• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#1 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 07:08 AM

Have to get this out of my system. IMHO, the wacko wacko.gif that's listing all the garbage solids on eBay is doing nothing more than bringing down the value of a once beautiful collectible. sad.gif Also IMHO, anyone who bids on this trash is simply contributing to the demise of Solid Collecting as we all know it. sad.gif It would be a lot cheaper to simply take a hammer to your own collection and reduce it to a pile of rubbish. blink.gif

Anyone even remotely contemplating beginning collecting who see's that junk will be turned off in a heartbeat. sad.gif

The more we humor this LOSER, the worse it's going to get. mad.gif Whoever it is, they're having a really good laugh at the expense of solid collectors all over the world. Very, very sad day for all of us, free country or not. sad.gif

There, now I feel better.... blink.gif

Good day to all!

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:57 AM

While I totally agree with you mostly, I would think getting a good price for the "junk" would raise the price of the MIB.

And if not then we always have the option of taking the hammer to our MIB.

Plus MIB collecters have the option of selling the box seperate from the solid and from what I see the box can bring big bucks so the avantage goes to the MIB collecters. biggrin.gif

In the end we will win!!!!! ( I think)

Ann

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 05:58 PM

Yep - I agree with Ann - we will 'win' in the end Michele, so don't worry about it.

What irks me even more is how they get their hands on such items.

MIB is going to be worth it in the end, although I have to say that the usage of MIB is beginning to sound like the 'exclusive' term . . . . ie - NOT!!

Of course, it all depends who you buy from and how as to whether you have recourse or not.

Anyway, the solution is simple - If you don't like it (what you see on Ebay), don't buy it!! There are more important things in life to worry about!!

#4 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:33 PM

I missed a lot of good chat while away this weekend, I did however just see this solid on ebay and am very disturbed by it, I strongly believe that this solid was doctored to represent a "rare" prototype. Looking at the way Lauder does solids emamel is NOT applied to the inside where the perfume solid sits.

Please be careful at what you bid on and please let's not let someone who is not a collector take avantage of us!

red cat's meow

What are your thoughts on this piece?

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:35 PM

After looking at this solid again I now think that the lovely "rare" red color does not look like enamel at all, in my opinion it looks just like a red Revlon nail polish that I have. dry.gif

#6 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:49 PM

It honestly looks to me as if it was spray painted RED WITH THE CAT OFF - then the cat was glued back on top. Notice the photo's - THERE IS NO SIDE SHOT - THAT WOULD ELIMINATE THE CHANCE OF ANYONE SEEING PUDDLES OF GLUE AROUND THE CAT! ohmy.gif Of course, that's just IMHO! ohmy.gif

Once again....good night! And be careful out there! blink.gif

Michele

#7 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:57 PM

I don't think it's too well centered, either. dry.gif

#8 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:19 AM

I took a look at this Cat on the Red Pillow, and when I clicked on the bottom picture which shows the inside of the compact, the glaze or polish?? looks wrinkled near the stamp (I can't even make out the stamp). I think this compact was most definitely tampered with......

#9 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:48 AM

Well, the ending price of the auction was $241, at that price I think I should spray paint some of mine and make call them "rare" and make a fortune.

Seriously, it really makes me angry that people are getting away with this. mad.gif

#10 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:46 AM

Unbelievable...and again, very sad day. sad.gif

#11 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:27 PM

The same Seller now has the Estee Peapod Compact for sale (besides others) and when I looked at the middle picture, it looks to me that the "Pea" is broken off when the Seller states the Pea is "small", what's going on?

The Seller states that he/she "primarily sells Vintage Jewelry Parts" and as a person who used to be in the Jewelry Business, how can this Seller not see if the Pea's are small or broken? Duhhhh, Jewelry Business? What a bunch of PODS! blink.gif blink.gif

Peapod

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:06 PM

The last two peas are missing all together! Obviously not a collector or they would know better. All of these solids have defects or are missing parts.

I wonder how Lauder feels about this, why do they let it go on???
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

#13 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:19 PM

Check out the Roulette Wheel. Finial broken off. Looks like the entire thing is falling apart. Foggy top...can't see inside very well. Total mess. Can't believe Lauder allows this to go on...and on...and on...

#14 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 01:32 PM

Yes, I did see it, the violin also is missing the strings, stand and bow yet it is "mint" condition. I feel bad for the buyers that don't know any better and think they are getting the solid that is worthy of being sold in stores. mad.gif

#15 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 02:13 PM

DISCLAIMER!!!!

I bid on one of her autions for someone( not Liliane LOL ) that was having a computer problem and won the item . It was sent directly to the person so I never saw it.

It was received and reported to be fine. But we both read the discription very good before the bid. We did leave postive feedback as it was as discribed and the shipping was very fast.

However, I would not recomend this seller unless you read and know exactly what you are getting . Also it seems as the items are getting worse in condition, the first auctions were not to bad. As always - BUYER BEWARE.

Ann

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users