• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:58 PM

Yeah - it was a bit of a goose chase . . . . I'm a bit sus about it . . . I think we've got this all figured out now and know what's going on without having to say it in BLACK AND WHITE publicly. Let's all use our heads and read between the lines here.

OVER AND OUT!!! ph34r.gif

#47 kathy1717

kathy1717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:14 AM

Hello all; I have been notified by Lisa that there was all this talk. I am acctually quite surprised. I was just going on as we all do, trying to keep things together but as I read I felt that I needed to contact you all.

As I had posted I was looking for the Jester desperatly. I was e-mailing all kinds of places not just here. I wound up finding two. I only bought one and found some news about my health. Panicking (my husband would throw the collection out or sell for 25 cents at garage sale) I decided for many reasons to part with him. I'm have figured it out that if lucky, with e-bay, paypal and final value I may break even and that was the only thing at this point I was looking for.

Time to fess up. On that end if you want the "dirt" I was doing some buying and selling of items. If I found something cheap I would pick it up and sell for a small profit. It kind of takes my mind off of things. When I used a old photo most of the time it was what I had just bought. Yet I had collected so many photos that I got a little confused. I didn't know all the rules and I was in the wrong. Lisa has kindly corrected me. I am in the process of selling all kind things I have collected for years so that someone else can treasure them as I have. I have never lied to or covered up a flaw to make a sale and I think that the people that have purchased from me are very happy.

There are a few that I will never part with and I am still in love with estee soilds so I will probably still buy and yes, if I feel like it sell. But I don't want to be kicked out of the club nor thought of as a bad person. I just have been bombarded with personal issues and was new to photo technology. I have been the sole supporter for my family for 4 years now and the free time to learn new stuff was limited.

The good news is that I DO have a camera and am learning. I am not here to solicite anyone as I have seen on this site, but only to have a friendship with people that I have something in common with. Yes, I do live in Las Vegas and work for a College. What I knew about myself till this point is that I was an upstanding part of this community. Yes, I did make a few mistakes, right Lisa? but I don't want to offend anyone on this site. I think I am on the right track within our community as long as I tell you about my brush with disaster and that you understand. Also I did get some good news from my Doctor so I will be around for a while so I would like to keep the friendships I have made. Forgive me? You will never see me promoting what I am or not selling. Please let me know. Kathy

#48 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:50 AM

Hi Kathy, Was reading these postings and was amazed out how astute people can be. You have to take your hats off to them as nothing 'slips through the net'!
That is one helluva bonus for us here! smile.gif

Thanks for clearing up the mystery, stay well and thanks for posting

smile.gif smile.gif

I have edited this post as it was getting too complicated!!!!!

#49 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:20 AM

Hi Kathy -

Quite an in depth explanation and really not necessary. At least all is cleared up and you have to admit...we do look out for each other! ohmy.gif

Good luck in your searches and your finds...and remember, we even "police" each other! laugh.gif It's the only way to survive on eBay. blink.gif

#50 pattipotroast

pattipotroast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:15 PM

Ladies & Anyone Else Mildy Interested,

The Jester arrived 5/17/04 in immaculate condition, both boxes and even extra stones.

I am more than pleased with Kathy, she mailed in a timely manner and was very professional and prompt with her emails.

Ya'll might want to "stand down a bit"!!!!

Patti P

#51 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:49 PM

Kathy1717,
Thanks for posting your side of the story. As I stated in one of my earlier post, I figured you would come thru with the jester, since your feedback was so great. The only problem I had, was when it was brought to my attention by another member that my pic was being used. I knew I had not been contacted or asked permission for my pic to be used. Then, since my picture was being used again, it made everyone think I was involved in something fishy! sad.gif So next time just remember to kindly email the owner of the pic and ask permission. Most people would probably let you borrow their pics, if you just ask. biggrin.gif Of course, now that you have your own camera, I guess there will be no need. Good luck with it and your other Ebay auctions.
Thanks again for your honesty,
Gayla

#52 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:40 PM

OK, glad to hear the jester arrived safely.

Now we can put this topic to rest as last.

#53 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 04:32 PM

Hmmmm, since everyone has "fessed up" and been honest, how come Lisa didn't "fess up" to buying the first Jester from Lollypop? blink.gif blink.gif

#54 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:00 PM

Well, first off I really didn't think I needed to "fuss up" to anything since last I heard buying solids on ebay isn't a crime and I don't see the need to let everyone know what I purchase on ebay and really it isn't too hard to figure out who bought the original jester because the "about me" tells everyone who I am.

If you read a post that I made on May 11th under matching powder compacts I did announce that I just got my jester. Plus the fact that lollipop stated twice in her posts that I was the buyer for the jester and really didn't feel the need to explain any further.

Well, you asked..................

#55 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 06:11 PM

Lisa, I never said it was a crime to buy anything on Ebay, we all do! I never read the Topic about Matching Powder Compacts, so I didn't see your Post.

