VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:58 AM

What with solids that turn out to be makeup, and double Jesters

CURIOUSER and CURIOUSER ( spelling )

GOOD MARKETING PLOY THOUGH

Lets give a chance for an explanation!!!!!!!!

MARGARET

#17 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:20 AM

Sandra - You're absolutely right. I won't even let myself think that perhaps someone is selling something they don't have. Maybe Kathy is referring to some other clown, like the Pirouette? huh.gif

Kathy - Can you help us out here? This is a puzzle...you have the missing piece. cool.gif

Thanks!

#18 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:24 AM

Hi Margaret -

That's another pet peeve...sellers that advertise a powder compact as a solid, just so we'll pull it up when we do a search. More false advertising, or at least misleading. ph34r.gif

Why don't they just say "Powder Compact?" The word 'solid' shouldn't even be used! mad.gif

Wow! It's early...and I'm at it again. Must get away from this site for a few days!! laugh.gif Clear out my brain...what's left of it. blink.gif

#19 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:09 AM

Kathy could be buying and reselling?? - there are two other solids for sale by her on ebay right now (zebra and shell) that she had purchased within the past month. Guess this does not really clear anything up, but thought it useful nonetheless...

#20 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:12 AM

The photo of her shell auction is also not her photo...

She does have a feedback where the buyer is stating they did not receive the solid they bid on, it was over $200?????????????? ph34r.gif

#21 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:00 AM

Hi all !
These are very curious auctions, all pictures have a different background and different sizes. If I sell at ebay I make all my pictures by myself and they have all the same background.

Greetings !
Michaela

#22 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:52 PM

Well I must admit that we're a good detective team, aren't we?

Just one piece of the puzzle missing now, as Michele pointed out, and Kathy - you have it . . . . please put us all 'in the picture'. blink.gif

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE(Lori B @ May 13 2004, 01:22 PM)
Kathy could be buying and reselling?? - there are two other solids for sale by her on ebay right now (zebra and shell) that she had purchased within the past month.  Guess this does not really clear anything up, but thought it useful nonetheless...

You're right, Lori - buying and selling is allowed . . . . it's just that in this case she said she was a VERY newbie and looking for the jester desperately . . . but I'm not completely convinced that this was the case . . . . so we're waiting to find out!!

#24 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:23 PM

This is strange indeed. I'm glad you guys are doing the detective work. I'm pooped from ebay.

Yeah, I don't like it when someone titles a powder compact auction as "solid". It's called Key Word Spamming. It gets annyoing if done too often.

#25 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:27 PM

Michaela brought up a brilliant point...never ever thought about that! blink.gif She's so very right...seller's have their own style - and place - for photography. When I have items on eBay, they're all usually within 25 pixels of each other...the size is consistent on each. The background is nearly identical in all of them. You could say I'm not terribly creative, but then you'd have to say that about 95% of sellers!

However, every picture Kathy has used in her auctions is of a different style, place, size and lighting.

The plot thickens...

Only possibility is that she won an auction for a Jester and the seller sent her 2 by mistake. She has no digital camera and had to get rid of one, so she "borrowed" another photo and put her extra Jester on eBay.

Kathy...I'm trying to help you out here...we still need that puzzle piece! ohmy.gif

Michaela...Way to go! More great detective work! wink.gif We should open up our own Private Investigation service! laugh.gif Sandra, you, me, Lisa, et al.... ph34r.gif

#26 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:43 PM

This all does sound a bit strange to me....

Kathy with the same name is looking for a Jester, then the Same Name Kathy sold a Jester. Either it's a coincidence.. ph34r.gif or something Fishy is going on...

Where is Detective Columbo when you need him? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:45 PM

Well - she managed to sell it to one lucky bidder . . . now all we have to wait for is the 'positive feedback' to know it's kosha, and her reply on here.

Personally I'm not going to spend any more time ruminating about it . . . will have to wait and see what happens. Meanwhile, I think we all know what's going on . . .

Again sad, but true! sad.gif

#28 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:03 PM

Hi all!
The winning bidder is mellomutt a very nice lady wich bought a double elephant from me. Maybe I can ask her what happend. Hope she has luck.

Michaela

#29 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:08 PM

Glad you have a 'contact' Michaela - let us know what happens!!

#30 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:14 AM

AGATHA CHRISTIE HAS NOTHING ON YOU ALL!!!!!!!

AS A NEWCOMER TO THIS SITE, IT DOES GIVE ME CONFIDENCE TO KNOW THERE ARE SHARP-EYED PEOPLE LIKE YOU AROUND.

WELL DONE EVERYBODY

MARGARET...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users