• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 06:56 AM

Have heard a rumour today that Jay Strongwater will be in London sometime in May.

Sandra, get your skates on and you can ask him your questions then! Meanwhile I look forward to his visit and hope I will be around when he is here!

smile.gif

Also spoke to someone re Judith L today. No doubt you are all aware that she sold out the company some time back. This might account for those awful GWP's bearing her name! Doubt very much that she would ever have commissioned those so.............!

Don't all come at me like a ton of bricks. You are more geared up on the other side of the ocean with your news!

smile.gif

#32 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 05:52 PM

laugh.gif Hey - we don't have ice to skate on over here!! laugh.gif

OK, OK I'm roller skatin' . . .

Am I supposed to be in London in May then? Fine - who's paying? biggrin.gif

Heh, heh . . . Oh YOU'LL do the asking for me, will you? unsure.gif Groovy! laugh.gif

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:17 AM

For my friends over here just to let you know that I have read the little monthly magazine sent out by Harrods.

On 21st May, Jay StrongWater will be downstairs in the Egyptian Hall for a signing from 3 pm onwards. I will check the times again but if you go into the Harrods Website under EVENTS, it gives the details!

So Nancy, Margaret, Maggie.................I shall definitely be going! Any chance you can make it too?

smile.gif

#34 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 07:51 AM

Jacky, I think it's great that you will meet Jay Strongwater.

I met him when he was first designing Solids for Estee Lauder. I didn't want to meet him as I never heard of him then but my Saks Rep kept pushing me to come over to Saks so I did.

At that time I was really sick as I was taking Antibiotics for Lymes and my stomach was queasy. When I arrived, I saw Jay Strongwater but I didn't go over to him for fear that I would get sick on him. So I looked at his Trinkets, bought a Hummingbird Box, and my Rep grabbed me and introduced me to Jay. He struck me as a quiet man, not full of himself, and very sincere. I couldn't help but like him, but because I was so sick, I left as soon as I could! Little did I know then that I would fall in love with all of his Solids biggrin.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif
[/SIZE]

#35 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 09:43 AM

Denise I shall tell him what you said about falling in love with his solids smile.gif This visit, I am told, has nothing to do with EL, so anyone taking the opportunity should remember to go downstairs to the Egyptian Hall! Nancy, take note........remember last visit!

Nancy if you do come, will put you up for the night! Mind you, after the fiasco in Reston, am not surprised you are lying low on the board! Am not panda..ering to you, OK!

Anyway, am really looking forward to meeting him .........................any questions?

wink.gif

#36 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:55 AM

Jacky - Since I was so flustered when I met him, what with him blurting out the new solids and me scribbling the names down, I didn't remember to ask him the questions I had originally written down. Now I can't find the list! sad.gif

So, if you would, could you please ask him if he's going to continue to design solid perfume compacts for Estee Lauder or is this his last group? I got the impression this was his 3rd and final collection for E.L. from what he was saying, but am not sure. (Even though it's not an Estee Lauder signing, he WILL sign an occasional solid if you take it along...he signed my Fiery Fox along with my Leopard and a little trinket I bought that day.) biggrin.gif

Oh...if he does sign something for you, you get a really neat certificate stating the date it was signed, where, his documentation, etc. Looks good enough to frame! Obviously in one of his frames...perfect size. laugh.gif Also, you will get a really neat key chain he designed.

Also...if he's not going to be doing E.L. compacts, is he going to start a line of his own with solid perfume? Since he's not planning on being in Las Vegas for the Convention, we can't ask him there. The man is always on the move!

Oh...tell him the nut case from King of Prussia in Philadelphia said hi! oooops...tell him I did keep quiet and I still have his sticky note pad. If he wants it back, it will cost him! laugh.gif

Wish I could find my list. huh.gif

#37 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:23 PM

Will copy down the questions and hopefully won't get flustered! Easier said than done!

Will be taking some items of mine in the hope they will be signed too!

wink.gif

#38 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:29 PM

Hi Jacky
Could you ask him if he's married tongue.gif

#39 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:40 PM

HELLO MAGGIE! WHY DONT YOU COME WITH ME AND WE CAN FIND OUT TOGETHER! smile.gif [/I]

#40 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:56 AM

Finally met Jay Strongwater today, and endorse everything which has been written on the site.

It transpired that there had been a lunch on behalf of the Chelsea Womens Club and I was told the event was not sponsored by Harrods. Nevertheless I did have an opportunity to talk with him and asked a few of the questions which I read on the site.

Firstly he assured me this was not his last collection and that he was very happy working with EL. Secondly, and this is not one hundred percent at present, BUT there maybe a new solid out for the Spring, which they do not usually do, and it will more than likely be a Small Pagoda! This is still a little hush hush ph34r.gif

I must add that it was wonderful to see all his creations (no perfume solids for this event) en masse. Fantastic!!!!!!!! I had to drag myself away as the prices here are no doubt double those in the States, but his work is so very, very tempting. In my next life I am coming back as a Millionairess!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie, I am sorry but I think you will have to stay with Kevin for the moment!

I am now eagerly waiting to see his new solids 'in the flesh!' Also, relevant to some postings some while back, I also think that having his items signed with his accompanying Certificate, is a bonus as far as the Collector is concerned!

smile.gif

#41 Jeanette

Jeanette

Jeanette

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:03 PM

Jacky,

This is exciting news. I do hope Jay Strongwater comes out with a solid in the
Spring. And I'm sure it was hard to breakaway from all of his creations.

Thanks for sharing your visit with us.

Jeanette smile.gif

#42 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:49 PM

Jacky,

I'm so happy that you met Jay Strongwater!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, good for you! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I am also thrilled that this is not his last Collection of Solids, whewwww!!

A small Pagoda, hmmmmmmmm, will stay quiet on that one..... ph34r.gif

Thanks for the Post!!
Denise

#43 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

I wonder if it will march his Pagoda clock?????

Ann

#44 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:37 PM

Jacky,

Thanks for the great information, can't wait to see the new solids whatever it is! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users