Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:28 PM

The damaged solids are coming out of RI. mad.gif

#137 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:49 PM

Supposedly, all the solids are now manufactured in Canada...at least, that's what the person from E.L. in New York told me. Anyone else have any info on this?

#138 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 10:51 PM

Exactly. It's either Providence or Cranston. Interesting that the clock on the Strongwater site was defective also. Especially since his manufacturing plant is so near Cranston.

However, I do believe the seller lives in Providence. What say, Lisa? Help me out here. Need to know if we're in agreement on the same seller.

Did I mention we're going on a little trip in July to Rhode Island? Always wanted to visit the summer mansions of the "old rich" from the 1920's and '30's. Rockefeller's, Vanderbilt's, etc....and possibly a side trip here and there....

#139 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:54 AM

The cases are made in RI and shipped to Canada for filling. Thats why so many are sold empty from RI , they didn't get shipped to Canada. From Canada then shipped to store receiving centers to be shipped to the stores . Thats why some stores get them before others and some stores wait to put them out when they have an event going on.

The Harrods solids are shipped to Harrods and I have to pay $30 to have it shipped back here. mad.gif

Ann

#140 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:40 AM

Since Rhode Island is about the size of a postage stamp (isn't it our smallest State?), it's amazing that BOTH Lauder and Strongwater manufacture their products there. Wonder how close they are in proximity? Wonder where their dumpsters are? tongue.gif So many dumpsters...so little time! laugh.gif

The Harrod's shipping thing is another topic...will have to think about that one. Seems kind of ridiculous if they're going to be shipped back here anyway. Then again, look at all the solids that have to be shipped to Europe from stores here. Glad I don't work in their purchasing/shipping/receiving department. I'd just divide everything up evenly and send out the exact quantity to every store, regardless of what continent they're on! laugh.gif

#141 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:53 PM

My understanding is that Victoria Co. makes the Strongwater solid cases also.
Jay Strongwater only designs them just like Leiber and other famous folks and Victoria makes them .

Another good question to ask just to make sure.

But it makes sense since empty Strongwater solids were sold out of RI.

Ann

#142 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:27 PM

So, basically what you're saying is a company called the Victoria Co. out of Rhode Island makes/manufactures the lines for both Lauder and Strongwater. Leiber also? Which means there's only one common dumpster. Which in turn explains why there's so many really, really cheap Strongwater items - like hundreds of dollars less than retail - on eBay. (Most of the Strongwater items are pretty nice...only a few exceptions. You just have to be really careful, examine each picture, and ask questions of the seller.)

I was under the impression each company had their own private little manufacturing plant...sort of a "mom & pop" thing going on....duh... blink.gif blink.gif

You really have to sit me down and give me a lesson on these companies! I'm getting quite an education here! ohmy.gif I guess "Ignorance (really) is bliss!" huh.gif

#143 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:50 PM

Hi Ann and Michele !
I think there are two companys on Rhode Island one is Victoria and Co. and the other is for the Strongwaters. As you remember my Strongwater frog had a missing stone and I asked Victoria and Co. to help me out. What I got was a letter from Strongwater with the stones biggrin.gif. Strongwater has a different adress than Victoria but both are on RI.

Greetings !
Michaela

#144 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:52 PM

Please enlighten me! Isn't the seller on Ebay of the Palace without stones, our real gold......!

And will this be more collectable without the stones? If so, we can all have fun removing them can't we?! rolleyes.gif cool.gif

#145 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:07 PM

Jacky !
Nice idea we create than some new ones again. Remember the mermaidkittys laugh.gif .
The Taj Mahal maybe with some red stones - or new idea we buy the mermaid body and replace the stones in the Taj Mahal biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif . Uglyyyyyyyyy.

Michaela

#146 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:47 PM

ohmy.gif OMG!! All this information~ The plot(s) thicken . . . . . dry.gif

Michele - I can imagine you fighting for the solids in the big dumpsters!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

#147 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:47 PM

Sandra -

I'm actually looking for something in a light lavender for Dumpster Diving. What do you think? laugh.gif

Yes, it is too much information! My head's pounding! sad.gif blink.gif sad.gif

#148 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:07 PM

Don't forget your helmet!! laugh.gif

#149 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:17 PM

Got it! biggrin.gif Now must go out and buy some noseplugs! laugh.gif

Have to run along here....

user posted image

#150 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:58 PM

hmmm . . . from your footprints, it looks like your a little drunk .. . . or VERY pigeon-toed . . . . actually, I'll go for the pigeon-toed because it IS a straight line your walking . . . . tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users