• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:44 PM

Sorry but I think I will pass on this one! Is that a Lighthouse, the red column, or what? Mind you I have had a couple of glasses of wine tonight so who knows what I am seeing! And yes, let me have another look, is that a dalmation dog attached to the door!

Oh dear! No, I don't think I like this one but, horses for courses as they say! (especially down on the farm).

cool.gif

#32 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:41 PM

Thanks for the pics, Lisa - did you buckle under the pressure? laugh.gif

Good on ya, girl!! biggrin.gif

Ann - thanks for clarifying the size . . . . often I have been a little disappointed at the size when I have finally received the goods . . . because they look so giant on the computer screen!! dry.gif

Then when compared to the 'older' solids, they are as you say, relatively smaller in comparison. So I'm afraid this is another one I'll have to pass up!! sad.gif

#33 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:06 PM

Pretty, but I shall pass. Not too fond of country stuff.

#34 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:29 PM

I didn't buckle, I thought it OK because the photo was in the last issue of the powder puff and it came out early this week. wink.gif Also, I am sure it is going to be at the IPBA this weekend.
Had the photo not come out I would have waited to post it.

Jacky,

The red tower on the barn is for grain for the hungry cow at the door.

#35 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:54 PM

Sorry folks but I think the barn is one UGLY solid blink.gif

#36 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 09:59 PM

Hi Ron,

If you think the barn is ugly wait til you see the Lieber ones. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann

#37 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:15 PM

Not to worry, Lisa. Your "timing" was absolutely perfect. Blended in well with the Convention and post-newsletter picture. Hey, once it's out there, it's fair and honest!

Jacky - you'd love it, I know.

I have some very fond, but tragic, memories of red barns. When I was very little, my uncle owned a chicken farm. The "peep" building was way behind the main house. So one day, my Aunt, Uncle and parents went shopping and left my brother and I there with my cousin, who proceeded to take off for the day the second their car was around the bend.

To make a very long story short, my brother and I brought a box of "peeps" down from the "peep" house, took the box up to the loft of the barn, and proceeded to throw the peeps out of the loft door, one by one. We thought we were setting them free. Hey, how did we know they couldn't fly? Looking back, it's funny. But at the time, it was really a mess. I even tried to show one how to flap his little wings, but he just went "splat" on the ground like the rest of them. Horrible. And very sad. A moment of silence here for all those peeps. sad.gif Thank you.

Michele

#38 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 07:24 PM

Ann
I sure hope that the Leiber ones are better than the N M giveaways on their gift wrap. Those are absolutly terrible not as UGLY as the barn but still terrible. ph34r.gif

#39 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:00 PM

I think a lot of collectors are going to have mixed emotions about the JL solids, I do like them, just have an open mind.

Ann,

What are your thoughts?

#40 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 06:32 AM

Dying to see pix of the JL solids. If they are up and about, can someone point me in the right direction blink.gif

Lisa, I loved 'the hungry cow at the door'........Hope you weren't being too personal! cool.gif

#41 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 07:33 AM

Hi Lisa,

I have only seen the black & white photos so they may look better in person.

You are right about the cartoon look and I am surprised at the lack of crystals as I thought she was famous for lots of crystals on everything.

I think folks will either love them or hate them.

As a "what this will go with" person , the Monkey (unlike last year monkey) has a hat and vest on and can go in the circus.

The Lion also has on a jacket/blanket and can go in the circus. Both are NOT out of Africa.

The rooster looks like a cartoon of 2001 rooster.

The cat & dog both have a ball/yarn and the chick on the nest looks from the pictures to be the biggest and has the most crystals.

I am hopeful they will look better when I see them.

Another problem is that the Jay Strongwater even in black & White drawings are
WONDERFUL so they make the Leiber ones kinda of pale.

Hopefully I will be totally wrong. biggrin.gif

Ann

#42 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 01:30 PM

smile.gif It seems that the same themes keep repeating themselves! Will be interested to see the ones you have mentioned!

#43 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:33 AM

Sandra -

The reason many solids look so large on the computer, especially on eBay, is because many sellers are now using magnifying glass to work under, which really misrepresents the solid. You sort of get the impression it's almost a "life-size" piece, then end up with just a regular, small one. Very disappointing.

And yes, these solids sound very redundant...am curious to actually see them. Wonder what JL's chick will look like once it "molts?" laugh.gif

Ron - you seem a little down on everything. huh.gif Hope you feel better today! smile.gif

#44 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 10:27 AM

Does anyone know what Nordstroms will have for their solids?

#45 TERRY

TERRY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:33 PM

I was hoping JL would design a Jewelers box,purse with lots of stones. Anything along that line. TERRY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users