• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 07:43 PM

If you had the opportunity to interview Jay Strongwater, what question or questions would you ask him?

Just curious as to your responses, if any. Personally, I'm still frantic over the Cardinal! laugh.gif

A lovely weekend to all....
Michele

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 02:53 AM

Hi Michele.....Just a question? When you say you are 'frantic' about the Cardinal, not sure if it means you like it, or not?

If I were to interview Jay Strongwater, I would probably ask him what he had in mind for the future and how he became involved with E.L. I would also tell him how I love so much of his work, especially my Radiant Sunflower with his unique way of signing his pieces on the back. This particular Solid is very beautiful ....wonder if he is an admirer of the painting of The Sunflowers and whether that inspired him! Lots more questions coming to mind now. Better get my notepad and pencil handy!

wink.gif

#3 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:57 AM

That's exactly the kind of question I had in mind. Where does he get his inspiration? From paintings? Imagination? Vision? Something from childhood?

My favorite from his last collection is still the Fiery Fox, so I guess another question for members is: "What is your favorite Jay Strongwater piece?"

He's going to be here April 17 and I have been asked to have some questions ready to ask...

Anything else you can come up with would be appreciated! smile.gif

Michele

#4 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:33 AM

Since Jay Strongwater has added dogs to his collection, my question would be is he planning on designing a dog for EL. This I would love. biggrin.gif

#5 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:47 AM

Yet another great question! Thanks, Martha. smile.gif Am going to have to print this page out and take it with me. And yes, you're right...he hasn't done dogs or puppies yet in a compact or solid. huh.gif

I guess my question is...will he keep designing for EL or will he branch out on his own? And what perfumes would he use? Although his regular powder compacts are just out-of-this-world so it's not as if he has no experience in the line.

Please...think about it...keep the questions coming!

user posted image

#6 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:07 PM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=teal]Jay Strongwater designed a white enamel and clear crystal (some yellow crystals) rose trinket box. It has a sage green stem. I would like to know if he would design one for Estee Lauder solid perfume.

#7 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 01:49 PM

This just gets better & better! Requests for specific designs are something I didn't think about until Martha and Barb brought it up. Wouldn't it be great if he would respond directly to this site, using the names of the members asking the questions! rolleyes.gif

Think I'm going to ask if that would be ok with him. smile.gif

Thanks, Barb....

Michele user posted image

#8 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:05 PM

Nice to see you back, Michele !

Never mind Jay, but "Where have YOU been?" wink.gif

#9 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 11:46 PM

Hi Sandra -

It's not where I've been...It's where I'm at....and I'm right here...still.

Thanks for asking... rolleyes.gif
Michele

#10 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:43 PM

Another question Michele. Would he consider producing some solids in limited editions. Would he be happy to have a Collectors Club with special items made in this respect. The same way as Swarovski does for their collectors.

#11 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 05:57 PM

Collectors club is a great idea! Limited editions would be great also. cool.gif

I'd ask him if he would make a greyhound solid. Or, a greyhound figure for his collection. America lacks quality greyhound items....if you're lucky to find some, everything looks hideous. I wouldn't be able to find anything if it weren't for ebay UK. I don't know why there are tons of Scottish Terrier items? I don't even know anyone who has one as a pet. Sorry, just my pet peeve. ph34r.gif

#12 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:28 PM

Hey Greyhound, you've got to admit, the little Terriers are CUTE !! Have one myself and love him! (Aussie Silky). laugh.gif

#13 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 11:49 AM

As much as I would like to reveal my conversation with Jay Strongwater on the 17th, it's no longer possible. You see, somehow the Topic ended up on the "Google" Search Engine and leads directly here! sad.gif Sort of opens up the topic to the whole world, when it was only meant for solidperfume.com. Guess I forgot this is the "World Wide Web!"

Anyway, it was a nice "visit." Jay Strongwater is a charming, gentle man...and a gentleman. Has a wonderful sense of humor and a beautiful laugh. I can honestly say it was time well spent with a very articulate, intelligent, friendly person who also happens to be an outstanding artist.

Sandra...greyhound...Martha...am afraid you won't be seeing any doggies this year. At least, not in a solid.

Jay...if you're reading this, I figured out the answer to "Animal, Vegetable or Mineral?" It's "None of The Above!" laugh.gif

Thanks again for a very special time! wub.gif

#14 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:19 PM

"No longer possible"??

Michele, I'm glad you had a great time sharing with Jay and asking questions . . . but I am boggled that you don't want to share those moments with us here. I respect that, but don't understand why you can't answer the above questions that you requested from the members here unless you didn't get to ask them.

Personally what he said to you doesn't really concern me as I don't collect Strongwater things, but for the other members here, I think it's just polite to finish what you started.

Their questions were simple and I don't think it the other 'world' would gain anything by it.

But anyway, that's up to you naturally. We did warn everyone about "The Googlebot!"

#15 Michele

Michele

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 07:17 PM

So THAT'S what a googlebot is! I couldn't figure that one out! laugh.gif

And yes, Sandra, you're absolutely right. It's not fair to keep answers from the members who asked the questions. Unfortunately, most of the questions were about solids. Since he's under contract to Estee Lauder, he really can't say anything at all about them. Nothing! Bummer, as we say here. sad.gif I did try, really. To the point of really unnerving his "assistant." Poor thing. And she probably is very nice in the real world. hummmmm....sigh...... I'm sure she calmed down once I left.

Other than that, you have to realize I was "gob-smacked" from the get-go...just talking with him, so I did forget quite a bit of what I was to ask. But the solids were "off limits" totally. However, I did get one answer, vague as it was, about the doggies! Come on, Sandra...a little credit here! smile.gif

However, he does read this site, which I thought was really neat, so I'm sure he's given some thought of his own to your questions. Whether or not he answers them...only time will tell.

Does any of this make sense? I truly tried...and I'm really sorry I let you down. sad.gif Maybe next time, if it ever comes, I'll have my wits about me and think about something other than solids! blink.gif

Question for Jack - How does a specific "Topic" from this site get on the "Google" site? That really floored me....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users