149 replies to this topic

#31 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:12 PM

This is really hard .

On one hand I am tempted to bid on the artichoke as an extra for my veggie stand display but on the other hand I hate to give newbies the wrong idea that these solids are OK.

Some of her solids (I think) were all right so maybe it is just everyman for itself, buyer beware, man the lifeboats, full speed ahead and just do your best.

If the artichoke stays under $50 all bets are off. Greed will overtake good sense. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I will not buy any that are broke , missing parts ,etc.( even if it is a rare prototype).

Ann

#32 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:40 PM

Ann -

This is not worth the mental stress. If it looks like a solid, you like it, you can use it, and it's in ok condition for your purposes...then BID on the darn thing!

Again...Jacky....SIX PACK. Got it? laugh.gif

#33 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:18 PM

Yes, Ann, I do agree with you. If nothing is wrong with the solid. We know what to look for, newbies don't so we will just have to give them the heads up here on this site. wink.gif

#34 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 12:11 AM

I hope the pun was intended there, Lisa!! (Give them the heads up) biggrin.gif

As for the newbies, I"ll have to let them know to watch out for Lisa trying to palm off an (un)contented cat . . . she was last seen tugging at it's head . . . . . laugh.gif

#35 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:49 PM

Sandra,

Did I forget to mention I have a cat's meow for sale? The body is pink but the head is blue, it is actually the head of the Imperial dog ivory solid! It is indeed a very rare prototype.

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Anyone interested can make me offers. ohmy.gif

#36 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 02:14 PM

Lisa, that is how Dr Frankenstein started. I think I'm going to have to insist on Jack sending in a new photograph of himself every week. He has to be holding a newspaper with a current date of course just so we know you aren't messing with him. Anyway, how can you improve on perfection?? rolleyes.gif

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 05:52 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif Lisa - there could be a market for those types of transformations!!

How much are you asking? laugh.gif

#38 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:21 PM

If this doesn't look like it's been through a fire, nothing does.

Really, Really Bad Roulette Wheel!

And it's up to $50 already??? I am SO confused, but then I do have a fever of 101, so maybe it's just another apparition?

'nite all,
Michele
user posted image

#39 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:00 PM

OH MY GOSH!!! THAT ROULETTE WHEEL IS AWFUL!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

No, Michelle. It's not your fever!! It's a travesty!

Take care of yourself .....sounds as if you need a "swig" of Hadecol or Bubba's "Lightnin" huh.....Martha???

Last words from Garland, Texas........It doesn't even look like the Roulette Wheel!

Mimi

#40 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:47 PM

I cannot believe the condition of the Roulette Wheel! How can anyone put this up on Ebay under the description they have given! Surely there is some sort of recourse ? No doubt I have written this before, but there is an Act for this type of misrepresentation! This one is something else. Can one write to the person advertising the Solid in such a way? I just don't believe it! To put it bluntly, I am gob-smacked! blink.gif

#41 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:23 PM

blink.gif I was thinking of bidding on it. Something didn't seem right. I couldn't figure it out. The nob or whatever it's called is missing from the top. Duh. I feel so dumb. ohmy.gif

Guess it's more of them warehouse sales. mad.gif

This doesn't seem like misrepresentation. Misrepresentation occurs when mint condition solids are pictured and the seller sends a broken one instead. And/or seller lies about the condition etc. In this case, the items are clearly pictured. They say "mint" probably because they look physically okay--meaning not scratched or dented. I assume they don't collect or know much. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's I see it. ph34r.gif unsure.gif

I agree these items are junk. I don't like incomplete/damaged solids. I bought a couple in the past because they were hard to find (pear with missing stone).

Actually, I worry about solid sellers who list an Avon and say "Estee Lauder" instead. Getting tired of seeing those auctions pop up during searches. ph34r.gif

#42 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:44 PM

Hi Greyhound, Misrepresentation to me, means writing that the solid is in excellent condition when it obviously is not! I mean, how can I describe something as in excellent condition with a handle broken off? Now if someone is looking at the picture and doesn't know that there was a handle there in the first instance, then they are not being told the truth! To write something that is not in accordance with how it should be, surely is mis-representation. Oh dear, I could go on! Right, my 'trusted friend' quote.....give a false account of....represent wrongly.....So, if they say it is excellent, this is not so!

Thank goodness you didn't bid on that piece of junk! OOps........

smile.gif

#43 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:16 PM

I also think it's "Misrepresentation", any flaws should be mentioned in the description. I e-mailed this Seller twice now about the Peas in Pod and she still states that the Peas are not missing!! She is supposed to send me another Picture, but I don't think I will bid on it.

P.S.: This Seller can't spell for Peas!! blink.gif blink.gif

#44 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:26 PM

Hi Greyhound -

Please don't feel dumb. I had to look at the Roulette Wheel for about 5 minutes before I could figure out that the "Finial" on the top was missing. Or the "Spinner" or whatever one calls it.

You're a Collector, so you obviously know what Mint is...using that term for ANY of her solids is total misrepresentation. Jacky and Denise are 100% correct. She could easily say..."useable but keep it hidden from your relatives"....or..."nice gift for the doggy to play with" or something that would make more sense than Mint, don't you agree? Oh God, I hope I'm not stirring things up again.

Hey, Greyhound....was thinking about you last weekend in Philly. Saw a beautiful statue of what I thought (DUH) was a greyhound, but it turned out to be something called a "Whippet". Then Horchow's catalog had another one standing, and it's a gorgeous dog, but it's ribs are so obvious you just want to feed the poor thing. (Maybe it was living at the castle with only a headless cat to keep it company?) ohmy.gif

Can you please tell me the major difference between a Greyhound and a Whippet. And I agree...the way I saw them featured made beautiful pieces of art.

Would appreciate your expertise in this to make me feel a teensy bit more intelligent. Did I mention I once tried to pet a huge cat on the street in New York, when my son informed me to run....it was a rat?

Oh well...look forward to your explanation of the differences! smile.gif

Take care,
Michele
user posted image

#45 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 06:44 PM

Ha ha, a RAT! Not the male? Listen, I am trying to go to sleep but with all the activity, seems like another late night!

Well Michele, you had also better sort out the headless cat! Go back to the correct column and check it out. They say Lisa is on the prowl!

So forget what you are supposed to be doing and just do it! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users