• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#211 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 03:55 AM

'Knit two, pearl one, drop some' Denise laughed as her fingers twitched from one stitch to another. A huge clatter made her practically jump off her chair. Turning a deeper shade of pale, she rushed outside towards the noise.

'Oh! Oh! I should have guessed it would be you!'

Michele stood in front of her, rooted to the spot. Her face was pale and her hair dishevelled. 'What's wrong Michele? Are you all-WHITE!????????'
Michele stood still, dumbfounded, unable to speak. 'You're speechless!' Denise cried out in surprise....'Michele, what's happened to you! Are you all-WHITE?'

Denise sighed with relief as Don, Margaret, Sandra and Martha could be seen running as fast as they could to where she stood. 'Woweeeeee! Don exclaimed, 'that was quite something runnin back down those steps......!'

Michele smiled, glad to see her friends surrounding her and feeling contentment with their presense..... 'Boy, am I glad to see you all!' she exclaimed, her eyes now beginning to fill with tears........ 'That was quite something' she continued, 'and I never thought the WHITE ONE would do that to me. NEVER!'
The group listened intently as she explained. 'He sort of took me over!' she continued, 'the WHITE ONE. He sort of drew me in, and as much as I tried, I couldn't get out..........until..........' 'Until????????????????' everyone asked, 'Until................?' Michele drew a deep breath, 'Until I got down to the last green bottle.......and......and, suddenly there was going to be NO GREEN BOTTLES HANGING ON THE WALL, and........and.......that is when he pulled me over. Tumbling, tumbling, tumbling downwards and I thought............' 'WHAT, WHAT?' they all called out. 'I would be broken to pieces, smashed to smitherines!'

cont...........

#212 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:04 AM

The black coated figure, his ice blue eyes set in a hollow face surrounded by a shock of white hair, his thin neck supported by a white dog collar, stared back at them. He smiled, a slow thin smile which grew and grew and grew until his whole countenance exhuded warmth and love!

'You all did well' he began. 'You all did exceedingly well, and Michele, you finally broke the WHITE SPIRIT! Who would have thought,' he continued, stooping down to retrieve a piece of green glass, 'that TEN GREEN BOTTLES HANGING ON A WALL would have helped you to do that!!!!!!!'

The group watched as the black frocked figure fumbled with his cloak. 'This is for you........this is for you all to keep and treasure!' he said handing them HIS COAT OF ARMS! 'Take it now and enjoy! Enjoy the sunshine and the warm days. Enjoy the cold nights and the snow. Enjoy all that you have and all that is around you. These are solid relationships and this.........he pointed to the walls of the Castle, this is yours for now and evermore! This you have conquered and all is done.............'

the end!

there was one green bottle hanging on a wall, one green bottle hanging on a wall, and if one green bottle should accidentally fall there.............WOULD BE A CASTLE!

rolleyes.gif

#213 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:01 AM

BRAVO! Thanks everyone for a very enjoyable tale ... and for a great ending, Jacky!

"If one green bottle should accidentally fall ... take a swig and pass it around." tongue.gif

#214 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:01 PM

Same here Martha! Thanks to you all for joining in the Spirit of things. No more stories for a while!!!!!!!!! If you want one all of you can start...........giving it a Rest..on.......... blink.gif sorry about that!

smile.gif

there was one green bottle.............

#215 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:00 PM

sad.gif Phew - it's over . . . . . that was exhausting!!

I've just come back from a little break away . . . . down to Kangaroo land you could say . . . anyway, it was lovely to come back and read the ending. Thanks, Jacky! cool.gif

But I have one question . . . do we REALLY have to share the castle????? ph34r.gif

That Don, you know - well he's a real bully!! (kidding Don, kidding!!) laugh.gif

#216 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:29 AM

I should say it was exhausting!!!!! Have never come across so many twists and turns..........and then, YOU disappeared Sandra, and Don and Margaret disappeared and.........Denise kept on knitting.......and where did Martha go! So a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do..........and HEH PRESTO, the Green Bottles saved the day.........well Michele anyway! cool.gif

Glad you are back Sandra! I know the Ozzies will stick around! As for cricket? That's not cricket Sandra! Wait until Wimbledon.......then you'll be ohmy.gif dry.gif

As for sharing the Castle, I don't think we have anything to worry about, but let's not REST-on our................! Maybe Don and Margaret have gone to the wrong place? unsure.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users