• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:16 AM

Sandra, actually my Grandpa went into "overdrive" with other things (he left my Grandma for another women) and he ended up with his Farm and Red Barn which is still there in New Jersey, and even though the Farm is still there, there aren't any more Animals blink.gif blink.gif

#62 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:02 PM

Oh-oh!! sad.gif Naughty Grandpa!!

What did he do with all the animals??!! blink.gif

#63 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

Probably locked them up in the Barn, Sandra!

smile.gif

#64 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:12 PM

Ha, the animals weren't locked up, my Grandpa raised Chickens which was great because my family would go visit Gramps and we would bring home so many Eggs!

Then one day the Chickens caught some kind of virus and they all died. But we continued to visit the Farm where my Dad taught me how to use a Bow and Arrow. I think Gramps sold the Animals as he became too old to take care of them. He was an interesting man in a very quiet way, though my Grandma never forgave him.

#65 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:56 PM

So Denise, to recap:

Your Gramps ran off with another woman but ended up with the Farm and the Red Barn (good exchange)!

The chickens died of a Virus (their immune system went down from the shock of it all )!

You stopped visiting because there were no chickens laying (eggs)!

Your father taught you how to handle a bow and arrow (he didn't want you meeting the same fate)!?

And you grew up to be a STRONG SOLID FEMALE who now has the opportunity to buy a RED BARN and won't take any bull from any of the others who do not want to live happily ever after DOWN ON THE FARM!

So let's not put the Kart before the Barn as that one will go rolling home!

This Old Man, he had.........he played .............with a ....... paddy whack, give a dog a bone, this old KART CAME ROLLING HOME!

blink.gif

#66 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:53 AM

Oh Jacky, that's just too funny!

Actually, Gramps married the other woman and she still lives on the Farm with the Red Barn and they had a son who is my Uncle but left the Farm many years ago.

The only reason my Dad taught me Archery was because I insisted, and when I asked him to teach me how to use a Rifle, he refused as I was just a curious kid.

Now come up with a song for that! laugh.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#67 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 04:39 PM

Hmmm . . . the only one that comes to mind is "Bang, Bang a Boomerang . . . " perhaps that's because I'm an Aussie . . . . laugh.gif

#68 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:59 PM

Sandra, ha, ha, ha!!

Bang, Bang? I'm not going there laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users