• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#16 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:23 PM

I'd also like to add my 'tuppenceworth' to this. Apart from the fact that this seller is raking in a lot of money he/she also has 100% positive feedback. Are we all the daft ones who spend our hard earned cash on 'real' solids. Perhaps I should go around the waste baskets at work and sell any pens, paper, waterbottles (refilled from the tap a-la-coca-cola) et al! There has to be a market for just about anything in this world. It's true what they say, "One man's meat is another man's poison".
Come to Reson and/or Vegas the quality will be a lot better.

#17 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:28 PM

DISCLAIMER to DISCLAIMER:

I'LL BET THEY USED THE SOLID PARTS TO FIX THE COMPUTER. tongue.gif

THAT'S ALL THEY LOOK LIKE THEY MIGHT BE WORTH! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Your turn, Ann! ph34r.gif

#18 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:38 PM

You really want me to think?????
Beyond my pay grade.
I only punch numbers LOL. laugh.gif laugh.gif

All joking aside- I just didn't want anyone to think I would recomend buying these.
Just doing a favor for a friend.

Ann

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 03:30 PM

Nothing wrong with anyone wanting to have one of these solids, I have purchased empty solids and occasionly a solid with a missing stone. I just have a problem with someone who thinks they are getting a "rare prototype" or a solid in mint condition when parts are missing.

One man's trash is another man's treasure unsure.gif

#20 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:14 PM

Yeah - it's hard to watch someone getting "sucked in" by paying exorbitant money for 'broken' things. I told you the term 'Mint condition' has taken on a whole new meaning!!

Maybe the seller is just extra clumsy!! dry.gif

#21 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:11 PM

Sandra,

Yes, I think the term Mint has taken on a new meaning, as far as what meaning? I have no idea laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hey, maybe I will bid on the Cowgirl Compact, but I better ask a thousand questions first ph34r.gif ph34r.gif I don't want those Peas, they look like they Stink and should be put out to the Garbage biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

But then again, maybe someone has some Extra Green Balls hanging around rolleyes.gif .....
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:33 PM

What a punch line! I must go look at all of these.....seems like you're on the ball, Denise!

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:40 PM

Yeah Denise - nice pun about the balls hanging around. Won't touch that one though (I'll leave it to Jacky)!! laugh.gif

Also, your use of the word 'Stink' makes me think of a skunk, and that'd be a nice addition for a Jay Strongwater solid, wouldn't it?

#24 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:41 PM

PS. I ain't bidding on nuttin' from that seller!!

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:54 PM

Yes Sandra, I can see your word association is working well tonight! You can keep your Skunk solid.....who on earth would want one of those? And as for your remark about Denise's comments, think you should have the courage of your convictions and not leave it to me to be balled out by L & J. I've heard of being blackball'd (my friend here refers to that under the reject sign), but not the others........

So, as I stated previously, I am back to solids! I may yet have to delete this post! Stop getting me into trouble Sandra! Thank goodness Denise has been taken over by GoogleBot.......No more fun-puns!

#26 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:00 PM

My Goodness! I just realized how my line about Green Balls sounded! I take it back, I take it back! LOLOLOL! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:04 PM

laugh.gif TOO LATE!! laugh.gif It's been read and commented on!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
thanks for the laughs!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#28 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:11 PM

Yes Denise! Too Late! We enjoyed the puns and the green ones.....plus the peas and....... cool.gifff

#29 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 08:54 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I think you can ask the seller a million questions about the solids for sale but I am not sure you will get the correct answers because I think this seller has no clue about the solids themselves. huh.gif

#30 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:00 PM

You know, I was cleaning up the kitchen and thinking about the "rare" solids and my response to Ann. Ann, it's perfectly ok to bid on these, especially for a friend or as an extra (if they're decent). However, it occurred to me that some less than honest bidders might want them to use the "parts" (stones, chips of enamel, whatever) to "fix" up their damaged solids and resell them as "Mint." Hmmmmmmmm............................... blink.gif

In all fairness to sellers, I have been SO lucky in bidding and buying it's incredible! There are still a lot of very nice sellers out there. But again, I checked feedback, asked questions, and bid reasonably.

Just pondering while in denial over doing dishes. THEN I had to turn on the dishwasher. Our lives are not easy, are they? laugh.gif

Michele
user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users