• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#16 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:17 PM

Sandra - With my sense of direction (or lack of), I'd spend 1.25 days wandering around, bumping into stone walls, trying to find the Grand Ballroom. sad.gif

Is that a pool...or a moat? Or both? blink.gif

Michele
user posted image

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:28 PM

laugh.gif God you make me laugh, Michele!! laugh.gif

If you're bumping into stone walls, maybe it's your eyesight, not your sense of direction that you should be worried about! laugh.gif

I'll offer you a guide dog for your stay. laugh.gif

#18 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:36 PM

Sandra -

Make sure that puppy can swim 'cause we all know I'll be the first to trip and fall into the pool/moat! rolleyes.gif

Michele

user posted image

#19 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:47 PM

Did anyone notice any screens, storm windows or central air in that place? And how could we heat something so large? There could be a down side here...... huh.gif I say we all go over and "explore" before we bid! Just don't leave me in the pool with a concussion....do a head count before everyone departs, ok?

user posted image

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 04:39 AM

This is all too deep for me! cool.gif smile.gif

#21 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 07:08 PM

C'mon Jack, it could be the headquarters of solidperfume.com and therefore tax deductable (or something!) Then EL could do a solid perfume of it and you could get 10% of the sales! Does that help? I'm sure your pets would love the grounds to roam around in. Lady Lisa of Lees has a ring to it don't you think???? I know Madona was thinking of a Scottish home wonder if she'll bid?

#22 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 11:11 PM

Only 10%!?! That's a bit miserly!! I vote for 50% or freebies like the rich and famous get . . . the ones that LEAST need to get freebies!!! dry.gif

Then Jack MAY want to consider it!!

#23 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 10:59 AM

Jack - you must calculate that again! You did not see, it has 14 Bedrooms and 5+ Bedrooms (what ever that means). In addition it has two Lodge houses. That results in completely other average per member.

Have you seen that??? With the sale of the Barony of Lee is conveyed the right to the Titles of Baron or Baroness, including titles for other family members.

So - if we buy this Castle all together, everyone of us could sell the title of Baron or Baronessfor to three different relatives for $ 10'000. - - (or to six different relatives for $ 5'000.--). They can be also distant relatives!!! That results then in $ 30'000. - - per member!!! At the conclusion thus became then only an investment of $612.-- per member. I think $ 612.-- for a so big Castle would be nevertheless not too much - or ..... ?????

I have to make then still another suggestion. Jack would be then our manager. With a administrations fee of $ 38. - - per member Lisa and you could make finally the desired European trip.

#24 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 11:06 AM

Whom do we make our check out to??? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Ann & Ken

#25 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 11:19 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif My checkbook is ready and waiting...who wants to contact the Realtor??? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Note: I can only find 2 Bathrooms. ohmy.gif Probably one at each end of the Castle. Which means we'd probably have to:

1) Plan ahead or...
2) Run like the wind!

This should be fun! laugh.gif laugh.gif

user posted image

#26 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 11:34 AM

Per Nancy, Future Headquarters of Solidperfume.com!

user posted image

#27 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:48 PM

TALLY HO! biggrin.gif

#28 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 02:14 PM

Martha, you are funny! Bring on the hounds!

#29 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 08:50 PM

a.

#30 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 05:28 AM

Wow Liliane, now I know why people stash money is Swiss banks. You're amazing!
Michele, thanks for the great link. I am hopless with things like that. 14 bedrooms doesn't sound much for a Castle of that size does it? I am a big fan of Pugin though and I'd really love a tour around the place. We could all do one day every so often and charge tourists a fortume so that $612 out would be $$$$'s in by the time we's finished! Still worried about the dusting though! not my favourite job - in fact I hate housework, I'd rather shop for solids!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users