36 replies to this topic

#1 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:04 AM

Hello everyone.

We are putting together a letter of questions to be presented at convention and would like to hear from everyone if they have any questions we can include.

Some of the questions we have down already are about the changing color on the enamel pieces, the warehouse sales, and the latest unfinshed solids being sold.

And if you have any photos of examples of your solids that you have questions about we would include them in the letter.
(Lisa, can we use your photo of the slot machine???)

Thanks everyone.

Ken & Ann

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:28 AM

Ann & Ken,

Great idea! You may use the photos of the slot machine, of course. Let me know if you need better ones or better yet if I am able to go I can bring it along.

Here is another question: Are the designers looking at past solids? Kind of strange about two dragonflys last year and some of the same animals this year.

How about something special for collectors like a contest to help with one of the designs of the solids?

Or why there isn't more involvment with collectors, can we have some sort of spoksperson to answer our questions?

I'll have to think of more today...

#3 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:38 AM

Thanks Lisa,

We thought maybe a letter of questions and photos to be presented instead of shouting questions from the bleachers might work better. That way everyone of our concerns will be in writing and maybe after reading EL will get back to us.
Also have a name and number for them to respond to.

I plan on saying something to the effect that these questions come from concerned collectors that make up the bulk of the sale of solids. I can also included the name of this site if you think it would be OK.

Any suggestion would be welcome.
Collectors need to bond together to have a greater voice.

Thanks,
Ann

#4 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:46 AM

a.

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:25 AM

Ann & Ken,

Feel free to use or say anything. I agree with you, we do need to band together as collectors and if it will help bulid a better relationship with the EL companies I am all for it! I think it is really what we are all looking for. wink.gif

I think the photos are a terrific idea, hardcore examples like the changing of colors to discarded solids being sold on ebay. Let me know how I can help.

#6 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 12:18 PM

Thanks,

I have been saving photos of the unfinished solids but not sure I can use them(legal) so I may have to buy an example. biggrin.gif

Ann

#7 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:14 PM

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=purple][I]I WONDER IF EVERYONE REALIZES THAT THIS IS NOT AN ESTEE LAUDER CONVENTION????? THIS IS A COMPACT COLLECTOR'S CONVENTION WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR COLLECTOR'S OF [SIZE=7]POWDER COMPACTS!!!![SIZE=7]

I ALSO THINK THAT IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO ASK THE ESTEE COMPANY (WE KNOW THEY'LL BE THERE BIG TIME) A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PLASTIC TURNING COLOUR ETC. THEN PERHAPS WE SHOULDN'T SEEM SO EAGER TO PURCHASE THE NEW ONES COMING OUT BY JUDITH LEIBER??

IT SEEMS THAT ON ONE HAND WE ARE COMPLAINING (RIGHTFULLY SO) AND ON THE OTHER, COLLECTOR'S SAY THEY WILL BE BUYING THE NEW ONES AT ANY PRICE!!! (SO FAR THE PRICES HAVE NOT BEEN SET, BUT IF EVERYONE SAYS THEY'LL BUY THEM ANYWAY, THEN YOU CAN BE SURE THE PRICES WILL BE HIGH)

I AM SORRY IF I AM OFFENDING ANYONE ONE, BUT I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THE COMPACT CONVENTION FOR 12 YEARS, AND SADLY IT SEEMS BIASED TOWARDS THE ESTEE LAUDER COMPANY NOW.

ROSELYN AND AL DO A WONDERFUL JOB IN ORGANIZING THIS CONVENTION FOR EVERYONE'S ENJOYMENT. I WISH MORE PEOPLE WOULD ATTEND, OR AT LEAST SUBSCRIBE TO THE "POWDER PUFF" NEWSLETTER.

THANKS FOR LETTING ME "VENT"! BRENDA FROM CANADA

#8 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE(pancho @ Apr 26 2004, 05:27 PM)
I WONDER IF EVERYONE REALIZES THAT THIS IS NOT AN ESTEE LAUDER CONVENTION????? THIS IS A COMPACT COLLECTOR'S CONVENTION WHICH WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR COLLECTOR'S OF POWDER COMPACTS!!!!

Brenda,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post but what I am getting from you is that you wish more people would attend the conventions and sign up for Roselyn's newsletter but only if they are powder collectors??? sad.gif

#9 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:51 PM

I am with Lisa--- Are you saying the LV convention is for powder compacts only????

And I don't recall saying this convention was an EL convention , it is just that this is what this board is about and I was wanting imput to ask EL since they will be there.There are always questions here and thought I would pass them on.

If there are no questions then my job is done. biggrin.gif

My understanding is that Roselyn's convention use to be powder compacts but like the IBPA that was for bottles it evolved into having the solid perfume compacts also.

And why would Roselyn do a book on solid perfume and not have them included in her convention????

We have only been going for 3 years but there were plenty of solid perfumes there and I think I remember some on your sale table. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

And the reason for a letter was so that the EL rep. could read it in private and not be shouted at and maybe some of our questions would be addressed. Maybe not but it is worth a try .

Ann

#10 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:11 PM

Hi Ann,
Excellent idea! biggrin.gif To have a list of ??? for the EL reps. It seems to be a great solution. Now, there is no way out for them. All our ??? are presented in a nice neat package. wink.gif
I'm curious as to where the unfinished and "mangled" (the roulette wheel) solids come from and if that is now the standard. A quick trip to the furnace for these "dumpster beauties" that turn a profit on ebay would solve a lot of angst.
That's all I can think of now.
Bye, KK biggrin.gif

#11 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:16 AM

I AM JUST TRYING SUPPORT FOR ROSELYN'S NEWSLETTER "THE POWDER PUFF" . SHE ALWAYS GIVES THE "HEADS UP" FOR THE NEW COMPACTS AND SOLIDS THAT ARE COMING OUT. IT IS NICE TO HAVE BOUGHT THE BOOK, BUT TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER GIVES CURRENT UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION.

CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE AT THE CONVENTION!!!!

#12 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 08:51 PM

Yes Ann and Ken good idea!

My question is WHY do the solids in the U.K. cost so much more than those in the States!

Why do we not have the same quality of GWP's as those which you receive and also the points systems etc. with E.L products. We do receive special promotion gift items sometimes, but they no way meet your standards.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a Collectors' Club endorsed by E.L. whereby they bring out something only available for the Collectors.

Why the antithapy towards the Collectors?

No doubt will think of more questions..........will add as and when!

Thanks!

cool.gif

#13 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:27 PM

Ann

Your idea of questions in writing is genius. To give them the opportunity to consider the answers in a calm manner without being shouted at from the floor is sooo good. Answers instead of evasions or don't knows just may come about. If not now maybe sometime later.

While I haven't a specific question it would be good if the Estee organization could know how much we appreciate our solids and to know the acute pain it causes us to see the distorted, damaged or unfinished items for sale by persons who don't know or care a fig about them, only about making a buck. If they would understand it is not a monetary concern, just our love of the beauty of the objects we buy and collect maybe they would become more cooperative and appreciative of collectors. Too much to hope for?

Phyllis

#14 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:53 AM

Ann, the question I would have for EL is would they consider bringing back some of their timeless perfumes such as Knowing, Private Collection, Estee, etc. to put in some of their solids. I really like all of their fragrances and would like to see something other than Beautiful and Pleasures. Thanks.

#15 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 11:45 AM

Pat, I like your idea a lot about bringing back some of the older fragrances.

Ann & Lisa, perhaps you could submit Lisa's drawing of her "Lipstick" solid. I really thought this was well thought out and would make a wonderful solid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users