• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#61 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 05:08 PM

Hi Nancy, I cannot resist this. I also looked and thought what on earth.... Then I realised,

Mint Tea!!

Sorry Nancy...... cool.gif

#62 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 05:14 PM

HA!! Let's play word games for MINT.

I say:

Missing
It's bits -
No
Thanks

#63 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:46 PM

Mine
Is
No
Takers!

#64 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:51 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Good one, Jacky - anyone else want to add? wink.gif

Ann, I think you'll be good at this!! 'Ave a go!! tongue.gif

#65 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:31 PM

a.

#66 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:49 PM

Heres my feeble attempt

Maybe
I am
Not
Truthful

Lainey

#67 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 April 2004 - 09:54 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif Excellent Don, Margaret and Lainey - not at all feeble!!

Keep 'em coming!!

#68 lmsw1

lmsw1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:43 AM

Hi all,
Is this the ebay gold teapot you mean? I don't know if it's legit or not, but regardless wouldn't it be great if there were a section on this site for newbie education, such as 'things to look for to identify what qualifies as mint' (Lisa: hint hint rolleyes.gif ). Here are my two cents worth:

Missing
Information
Newbies can get
Taken

or
Money
Inspires
Nasty
Tampering

laugh.gif

#69 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:03 AM

Yeah - totally agree!! wink.gif

OK dodgy Ebay sellers mad.gif : here's what WE expect be the word MINT:

MINT should Mean It's Not Touched!! blink.gif

GET IT???

#70 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:42 AM

Had to laugh when I saw the Gold Teapot and read the Seller's ID. He/she has a thing about Gold!

Also I would like to ask a question. If a particularl seller is known to be releasing these awful tampered (and I won't call them solids), can they be struck off? His/her ID has not been hidden or changed, as far as I have noticed, so what is the situation here?

blink.gif

#71 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:03 AM

Hi all,

I had e-mailed this Seller last week explaining to her that her Compacts are not considered "Mint" after I explained why and she answered me and told me that she was not going to describe them as Mint anymore.

Needless to say, she did not keep her word, and I e-mailed her again for the same reason, but now she states "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "she is happy that all her buyers are happy," so I give up, why did I even bother? blink.gif

From another perspective, if the buyers are happy which makes the seller happy, that's their choice.

If I were artistic, I would buy some high-quality enamel, swarovski crystals, and design my own compacts! But my artistic talents lack in that category. If I had lots of money to spend, I would display the Tail of the Mermaid (that's all there is of that compact: one long Butt) just for the Glitter. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Jacky, I think we need James Bond for this situation, go ahead, sing it:

Goldfinger
She's the one, the one with the Midas touch
A spider's touch

Such a cold finger
Beckons you to enter her web of sin
But don't go in

Golden words she will pour in your ear
But her lies can't disguise what you fear
For a golden man knows when she's kissed him
Cos it's the kiss of death from

Misses Goldfinger
Pretty girl, beware of this heart of gold
Her heart is cold

Misses Goldfinger ...

She loves only gold.....
Only gold........... tongue.gif tongue.gif

#72 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:44 AM

Hi Lainey,
You really got it right!
The Teapot and the Mermaid leave me speechless!
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder cool.gif blink.gif
One man's trash is another man's treasure rolleyes.gif wink.gif
A penny saved is a penny earned biggrin.gif
Thank goodness I could remember some old cliche`
Ain't life grand!
KK biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#73 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:55 AM

Check out the seller's mermaid solid. Maybe it's my computer, but the pics are very dark and I believe that the head of the mermaid is MISSING (yikes a headless mermaid)! I emailed the seller to ask her about the missing head. Does anyone see a head? I will post seller's response, if I get one.

Also in the pea pod, the peas are missing and the quality of the enamel on the peas that are there is horrible. Something is very rotten here and it really stinks for the unaware buyer who paid lots of money for what could be in reality a worthless solid. sad.gif

I believe that these are seconds and were never meant for sale by EL. Somehow, people have gotten their hands on these rejects and are passing them off as desireable collectibles! mad.gif

The Steiff teddy bear company also releases factory seconds (why, I don't know!) but marks them with a plain button (instead of the inscribed Steiff button)and these bears do not come packaged nor do they have the hang tags that first class pieces do. Many sellers try to pass those seconds off as prototypes and rare. However, the truth is that these are seconds and should never have been released for sale. However, Steiff is having major problems moving their new lines (due to having too many replicas, etc.) and in an effort to make money, sell seconds for much cheaper. I used to collect Steiff, but no longer due due to deception and other things that have happened.

I guess this type of deception happens in all categories of collectibles. blink.gif

#74 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Apr 15 2004, 01:55 AM)
Had to laugh when I saw the Gold Teapot and read the Seller's ID.    He/she has a thing about Gold!            

Also I would like to ask a question.            If a particularl seller is known to be releasing these awful  tampered (and I won't call them solids), can they be struck off?     His/her ID has not been hidden or changed, as far as I have noticed, so what is the situation here?

blink.gif

You can report them to Safe Harbor (ebay). If you make a strong case, ebay has been know to cancel auctions and suspend sellers.

#75 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 12:03 PM

[/B]Well, I have just read the Mermaid description! Piece of sculpture?????? My...............! Seems like it's Heads Off, Tails You Win!

She, as Denise has discovered SHE is, must be working for EL. All the stuff that appears on Ebay has parts missing! I think SHE should go missing soon as she is hoodwinking too many unsuspecting vulnerable buyers!

I know what I would do with the woman! She fits into one of our stories beautifully, but I would leave her in the Dungeon and throw away the key!

This is really annoying me........... mad.gif

Hi Barb, Have just seen your post and thanks for the information about Ebay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users