Seems like Posts are going in all different Topic Area's, doesn't it? rolleyes.gif blink.gif cool.gif

#56 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:23 PM

Whew, thank goodness this one is bout over! ph34r.gif

#57 kathy1717

kathy1717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:09 AM

I agree, and thank you all. There is a huge learning curve on e-bay and I have also been burned. Well looks like taking the curve at warp speed and should be walking in step with everyone now. I appreciate your help and forgivness.
tongue.gif

Kathy

#58 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:37 PM

Kathy,

I feel there is no need for you to apologize, why? I believe underneath every dark cloud is a silver lining and you brought ěhonestyî within your posts that I admire. It takes a person of ěintegrityî to be honest and admit when they have made mistakes.

During the course of this Topic, it saddened me to see how cruel members can be, reporting you to Ebay and interrogating your medical situations.

Funny, I know members that have copied my pictures, not to mention the text I use in my Auctions but I smile to myself as I take it as a compliment. But they donít take responsibility for their wrongful actions, instead they point fingers at people who just didnít know any better, how very sad and yet they are proud to call themselves ěpolice.î What a sham! dry.gif

I thought this Site was meant for discussing solids, designers, etc.

I thought this Site was for sharing laughter and joyful moments.

I thought members would help other members, not hurt them. I thought wrong.

I wish you luck with your Auctions and if you ever need help with Ebay or you canít get a picture right, let me know and I will be more than happy to help you. smile.gif

Denise

#59 kathy1717

kathy1717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:22 AM

Hi Denise: Thanks for your kind words and honesty. You have the ability to look at both sides of the solids biggrin.gif When I joined I was looking for expert advice as I am still a new. I do buy and sell mostly because I love the solids so much that at times I have bought too much. I swap and sometimes add something I really want bad. My timing was poor on the Jester. I said that I would purchase and am a person of my word so I went and bought knowing I would have to give him up. I noticed a member had bought and I do hope you enjoy for years to come.

I could not read all the messages as they really were hurtful. I now can understand everyoneís concern. I did have two sales that I regret. One was from a Frenchman that solicited me. He had changed id and had a poor record. This was my first sale and I was so excited. I shipped and insured. He wrote in my record that he never got solid. I just wrote him and told him that I was going to report to the US government this item missing and that there would be an investigation. If I did not get a solid I would have e-mailed the person first, which he did not do, and he waited till the last day to put a neutral post. Had I not gotten the solid, I would have used a stronger message. I thought something was fishy. Seems as soon as I said the US was going to investigate him, he replied that he did in fact get the solid and is no longer a member of e-bay.

The second was another out of country buyer that wanted me to ship to a friend in the states to save postage. This time they said that I sent an auto part and not a compact. Now I know nothing of auto parts and was even afraid that a bomb was sent to me as I did not know what this person was sending back. Long story short, I refunded their money and they were kind enough to split the loss. I have not had a good experience with out of country so that is why I will not sell to anyone out of the US anymore. I have looked to the board to help and for leadership. I must admit at one point I felt no guidance what so ever only people trying to solve ěmysteriesî. Feel free to e-mail me if curious instead. As you can see I am happy to inform, disclose, and befriend everyone. Thank you for your offer for photos. I was not warned by this site instead just shut down by e-bay. I will not make this mistake in the future. I appreciate that you have been here for me, also for the lessons learned by everyone.

I hope this will end the mysteries of Kathy1717. Oh, one last puzzle solved. I have to have new passwords for about everything I do. It seemed the easiest way for me to remember another password and that is how I chose my name. I had enrolled once before and messed it up and wanted to useÖ..Kathy

#60 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 06:49 AM

Kathy,

First let me say I am sorry if at any time you felt hurt by anything stated by me or other members of this site. I truly feel as though it wasn't the intention by anyone to hurt you, rather I feel that members were just stating facts trying to be protective of other members- especially new members.

I do try to keep photos from this site off of ebay and here are my two major concerns about this- a couple of times I was contacted by someone who wasn't even a member of this site asking if they purchased two solids would I combine shipping? See, this auction was not even mine! This is why I cannot let photos from this site be used on ebay because people were thinking I had something to do with the auctions and I did not. I do try to contact sellers and let them know before reporting them to ebay but I have learned that 99% of the time my emails are ignored and I simply don't have the time to email then wait for a response. My second issue is that a good deal of the photos were donated to me by other very generous members and I feel the responsibility to ensure their photos are also not seen all over ebay.

As far as running this site I have found it is not easy- people say things, feeling get hurt, people disagree with things being said- this I do my best to control everything but I have found that I cannot please everyone although I do try to do my best. This site is meant to be a fun place and I hope everyone will continue to see it that way.

So again sorry for any problems that is all may have caused to anyone and let's just all move on.

wink.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users