149 replies to this topic

#106 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 05:26 PM

Hi All:

I did get a reply from Goldfinger and she was vague and claimed she didn't know much about the solids but if the mermaid was headless then the bidders were "Bidding for spare parts."

Needless to say, I did not respond. sad.gif

#107 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:08 PM

Oh Michaela,

I just saw your Photo's of the Catfishies, they are just wonderful!! Can we call them Kittymaids? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Denise

#108 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

Oh dear . . . . spare parts? I wonder how many solids are in need of "spare parts" - the answer should be zero because they should be made to last for the price paid !! mad.gif

Maybe the mermaid's head will appear on Ebay by itself one day . . . when the seller of the body finds it under the sofa while cleaning perhaps . . . . laugh.gif laugh.gif

Michaela - a VERY successful transplanting of the heads there!! They WOULD fetch a great price on Ebay (but not from me)!! blink.gif

I reckon you should do some more!! biggrin.gif

#109 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:37 PM

OMG Michaela...I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! I could NEVER do anything like that....strictly a "cut & paste" type!

Love the blackfishmaid...incredible work. And...I'll bet you could fetch a really, really high price on eBay just with the picture(s)! laugh.gif It's toooo tempting... rolleyes.gif

#110 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:54 AM

Ann and Ken if you are still around on the board, have been looking at the Picnic Basket on Ebay, plus Octopus and Cat with Ball etc.

These are all being sold by you know who! Can you tell me how the Picnic Basket has evolved, and any of the other solids which will soon meet their fate!

Appreciate very much if you would!

OOOps. Went to copy description relative to Picnic Basket......but it's gone! I suppose we are all ''honest human beings who can make mistakes........ '':rolleyes:
That was part of a quote in the singular attached to the Picnic Basket

#111 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:41 PM

We have no idea why the "solids" are selling .

Some of the reasons may be because they think the are "prototypes" but they are not. Some may think they are OK because they don't know any better. Some may need spare parts, and as we said before some of the solids are Ok.

A good way to compare is look at the Database under picnic for the basket.
The one on ebay is missing all it's contents.

In our humble opinion some of these solids were NOT FINISHED for what ever reason and put in the trash. Some one fished them out and found a market on ebay.

If we see Monique at convention we will ask her why she bought most of them.

Ann & Ken

#112 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:46 PM

[B]Look forward to your news! smile.gif

#113 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:34 PM

Anyone see the Bull with the Chip on his Horn?

Bull Compact

#114 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:59 PM

The chip didn't bother me as much as all the missing stones. And the MINT.

I think we should buy all these "SOLIDS" instead of the castle and sit around glueing them back together .

Sell them for bigger bucks and call them RARE EXCLUSIVES sold only on Soildperfume.com

Designed , created and glued back together by artists and engineers whom were once friendly with EL.

(In the discription above the only words that folks that buy them will see are in capitals.) laugh.gif

Ann

#115 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:48 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif Ann - too funny!! (and sad, but true!)

#116 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:11 PM

Very Funny indeed! laugh.gif laugh.gif

True, what gets me is the "Description".... Holy Bulls! blink.gif

#117 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:18 AM

EL isn't the only one having problems with the sale of "broken" unfinished items. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Ebay item 3289912471.

Ann

#118 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:06 PM

Interesting.

I bought a Jay Strongwater compact last year (or was it the year before) that was an unfinished prototype. The salamander was turquoise as it should be, but the background had different colors. The mirrors were missing.

Maybe, someone went dumpster diving? Don't tell me these people work for Strongwater or Lauder and helped themselves. Would hate to support that!

#119 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 04 May 2004 - 10:32 AM

HotFinger's Auctions are getting really fun now because they are like Puzzles. I have to stare at some of them for awhile to figure out what is missing blink.gif blink.gif

For instance, it took me 10 seconds to realize the Vanity is missing the Perfume Bottle laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#120 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:24 PM

Oh no...just when you thought it was safe to go out...it's back!

The Headless Mermaid - Again!

PLUS, we also have a rotted peach in the lot! tongue.gif This will never end...they just keep getting worse. Oh...the teddy with the broken arm is back also. All, of course, MINT!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users