddalena,

I wish I could help you by telling you how to upload the photo onto the site but the truth is I AM HORRIBLE at stuff like this! sad.gif
In fact my daughter helped me with that post wub.gif

She has gone out now but I could ask her how she did it when she gets back. It will be no trouble at all ! wink.gif

Could the lovely ladies here help Maddalena?

~Pamela~

#19607 I Am A Grandmother !

Posted by blackvelvette on 18 September 2005 - 06:47 AM in General Discussions

Congratulations Pamela ! biggrin.gif

Just like Catherine, I have to wait for my daughter to get married before I can

enjoy the happiness you have experienced although I still remember the time I

became a "MOMMY"~~ like it was just yesterday. smile.gif

~Pamela, too ~

#19815 Concern For Collectors/members

Posted by blackvelvette on 05 October 2005 - 03:42 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Hi Everyone:

Singapore checking in! : tongue.gif

Have been having quite a busy month because I had my cousins here from Perth for a week and that kept us on our toes .

Unfortunately my sister suffered a stroke in the middle of all that and she has been in hospital . sad.gif
She has recovered quite a bit but there is still a long ways to go. dry.gif

Other than that, things are fine smile.gif

Thank you for thinking of the "MIA" members. It is concern like this that makes this site unbeatable and the members a great bunch! wub.gif

Pamela~

#19816 *new 2006 Jay Strongwater Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 05 October 2005 - 04:16 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

A Lovely solid! wub.gif

You are right Karin, it will be a great companion for the Boudoir Butterfly

Pamela ~

#19858 Concern For Collectors/members

Posted by blackvelvette on 06 October 2005 - 12:31 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

Thank you for your kind words, prayers and good wishes.

I am deeply touched and truly appreciative. Yes, Elly, it is a great feeling feeling knowing there are friends thinking of you on S.P. smile.gif

Will make it a point to "check-in" often now.

A BIG hug to everyone!!

Pamela ~

#19887 Here Is Our Exclusive Tx Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 07 October 2005 - 07:51 AM in General Lauder Solids Talk

I received the Estee Lauder brochure today and in it was the Bejewelled Bottle as

well. The launch date for the new solids in Singapore is 14th and 15th October.

Pamela ~

#19892 Here Is Our Exclusive Tx Solid

Posted by blackvelvette on 07 October 2005 - 12:53 PM in General Lauder Solids Talk

QUOTE(Printerslady @ Oct 7 2005, 08:22 AM)
Pamela,

Did your brochure feature a yellow dragon as well? I think we'd all be interested to know if this is a mistake in the brochures or if there really is a different international version of the dragon.

Catherine

View Post

Hi Catherine,

No, our brochure features the red dragon. I must say the gold one is beautiful though!! wub.gif *drools*

Here is a picture. smile.gif

user posted image

~ Pamela ~