• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:27 PM

Sandra, I'm glad you explained what a googlebot is. I was afraid Martha was coming down with something. Really enjoy reading the story. Jacky and Martha and Denise you do a wonderful job. So imaginative.biggrin.gif

#32 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 04:51 PM

Heh!! laugh.gif No worries, mate!

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:55 PM

Tony grinned. 'You really know your solids!' he remarked. 'Thanks' Jennifer replied heartened by his interest. 'Thought you would be fooled by my CATS MIAOW and was surprised you knew exactly what I was about!' 'Well you certainly made an impression with that guy. He not only bought the STAGECOACH and THE MARLIN, but he's asking for a compact called 'WHERE IT'S AT'. 'Yes, and we both know where it's at right now!' Jennifer smiled, 'Seems like your next appointment has arrived!'

Tony admired his work, holding the mirror up to the face of his client for approval.
'I really love this new look' the young woman complimented him. 'Well Madam, your colouring is perfect for our new season's colours, and it is I who should be complimenting you!' The young woman blushed.

'My oh my!' Jennifer laughingly admonished later. 'You certainly have the gift of the gab (sweet words)!' 'Well, that's what marketing is all about.' Tony replied. ' Get your coat. We can grab a bite to eat, then I would like you to show me some things on the computer. There's an Internet Cafe nearby!' 'But what about my solid perfumes!' Jennifer frowned, ' You know how I want to look at them all!' 'Come on Jennifer! You can do that tomorrow morning! I am only here for a couple of days but you will be here much longer.......now get your coat!'

#34 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:53 PM

Suddenly, Tony the 'would be bane of her life' had turned into a friendly and charming young man!! Jennifer wondered what the change was . . . perhaps in was just finding common ground in the Googlebot.

She wondered why he was in such a hurry to take her out and show her something on the computer in an internet cafe . . . . she wondered why he couldn't show her in the shop right here on his computer . . . . she wondered why she was wondering!

She stopped wondering, grabbed her coat and followed him out . . . (was this going to be the mistake of her life?)

#35 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:53 PM

The WagaWam was already bustling with people as Jennifer and Tony were shown to their table. A steaming hot bowl of noodles with prawns and vegetables, was just what the doctor ordered after a full day's work and on a cold winter's night.

'That was really good!' Tony commented, smiling appreciatively. 'Yes it certainly was!' Jennifer agreed. 'Tony, there is something I don't quite understand?' Tony looked at her questioningly. 'What?' he asked. 'Well you do have your own laptop, so why are we going to the Internet Cafe?' 'I thought you had guessed the answer to that' he replied. Jennifer sat for a moment deep in thought. 'I'm sorry but I can't fathom that one out!' 'Well' Tony continued, 'do you remember our conversation about the GoogleBot and the HotBot?' 'Yes' Jennifer replied. 'Well these things are freaking me out and I reckon it would be better to use someone else's computer to see what is going on, than my own!' 'Good thinking!' Jennifer agreed, 'I never thought of that. Come on then, let's go and see....................

#36 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:41 PM

Err . . . I'm stuck!!! Don't know where to go with this . . . . help, someone!!!???!!! Martha, Denise??

#37 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 06:14 PM

Just as Tony opened the door to the Internet Cafe, Jennifer's cell phone rang out, playing God Save the Queen. tongue.gif The voice that greeted her on the other end was Jennifer's supervisor, Miss Hitchens-Smythe, from Lacy's Department Store.

Tony watched as Jennifer's head bobbed up and down, up and down, "Yes, ma'am, yes ma'am, I understand. We'll be on our way momentarily." Jennifer shut the phone down, and told Tony breathlessly that Hitchens-Smythe wanted them both back at Lacy's immediately! It seems HARROD'S VAN had just arrived with Estee Lauder's 2004 solid perfume collection. Tony and Jennifer were to unpack the solids and set up the display for the sale beginning tomorrow morning. They were to stay all night if necessary, Hitchens-Smythe instructed, until the display was ready.

"But what about the Goodglebot?" Tony lamented.

"Do you really want me to tell Hitchens-Smythe we can't come because we're hunting a Googlebot?" Jennifer exclaimed.

As Tony and Jennifer climbed into a LONDON TAXI to take them back to Lacy's, Tony's Intuition for Men wafted past Jennifer.

#38 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 07:06 PM

'This is really taking it a bit far!' Tony grunted. 'Yes, I agree but if we just get on with it, it shouldn't take that long!' Jennifer added sympathetically.

'Wow! Look at this!' Jennifer exclaimed. 'Just take a look at this little solid!' She handed Tony a Beautiful Taj Mahal. 'Heh, this isn't a new one' Tony exclaimed. 'I saw that when I was in New York a while back!' 'Yes I expect you did!' Jennifer nodded. 'We receive them later here. Add to that the fact they are always more expensive then we certainly have a raw deal living on this side of the ocean!'

'How many more of these have we got to wade through tonight?' Tony asked hesitantly. 'I'm pretty tired now' he continued, ' and to be honest with you, I think your Hitchens-Smythe should take a long walk off a short pier! If this is how Lacy's operate, I would look for another job if I were in your position!' 'Yes, you're right' Jennifer replied dismissively, ' now pass me that other box behind you and then hopefully we are through.'

