• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 01:17 PM

Just a heads up for all our members, there's a nasty little email virus going around that has a variety of subjects and messages. It may even appear to come from someone you know.

You can tell when you get it though, it will always have a .zip file attached and it will give you a number required to open it.

Needless to say, DON'T open the zip file.

-Jack

#2 Charlotte

Charlotte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE(Jack @ Mar 3 2004, 06:30 PM)
Just a heads up for all our members, there's a nasty little email virus going around that has a variety of subjects and messages. It may even appear to come from someone you know.

You can tell when you get it though, it will always have a .zip file attached and it will give you a number required to open it.

Needless to say, DON'T open the zip file.

-Jack

Yes, Jack

I've already received it. The appearing sender was Swisslady and the attach was "attach.zip", but Norton antivirus stopped it. The virus was Beagle32.

Charlotte

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 03:18 AM

Jack is that the NETSKY VIRUS WARNING which I received from my friend in Canada?

Really worrying that it uses names of people we know! Jack, is there any way we can identify ourselves as the 'real thing'?

#4 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:39 AM

Virii are generally transmitted through attached files. If you receive an email with an attached file - even from someone you know - it is best not to open the attachment until you verify that it actually came from the sender or you scan it with anti-virus software.

Of course if you are expecting a certain file to be emailed to you from a certain person, odds are that it's pretty safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users