• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 09:10 AM

Here it is. Wow, now that's a solid!! Price is 300 British pounds, with the conversion rate now that's about $450 US dollars. The price will vary slightly.
user posted image
Thanks Michaela! [Big Grin]

[ August 31, 2002, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#2 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 11:11 PM

What in the world is that!! I have been out of the loop lately so someone PLEASE fill me in on this solid of the Harrods Building!!!! Are my eyes really seeing a solid or what??????
Thanks and I shall wait for a reply in the a.m.

Regards to everyone!!! Pamela

#3 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 09:19 AM

Pamela,

The above solid is just one of the Harrods exclusive solids this year. It is a replica of the Harrods building in London. The other solids will be a Harrods teddy bear (125 British pounds) and the Harrods delivery van. [Razz] No photos of these yet.
If you would like to order solids the email address for Harrods is: perfumery@harrods.com The web site address is: www.Harrods.com and the phone number:
020 7730 1234

[ September 01, 2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Lisa ]

#4 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 10:09 AM

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for posting the picture of the Harrod's solid. I'm not sure if I like it? do you? It's a little strange but different (no?) but I'm sure it's better in person?

Colette

#5 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 10:29 AM

Colette,

I'm not sure about it either. I would like to know how big it is, I don't collect the larger solids like the Ferris wheel.

Like you stated, I'm sure it is quite impressive in person. We'll have to wait and see!! [Smile]

#6 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 04:24 PM

What are some thoughts on this solid? I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

#7 EsteeMania

EsteeMania

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 04:38 PM

[Eek!] [Confused] [Roll Eyes] Like Colette said - I guess you just have to see it in person to appreciate it. When someone actually has it in their hands please let us all know. Thank you for the picture Lisa.

#8 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:06 PM

We have it on order so as soon as we get it we will post opinion. Also on the van and bear.

We are told it will be "soon".

Ann and Ken

#9 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 September 2002 - 05:50 PM

To tell you the truth, I was more excited hearing about this solid than looking at it. I thought it would be smaller....perhaps, a replica of the front with a plain backside. I'm not purchasing it because it's too cost prohibited [Eek!] ....98%of the time buy solids under $200 (however, the new dragonfly solid will make up 2%). [Cool]

#10 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 07:05 PM

Greyhound,
The dragonfly solid is worth it.

Take care,
Colette

#11 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 10:25 PM

Colette, [Smile]

You misinterpret what I said. I must be careful in message boards. [Smile] What I mean is that the DRAGONFLY will be one of the few solids over $200 I'll purchase....you know the 2% that makes up my collection. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

#12 Colette

Colette

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 September 2002 - 07:19 PM

Greyhound,
I didn't misunderstand. I guess my post was confusing? LOL
I love the dragonfly solid since I collect dragonflies. Now I'll have a dragonfly solid...what more does a girl need. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#13 2Sweet

2Sweet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 07:54 AM

I have been out of the loop a while so I am a little late with this posting...the new Herod ones didn't thrill me but I guess if I was to see the building in London i would want it as a sentimental piece and I know that won't happen. The trip to london is too expensive for me just as the compact is! I feel poor next to some of you big guns out there that buy every compact just to have it...I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!! [Big Grin]

#14 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 September 2002 - 04:46 PM

Hi,

Have been reading your messages with interest re the Harrods collectable due out soon.

I will be going to Harrods to have a look as soon as it is received by them. Apparantly it will be Harrods 4Oth Anniversary (will check this out) and there are a very limited number available. Think approximately 5OO but will re-check that too! The teddy bears will also be limited to 5OO, but as that is such a small amount am wondering if I was given the wrong information.

The cancer awareness compact will be available on lstOctober and lOO will be signed by Liz Hurley. I was also told thatMr.Lauder will be at the signing but whether he will sign the compacts, no-one appears to be sure!

As I live in London and it doesn't take me long to get to Harrods, should you have any queries that I can help with, please let me know.

Best wishes to you all,

Jacqueline

#15 Annette

Annette

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2002 - 11:34 PM

Lisa....
I found the Harrods Telephone number

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic