• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:56 PM

Eh? (Jacky why are they going to the Internet Cafe when they were going there to AVOID the Googlebot . . . . ? I think you have a thing with Internet Cafe's, don't you?)

Uh-huh . . . . (and why are they taking a walk on a long pier??? Doesn't that lead to water . . . . . )

I'm obviously not following your footsteps on this!! Sorry!! ph34r.gif

#47 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:01 PM

read Denise's last post! Don't want to give the plot away! (is there a plot?) Also, recapping, didn't Tony say that Hitchens-Smythe should take a walk off a short pier? Heh, where's ya sense of humour! blink.gif I know in my mind what they will find next! Nooo funny cracks please! dry.gif Can I go back to sleep! Also, they have to find the Googlebot to discover 'Where It's At.......and once they do that, all will be revealed!!

#48 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 10:06 PM

I did . . . still no comprehende!

#49 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:43 AM

The Internet Cafe was bustling with people busy tapping out messages on individual computers. 'There's one free in the far corner' the Manager pointed, handing Tony a small piece of paper with a log=in number printed in bold black letters. They quickly made their way to the free computer and Jennifer, now sitting opposite the screen typed in the number whilst Hitchens-Smythe and Tony sat next to her intent on what she was doing.

'Here we go!' Jennifer exclaimed as LiZa & JaX's site finally appeared, 'Watch out for the
GoogleBot and HotBot whllst I search through these postings!'
Tony and Hitchens=Smythe peered at the screen as Jennifer began reading each message. 'Aah!' she exclaimed excitedly, 'look at this!' They all strained their necks as she began to read out loud:

WARNING: It has been noticed over the last couple of days that
strange things have been appearing on another site called
QuicklySale! Perfumes without perfume, Solids without
colour in weird shapes and sizes, as well as small ornaments without
sparkles or enamel, are being sold as the Real Thing!
Please make sure before purchasing any of these items,
that they are the items you intend to purchase.. Not Invisible
items, as one of our Members has pointed out!

It is also being reported that this is due to the appearance
of a Virus named GOOGLEBOT and HOTBOT.

THIS IS A TOTALLY UNTRUE AND FALSE ALLEGATION!

BUYERS BEWARE!'

Jennifer heaved a sigh of relief, 'So, that is that!' she exclaimed out loud. 'These funny creatures are not to blame for what is happening at Laceys after all! She continued to scroll down. 'Look, here is another item explaining more about them!'

'GoogleBot and HotBot are friendly creatures and should be treated with respect! As such..............'

'Time's up' Tony commented as the pictures on the screen began to jump and fade
'Let's be going then!' Hitchens-Smythe added. 'That's your GoogleBot and HotBot mystery solved, and now we have to get to the Bottom of the Invisible Solids!' 'Yes' Jennifer smiled........but I need a break first!......'I'm hoping we can write a little paragraph about the GoogleBot and HotBot now! Wouldn't it be nice to have them as new Solids?' 'Mmmm' Hitchens-Smythe nodded her head thoughtfully, 'I must have a word with E.L (Edward Lacey) about that! ......

'P.S. she continued......' but we don't want to put the GoogleBot before the Cart!'

[/color][/I][/B][/I][/B][/B]

#50 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 04:36 PM

An interesting concept, Jacky!! Wonder what the GoogleBot might look like!! laugh.gif

#51 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 05:14 PM

Very well done Jacky! smile.gif You took a simple Googlebot and turned it into a very interesting story, what's the next Topic? rolleyes.gif

Denise

#52 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

Thanks Girls but remember, it is a Team Thing!

Denise, after Easter we might start looking for the Invisible Solids! Who knows.

Or, WE could become INVISIBLE tooooo!

ph34r.gif

Where's Martha! We couldn't do without her too!

#53 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, Jacky, for educating us on the Googlebot and thanks to Sandra and Denise in helping to tell the tale. Have you noticed the Googlebot on the site lately? Guess it's linking us all up. biggrin.gif

#54 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 15 March 2004 - 09:01 PM

Yeah - me and the Googlebot were on our lonesomes here the other night . . . rolleyes.gif

. . . . at least I had some company!! laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users