Looking For The "jester"
Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:23 AM
Have a beautiful day...you certainly did all you possibly could...very impressive. Keep up the great work!
Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:46 AM
I am lollipop, the seller of the Jester for the BIN of $375. I needed some fast money for a down payment for a car for my daughter. That's why it was a one day auction! If I would have read this site more often, I could have just offered it to Lisa without going thru ebay and saved myself some fees! That was my original picture and Kathy did not have permission to use it. I know nothing about this seller and she certainly didn't contact me for permission to use my photo, (not that it was a great photo) My buyer definitely got her solid and got a great deal!! I'm glad it went to someone who wanted it so badly!! I am in the process of filing a compaint with Ebay against this "Kathy" for using my photo without my permission.
Have a good day!
Gayla from Texas!
Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:55 PM
We never questioned your integrity or your auction. No need for any explanation as to why you were selling the Jester...or anything else!
Your BIN price was extremely fair, and I hope your daughter appreciated it!
You really should check in here more often...Lisa still has a "wish-list" and possibly you could help her out.
As for Kathy...we're still hoping she has an explanation...hopefully, it's all going to turn out ok.
Thanks for popping in and clearing up at least part of the mystery ...don't stay away so long.
Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:12 PM
Is is possible that people contacted Kathy in which she bought 2 Jesters with the thought in mind that she could sell 1 of them to make money to buy more Compacts? That seems logical to me, but of course I have no idea, just playing Detective Denise [/SIZE]
Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:33 PM
Thanks for your kindness and understanding! Yes, my daughter was very appreciative and thankful! I am happy to be collecting something that can also help me out when I need it. I hope to find the Jester and Foo Dog again someday when I can afford it. I tend to get carried away when it comes to solids! I would love to go nuts this year and buy them all like I usually do, but just can't afford it anymore! I would probably end up having to resell them to help pay for them! Isn't that terrible! I am going to pick just a few this next year instead!! I love this site and plan to check in more often.
Thanks again for your kind words!
Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:21 PM
My, my you folk have me kinda worried! I'm the Jester buyer from Kathy. My machine has been down for a while with a virus and I'm back up but with a slight limp!! I have not been able to keep up on the "scoop" in the chat area and just now decided to log in and find out what's been happening. Well, was I shocked or what. I felt $425 was a bit much for him but have looked for so long I decided to bite the bullet and bid at the last minute feeling sure I would be outbid. All the correspondence with Kathy has been prompt and professional, guess I'll just hope for the best. Will certainly let ya'll know when HIMSELF arrives!!!
Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:26 PM
Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:03 PM
Oh shucks, Michele - no need to go that far!!
Thanks for the job offer, but I think I'll have to go 'undercover' for a while!!
Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:07 PM
Gayla - I have a question for you . . . . was Kathy the purchaser of your Jester?
I think Michele seems to think so, yet you haven't disclosed the buyer as Kathy, just her as the unauthorised user of your photo.
Hang on - I'll just check Lisa's links . . . .
Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:15 PM
So the questions of the case are:
1. Was Kathy ever really looking for the Jester?
2. Did Kathy buy Gayla's Jester under an assumed name?
3. Did Kathy actually make a profit and will she therefore be able to buy her own digital camera and stop using other people's photos?
4. And lastly, Pattipotroast may be able to shed some light on the inevitable . . . . is Kathy kosha?
Looking forward to the answers.
Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:21 PM
1. Have re-read this entire novel...nowhere did I mention that Kathy bought the Jester from Gayla.
2. According to Kathy's post of April 14...yes..she was searching for the Jester but lost him due to a higher bid.
3. Somewhere between April 14 and May 8, Kathy found a Jester to sell. Whether she had 1 or 2...I have no idea and don't need to know. Did she get it from someone on this site? Did she have 2 offers? Does it matter? Do I care?
4. At no time was Lollipop (Gayla) involved in any of this, except that her picture was taken by Kathy. Among other pictures from other sellers.
5. Somewhere between Sandra's post and now, I've totally forgotten why we're going through this exercise.
6. Who the "L" is pattipotroast? Oh...supposedly the new owner of the alleged Jester.
7. I'll probably wake up in the shower and the whole thing will have been a dream.
Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:44 AM
1. Ummm . . . you inferred that Kathy would make a profit from selling Jesters and buy a digital camera . . . and somewhere along the line someone (can't remember just WHO) suggested she would make $50.00 profit.
3. Correct, and agree that I don't think we should care.
4. Correct, though we did suggest that MAYBE they were friends, hence the use of the pic.
5. Because you love a good mystery.
7. Possibly . . . good luck!!
Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:56 PM
Hi! As I stated in my 1st post, I don't know this kathy1717. She has great feedback and will probably come thru with delivering the Jester. I also stated in the above post, she didn't have my permission to use my pic. I did report it to Ebay. The winner of my Jester was also implied in my above post. It was none other than the wonderful creator of this site. I implied that she was the winner by saying that if I would have visited this site more often and known how badly she wanted the Jester, I would have offered it to her in the first place and saved myself Ebay and Paypal fees! My mistake! Anyhow, I hope this mess with the Jester is finally straightend out and this Kathy1717 is on the up and up .
Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:52 PM
So - there's no real mystery except the fact that Kathy was desperately asking for one and then suddenly was selling one.
is this THE END??
Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:29 PM
Jeas I'm glad that all got sorted in the end.
It seemed like very hard work.
Well done to Lisa for getting what she desired, and well done to everyone else for turning this into a serial
Can we put this to bed now
It was wearing me out
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users