• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 01:21 PM

I thought that this will perhaps interest some other collectors too.
I arranged this article for my privat documentation.

NEIMAN MARCUS PRESENTS
JUDITH LEIBER
PURSE / PILL BOX

Pictured here is a Brand New Neiman Marcus designer commissioned gift adornment. Neiman Marcus commissions a well-known Designer, to come up with a wonderful piece of art, to adorn the gift wrapping, of their ever so famous gifts from the Neiman Marcus Book.

Neiman Marcus has been doing this since 1997, when the first one was Emelia Castilla, a well known artist with a Southwest flair. There was also Rebecca Collins, Stephen Dweck, John Hardy and the recently retired miniature picture frame clips by Jay Strongwater.

The purse pictured here is a brand new piece by the Designer Judith Leiber. This beautiful little purse or pillbox, actually opens to hold pills or small change/coins. It has pink and blue bears on the front and signed on the back Judith Leiber for Neiman Marcus, this purse is for 2004 Gift Wrap. There is also a purse with six butterflies in front and one in alligator style.

It measures 2 3/8" X 2 1/2".
It opens and measures 2 3/8" X 4".

Sorry - unfortunately I could not copy the photos to this pages.
Those among you, who do not know how they look like, can look up
the pictures under the following Item numbers on eBey:
2696667085 & 3466964672 & 2231407192

#2 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:48 PM

Liliane,

Thanks so much for your informative post. I looked these up on Ebay, and all I can say is "WOW!" If Judith Leiber is going to be designing solids for EL, this is very exciting, as the purses are wonderful! Love the detail! Did you see the Toucan charm? Liked this one, too. biggrin.gif

#3 Debbie

Debbie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 01:40 AM

LILIANE,
THANKS FOR THE SITE TO SEE JL PILL PURSES....
I'M QUITE EXCITED TO SEE IF SHE WILL BE DESIGNING FOR EL AND WHAT SHE WILL BE DESIGNING, I'M SURE SHE WILL DO ONE WITH ALOT OF BLING BLING. cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

KEEP US INFORMED.
THANKS
DEBBIE cool.gif

#4 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 08:56 AM

Thanks, Liliane! I noticed these new purse boxes the other day at Neiman's. I think I am going to have to have something gift wrapped for myself just so I can get one. They are adorable!

Jeanette smile.gif

#5 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 06:46 PM

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif You are very welcome rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

What is a žToucan charmÓ Martha???

Debbie and Martha - this year probably nobody of us knows jet, which solids at Christmas appear.
Unfortunately also probably nobody knows with security, whether JUDITH LEIBER really creates solids for Est»e Lauder.

Yes Janette - I think also, they are adorable! I present them together with solids like the silvertone žVictorian Style BootÓ, žStraw HatÓ, žPrecious PouchÓ and so on.
Also all GWP (Gift With Purchase) of JAY STRONGWATER, the butterfly keychain, the small butterfly mirror, as well as several very small frams, are realy all beautiful.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Have all a wonderful Weekend!
Greetings from Switzerland biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Liliane (soon sleeping)

#6 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 12 March 2004 - 07:09 PM

Liliane,

Below is a link to the Judith Leiber "Toucan Charm."

http://cgi.ebay.com/...&category=15732

#7 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 05:01 AM

Hi Matha !
The toucan looks very beautiful and detailed. So many colours biggrin.gif .
It would be nice to see a toucan as a solid perfume rolleyes.gif .

Greetings !
Michaela

#8 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 06:17 AM

Thank you very much Martha!
As Michaela says, it's beautiful and detailed - absolutely wonderful!
I like it even mor, then which I saw so far from JL.

Enjoy your Weekend,

Liliane

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:10 AM

Sorry to have to write this but a friend has just brought back the three Judith Leiber pill boxes. As they are in the shape of handbags she bought them for her daughter. I honestly think they are cheap and tacky looking. Not, in my personal opinion, indicative of her beautiful creative work!

Shoot me down in flames, but I have been an admirer of her creations for a long while, and am so very disappointed in these offerings!

ph34r.gif

#10 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:40 AM

I have to agree, Jackie. I bought one on e-bay and am really disappointed. sad.gif In fact, I just put it back in the box. It is NOT J.L. quality...IMHO.

Mimi

#11 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:04 PM

But Ladies-- it is a free gift!!!

Ann

#12 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 01:27 PM

Hi Ann, They actually paid for these items (only due to the fact that their daughter is handbag mad)! Think they were about $7 - $10 each (not sure). sad.gif
Didn't want to purchase anything else.

Meanwhile another question? Don't you have to pay for the gift wrapping? Do you also have to spend a certain amount of money to acquire these?

I rest my case (or my handbag)! Whichever! wink.gif

Either way Ann, I really was so very disappointed that with her reputation and creativity, the name J.L is attributed to these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Glad you didn't shoot me in the proverbial!
Sorry you were also disappointed Mimi. Nice to hear I am not on my own despite your disappointment.............. rolleyes.gif

#13 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 03:35 PM

The JL pill boxes are put on the bow ( the ring) when you purchase at NM.
Not sure about any certain amount you have to spend.

I always have my stuff (solids) giftwrapped and NM charges my credit card( $7.00 for gift wrap) and then takes it off so there is no charge to me.

Last year they used Jay Strongwater MIni frames. ( $6.50 ).

They are very nice IF you don't have to pay for them.

Ann

#14 Liliane

Liliane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 03:45 PM

Hi Mimi

Sorry you are disappointed sad.gif sad.gif

I kind of like them since they are free. The real Judith Lieber purses are very expensive, so it is a good way to have one, for not much dollars.

Sorry we won't see you in Las Vegas!!!

Have a nice evening!

Liliane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users