• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 kathy1717

kathy1717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:09 PM

I have been looking for this one for a while. I am VERY new. biggrin.gif Does anyone think there might be one for sale at the convention?

Thanks,

Kathy

#2 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:27 PM

You'd be lucky mate!! Ever since Lisa has said she's been after it last year, it seems everyone else has been too. It's very elusive and there's one on Ebay now. However, luck favours the brave - so happy bidding and Good Luck!!

#3 kathy1717

kathy1717

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:35 PM

Thanks Sandra, tried for it but lost big time! huh.gif Please all keep looking!

Thanks,

Kathy

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:56 PM

there's one on Ebay now - starts at $425.00 with no bids yet and not long to go! - Hang on . . . .aren't you the seller???? blink.gif

What's going on? dry.gif

#5 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:33 PM

Hmmmmmmm................. huh.gif dry.gif huh.gif dry.gif huh.gif dry.gif huh.gif dry.gif huh.gif dry.gif

#6 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:40 PM

Kathy - Do you have a double or is someone using your User ID? This is most unusual...I won't even put in a link. That's like advertising, isn't it?

double hmmmmmmmmm...........

dry.gif unsure.gif huh.gif dry.gif

#7 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:45 PM

Yeah - it's a bit obvious when you use the same ID both here and on Ebay. blink.gif

Honesty is the best policy, so you'd better come clean and tell us what's going on with this, otherwise you'll get on the wrong side of all us solid collectors, and we wouldn't want that, would we!!?? dry.gif

Try to avoid the mad.gif

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:40 PM

Think we can see what is going on here, even if I am in the land of zzzzzzz!

Well spotted! No-one can pull the wool over your eyes, that's for sure!

rolleyes.gif ph34r.gif

#9 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:54 PM

Well I ain't a sheep, that's for sure!! laugh.gif

BAAA!!! (Not to you, Jacky - just in general!!) biggrin.gif

#10 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:26 PM

Here are the facts:

jester- auction ended with BIN

Kathy1717 auction:

current jester on ebay with a $50 mark up and the same photo.

Strange but I recall contacting ebay a couple of days ago because a certain ebay seller was using a photo from this site for her auction. ph34r.gif

#11 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:59 PM

Photo might be the same, but the current auction has it in both boxes whereas the first one didn't . . . . . dry.gif

It's all a CONSPIRACY!!!! unsure.gif

So - Kathy - we are calling on you to solve this strange-ness . . . or is it all a coincidence and simply and innocently bought 2 and want to sell one. blink.gif

HELP us to trust Ebay and sellers again . . . . PLEASE!!!

#12 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:09 PM

Hmmmm...what to say? unsure.gif Lollipop's auction started May 5, ended with a BIN for $325. Fuzzy but ok photo.

Kathy...your auction started on May 8...starting at what...$425? And the same photo? dry.gif Well, you live in Las Vegas and lollipop lives in Texas, so unless she gave you permission to use that photo, that's construed as "copyright infringement." You have to change the photo. huh.gif

Why you're "looking" for a Jester is beyond my comprehension...it's late...I'm tired...but I'm sure there's a good reason for your actions. If you could fill us in, it would be appreciated. blink.gif

Whatever you do, please do not make the mistake of assuming we're stupid. Silly - yes. Stupid - no.

#13 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:14 PM

Sometimes friends exchange and use each other's photos . . . . I've known this to happen many times in the past. wink.gif

In this case it could be a plausible possibility, though a long shot. dry.gif

The case continues . . . . . . ph34r.gif

#14 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:19 PM

This is very true, Sandra. But why would one be desperately looking for a solid, when one is in fact selling that solid?

It's just too late for this...I'll check in tomorrow morning if I get up on time, which I never do.... blink.gif

'nite all!

#15 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:27 PM

wink.gif I KNOW it's odd - that's why I brought it up - I was the one who brought attention to it, wasn't I? huh.gif

Anyway, the time elapsed between wanting and selling is a month . . . this happened to me just a few months ago. I bought a solid (not in the box) and while it was being shipped, was offered the same one with the box for not much more $$$$. So I ended up with two at the same time - this was one I'd been after for a while too!! sad.gif

So - now I have one for sale that I was looking for. Capice? blink.gif

I do think this Jester thing seems a bit sus, but I AM giving her the benefit of the doubt and am inviting her to 'PLEASE EXPLAIN' so we don't let our imaginations and anger run away with us. dry.gif

So - let's stop speculating and give her a chance. If there is no reply in the next week or so, then there's our answer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users