• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 11:07 PM

There are too many excellent solids out this year. I'm having trouble deciding which to buy.

I like the Harrods bear and Delievery Van, but I can only buy one. Which Harrod's solid would you choose? Which is the best buy?

#2 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 11:35 PM

Hi Greyhound,
It is a difficult choice, I feel like a kid in a sweetshop with one coin and lots of sweets to choose from!
I have gone for the bear - it was an easy choice for me because I like bears, of course it may mean at some time in the future I will need to try and buy last years bear to go with it, then if there's another bear next year I may feel compelled to add him to the collection...hmmm maybe I should have chosen the van. When I rang they had no bears left but assured me there would be more in on Friday.
Decisions, decisions! lol [Big Grin]

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 01:54 PM

I am going for the bear as well, I have last years and hopefully they will offer a new one for the years to come. I cannot go crazy and have to cut back [Frown] I am only going for the ones I really like or at least trying! [Razz]

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 07:42 PM

Don't know what happened! Had nearly finished writing my message and it was wiped out!

This will be a shorter one!!!! Went to Harrods yesterday to look at the Harrods Palace, teddy bear and van. The Palace is much nicer than the photograph and I have the option to purchase with Mohd.Al Fayeds signature. He signed 2O. At 35O sterling, I am thinking it is alot of money but most of them have been bought! They were awaiting delivery of the teddy bears but saw the van. Quite nice, am tempted, but where does one stop???? Anyway, Ann and Ken if you have received your consignment, would love to hear your opinions on them.

Will check in to see if you have anymore thoughts on the new solids.

Best wishes to you all,

Jacqueline [Roll Eyes]

#5 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 09:22 PM

Have not received them yet. Will post photos & opinion when we do.
Ann & Ken

#6 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 October 2002 - 04:59 AM

Hi Jacqueline,
I was just on the phone to Harrods and was told that Mohammed Al Fayed is signing or has signed 150 of the palaces. Maybe there was demand for more. If this is the case the first 20 people thinking that they had a real exclusive may be a little disappointed?!

#7 moontide

moontide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 11:14 PM

Was just on the phone to Harrod's,ordered the teddy bear & delivery van,told they are in stock and will be in the post tomorrow

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 02:32 PM

HiEveryone,

Yes, I visited Harrods again....today! Had a long chat re the conversation I had with one of their Reps on Saturday.

They did receive a further consignment of the vans as previously they had only 15O of their allocation. I was told that most of the vans are reserved but there are a few available. They expect to have sold out the teddy bears and the vans by the end of this week!

All the signed boxes of the Harrods Palace have now gone. There are a few, I think three, remaining.
So, this is my last and final update, unless anyone wants to send me a private message with a private question!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. [Roll Eyes]

[ October 23, 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for all your updates Jacqueline [Big Grin]

#10 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 10:34 PM

Hey, what great ideas for solids!!! I enjoyed reading everyone's imput!! You girls rock!!

Regards, Pamela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users