• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:16 PM

Hello Astrid, Have just looked in and read your comments. Sorry to hear this has upset you. No point to 'get all het up' just because this story was inadvertently placed under the wrong heading. Mind you 'Bob and the Showgirl' appeared here but perhaps no-one noticed it! As you can see we all have a sense of humour too! Hence our stories woven around what we enjoy collecting and subjects pertinent to Lisa and Jack's site.

But we do have choices! Fortunately we do not have to read what we would prefer not to, and when mistakes occur sobeit! Meanwhile, as you know, the Googlebot is important to this board!

Take care and appreciate your wading through our story searching for solids! They will appear in due course, and as we all like to guess what will be coming out in the future, hopefully this will give us an opportunity to use our imagination a little more towards that end.

smile.gif

#17 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 11:06 PM

Hey Astrid, why don't you use your good sense of humour and join in?? wink.gif

We're all actually learning about the Googlebot and it's impact on this site . . . .
it's just that it's happening in story form that maybe you don't understand.

I didn't know ANYTHING about it until the story and then I read Jacky and Jack's info on it. It is quite interesting really, how information is gathered and distributed; how Jack has tracked it's visits etc.

A bit reminiscent of the 'spiders' in Minority Report, actually. So, please be patient and if you can find it in your good heart to give the story your 'blessing' and let us continue . . . . or not. Up to you and the other members.

Bitte?

ph34r.gif

#18 fairytoes

fairytoes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:48 AM

mausli is it necessary to be so rude. i just cheked and see Valentines and song for Mimi under this heading. just simple mistakes. Dont they have a mouse in Munich? click, on to open, click to close? a quiet word in Jacks ear would have been much more polite. Now i understand why people dont want to write .

Do you ever help and put views? I dont but am new person to collecting.

have a good day.
yeh, wheres your sense of humour biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#19 Astrid

Astrid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:13 AM

Hi Everybody !

Nobody did offend me nor was it necessary for anyone to apologize !

I only think "stories" should have their own place - my opinion.

English is not my mother tongue so you can imagine how hard it sometimes is for me to follow all the posts & their contents. The reason I joined this side is to learn more about my passion of collecting EL solid perfumes, and sometimes it's very difficult to find an information embedded in a story. I'm too new to collecting so I cannot give advice or information but I highly appreciate the knowledge of all the other collectors here. AND I appreciate they share it with others.

Did I clarify everything ?

Astrid

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:23 PM

Appreciate your comments! Unfortunately sometimes posts end up under headings that are not indicative of the content. However, as many of us are English speaking, it is quite simple to assess which is a story and which is not.

As far as our stories are concerned, some people enjoy them (private emails from members who would rather not post on the site) testify to this! So Astrid, when you open up information which appears to be a story, such as ours, just close it again! Our aim or enjoyment is to bring something to the site which adds a different dimension. The same way as the beautiful photographs of many of the Collectors. Life would be so very boring if we all kept to the straight and narrow road don't you think!?

As Sandra explained earlier, the GOOGLEBOT is fascinating and an integral part of this site. I also know the content of our writing will progress to include topical facts from the board. We do not plan what we write, but somehow it gets there in the end! We appreciate that this might be a complicated way for you to participate, English not being your mother tongue, and hope that the way you phrased your objection, was entirely due to this fact.

With regard to my previous post, we all have a right to choose! At the same time we should all respect one another as this is surely the way for our SOLID RELATIONSHIPS!

smile.gif

#21 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 08:48 PM

Tony and Jennifer went up the Stairs,
to find the counter that had the Wares......

As Jennifer was examining a Chinese Junk,
along came a man that was a real Hunk....

She whispered to Tony to take a walk,
as she stared at this Hunk and tried to talk.....

To Jennifer's surprise the Hunk came over,
asking about a Compact he called Rover...... rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

I don't think we have a Rover Solid,
we may get a compact called Collard.... sad.gif sad.gif

But's it's too early to tell right now,
as Jennifer's voice started to meow wink.gif wink.gif .....

#22 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:38 PM

Keep it up girls! laugh.gif

I can tell you are having a BALL!!! ph34r.gif cool.gif

to be continued................ ohmy.gif

KK wub.gif

#23 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:57 AM

THANKS KK FOR YOUR SUPPORT! WE SURE NEEDED IT!

DENISE HAS NOW STEPPED IN, WHICH IS GREAT, SO WE MIGHT, REPEAT, MIGHT CONTINUE!

FROM ALL OF US smile.gif

#24 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:16 AM

Keep up the good work on the stories girls. Sorry I cant get into this one or I would be writing too. rolleyes.gif

#25 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank you....

Martha.... for your great writing and photography skills.

Ann and Ken... the visual beauty and joy that you continue to share with us.

Jackie and Sandra....Your wonderful abilities to create exciting stories for us to enjoy.

Ron... The fun that you bring to each story.

KK...... Wonderful photos, kindness to everyone.

And, of course, I know that I'm missing a lot of you......but I am so GRATEFUL because you are YOU and your GIFTS are very special to me!!

Keep it up ............I love it all!!

Mimi wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#26 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:22 PM

Mimi, you have one of the kindest hearts of anyone I know. Thank you. KK and Ron, your words of encouragement are very much appreciated. Denise, thanks for posting! Don't know about the others, but feel a googlebot coming on. tongue.gif

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:03 PM

Ahhh . . . . nice to see some friendly faces . . . . . smile.gif

#28 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:18 PM

I'm huh.gif . What is the googlebot?

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:34 PM

[i]I have just checked into the site as have been out all evening.

All I would like to say is a BIG THANK YOU for your encouragement and support!

What more can I say!

Jacqueline

smile.gif

Greyhound, I am hoping when Jack and Lisa read these comments, he will write a paragraph about the GOOGLEBOT which will give everyone a better understanding of how it affects the[B] Site.

#30 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:36 PM

Well I'm sure others can give you a more technical description, but my simplified version is that it's the "eyes" for the Google search engine.

Apparently it goes around looking for (key) words in a webpage/site so that when someone types in words to search for, the site comes up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users