Tony carefully lifted the heavy brown box and placed it on the counter in front of them. 'This box felt heavier than the others' he commented shaking his arm. 'Nearly dropped it too!'

'Look at these Tony' Jennifer exclaimed excitedly. 'This has to be a backlog of solids as I know these are old!' 'It's the Roulette Wheel and a Lucky Hand, and look Tony, this is the Slot Machine!'

'Brilliant' Tony yawned. 'Come on Jennifer, I've really had enough. Can we go now?' 'Yes' she sighed, disappointed that her enthusiasm was not being shared. 'I'll have another look at them tomorrow. Meanwhile, it isn't so late Tony. We can have a Capuccino before calling it a day!' 'You mean Night don't you?' Tony laughed. 'We could still go to the Internet Cafe' Jennifer suggested. 'No thanks! Have an early start tomorrow and so do you!' ........

#39 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:10 PM

Miss Hitchens-Smythe was waiting for Jennifer as she approached the Perfumery Counter the following morning.. Her face was on fire and she looked like a Dragon with flared nostrils and bulging eyes!

'My Goodness Jennifer!' she spluttered. 'What on earth have you done to these solid perfumes?' Jennifer returned her gaze, wondering what on earth this was all about. 'Looooooook!' Hitchens-Smythe gesticulated wildy with her arm, her whole body swaying back and forth.. 'Looooooook at these Jennifer! Now tell me what you have to say about all of this!'

#40 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:57 PM

A very confused Jennifer sad.gif took a better look at the Solids and noticed that the Slot Machine's colors did not match! One side was green but the other side was beige, what was going on? "Jennifer, have you been playing with the Slot Compact?" asked Miss Hitchens-Smythe. "I assure you that you will not get any money out of that compact" she sarcastly added. Jennifer became very upset and assured Miss Hitches-Smythe that she had NOT played with any of the compacts, just unpackaged them.

"Hmmmph!" "And what about that Tony fella? He seems like the type with a Lucky Hand" dry.gif Jennifer didn't know what to say and once again insisted that she did not play with any of the Compacts. Was this the Googlebot's doing? Hmmmmmm...... ph34r.gif ph34r.gif
[/FONT]

#41 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 03:35 AM

'Jennifer! When Tony arrives, ask him......No!.......tell him to come to my office immediately!' 'With or without his LUCKY HAND?' Jennifer replied. 'Don't be flippant Jennifer! Just take a look at the HARROD'S PALACE and the ROLLERCOASTER! Something very strange has been happening here, and I intend to get to the bottom of it!' 'I'm sure E.L. (Edward Lacy) would be very interested too!'

#42 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 05:03 PM

Tony arrived duly at Miss Hitchens-Smythe's door. "You wanted to see me?" he asked. "Yes, Tony - sit down", she offers him the chair across her desk.

[Funny how men are treated nicer than women!]

"Now tell me about these designs of yours on the solids and explain what is happening to the colours and stones"

"Well", Tony starts, "how can I explain? I didn't realise the materials I proposed at the design stage were going to react over time and change colour! And that all the stones were going to come loose because of the glue technique!! And I didn't realise they'd end up all over Ebay and sell for a small fortune!! BUT, I think the Googlebot has something to do with it as it has been visiting my computer lately - I think it's stealing my ideas and changing the colour codes while I'm not watching".

"The Googlebot?", Miss Hitchens-Smythe exclaims - "what is the Googlebot?"

#43 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 07:05 PM

"Well, ma'am, it's kind of hard to explain," said Tony, stalling for time. How was he going to explain what a Googlebot was when he didn't know himself?

Hitchens-Smythe glared at Tony across her desk. Raising her eyebrows, "I'm waiting for an answer, Tony. I'm a very busy woman and you are wasting my time."

Tony could feel a panic attack coming on. "Ma'am, I think the Googlebot may be a kind of computer robot."

Hitchens-Smythe's glare turned into a scowl. "Have you gone daft?" Hitchens-Smythe screamed! "That's got to be the most ridiculous excuse for incompetence I have ever heard!"

"Well, ma'am, the Googlebot really wasn't my idea, it was Jennifer's!" As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Tony felt guilty for blaming Jennifer.

#44 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:40 PM

'Well!' Hitchens-Smythe continued to glare at him, her cheeks puffing out like two purple balloons! 'How dare you take me for a complete idiot?' 'That I would not do Ms. Hitchens-Smythe. I do know your relationship with E.L (Edward Lacy) and with a huge company such as this' he continued, 'I realise how important it is to get to the bottom of the situation!' 'Glad to hear it young man!' Hitchens-Smythe responded, her purple balloons gradually deflating. 'Go and fetch Jennifer. Meanwhile I am going to have a word with E.L (Edward Lacy). As the owner of this Departmental Store, he might have a suggestion or two!'

#45 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 March 2004 - 09:49 PM

Jennifer and Tony sat staring at Hitchens-Smythe as she carried on her conversation with E.L (Edward-Lacy) her cheeks now deflated to a feminine pink blush.

'Right!' she turned to them, carefully replacing the receiver back in its cradle, 'this is what we are going to do!' Jennifer and Tony looked at her wondering what she was about to say.

'We are now going to take a walk off a long pier to visit the Internet Cafe. Then' she stared at Tony defiantly, 'YOU are going to show me what a GOOGLEBOT is before I report back to E.L! (Edward Lacy)'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users