• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:31 PM

So the morale to this story is . . . . .

If you spend a lot of money on EL collectibles, there is no guarantee that they will remain in the condition you bought it in no matter how well you looked after it!! mad.gif

I wonder if EL will change future production because of this . . . . once it's brought to there attention, I hope so . . . . I wonder if it's the weather . . . . I have to say that all my solids are still in the same condition they were bought in. smile.gif

Still . . . . there's always that chance things may change . . . . sad.gif

Has anyone catalogued when they bought their solid and when it started to change colour . . . . assuming they were all bought from a shop that is. unsure.gif

#17 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 08:39 PM

This is a picture of my slot machine. I bought it via Las Vegas when they first came out. About a year ago it was still green now it is beige. Until now I had not paid much attention to it. It was not under halogen bulbs or in direct sun light so go figure.
Anyway I am still happy to have it as if the information I have is correct there were only 500 of them made so I dont care if it turned orange and purple. biggrin.gif

user posted image

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:03 PM

Wow Ron - that's pretty dark, hey!! One of the darkest browns I've seen . . .

You might get your wish and it WILL turn orange!! laugh.gif Purple I'm not so sure about!

Whatd'ya think the chances are that the colour change is seasonal . . . . .? laugh.gif

So I guess it's not true when they say most men are colourblind . . . .

#19 Lauder Lover

Lauder Lover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:14 PM

Thanks Everyone for your replys. My Slot Machine (resin part) is almost all beige except the small panel on the bottom of the right hand side so I don't think either that there is any rhyme or reason to this, just must change color over time. I think eventually my last mint green panel will probably change also. Mine also was in an enclosed china cabinet and not exposed to sunlight or artificial light. sad.gif P.S. I have the Igloo too and I just looked and this one has not changed color at all and it is in the same cabinet but it is also newer by about 2 years I think.

#20 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 03:56 PM

Ron, at least your slot machine is an even colour. There is a two-toned one on ebay just now and it looks weird! blink.gif

#21 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:26 PM

I checked my solids and the color still is not changed. I will watch the fruit on the fruit dish carefully, lol. I do have them all in a small display case but no direct sunlight. I have one of the 2000 Pleasures Bubbly that was a duplicate listed on Ebay right now. It has never been out of the box except to photograph and wouldnt you know, the ice cubes are yellow. Maybe it is a reaction to the protective foam pad in the box?? Lainey

#22 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:54 PM

Lainey, do you mean you have a slot machine that hasn't changed colors or were you referring to some of your other solids? All panels on my slot machine have changed to a very light tan (almost ivory) shade.

I hadn't thought about the Luscious Fruits. If this solid turns colors, this would be ... dare I say ... a rotten shame. mad.gif It would definitely ruin this solid to have brown fruit.

What about the mint or pale green dome on Cupid's Garden? Is this enamel or plastic? Does anyone know? unsure.gif

#23 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 08:56 PM

Hi Martha, No, I don't have a slot machine or any of the Vegas solids, but I have several others with the plastic stuff. Wow, your right if the lucious fruits turn brown, boy would that be ugly. Thanks goodness also that my Pink kitty is still pink, LOL, Lainey

#24 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:23 PM

I'm just looking at my cupid's garden and the top of the dome is an ivory color and the floor inside the garden is a pale green. I think this is the way it was when I bought it. I don't remember the top being green. dry.gif

#25 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:40 PM

Take a look at the one on the data base.

It has a green top and he is standing on green. The green he is standing on is darker.

Mine still looks the same but it is young yet. The slots didn't turn until now or we didn't notice it till now.

Ann

What is more fun than watching paint dry??
Watching solids turn color.

#26 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:45 PM

Hmmm - the one in the database does look like it has a green top. Mine is definitely ivory. I think I like that color better than the green anyway! biggrin.gif

#27 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:01 PM

I think this photo of the cupids garden better shows the green- it is enamel??? huh.gif

I remember seeing it for the first time thinking it looked as if it should GLOWin the dark. I don't care for the color the designers chose. dry.gif

Why don't they ask US first!!???? laugh.gif

user posted image

#28 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:13 PM

Lisa - I'm not sure if it's enamel or just a hard plastic resin. I'm trying to get my husband to get a picture of mine but it may be a while. dry.gif

#29 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:36 PM

I've posted a picture of mine in the members gallery because I don't know how to post it here. It almost looks like a pale green in the picture but it's ivory in person. Just hope it doesn't turn tan or brown.

#30 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:55 PM

ohmy.gif Wow! I just checked the two solids I have that are included in this discussion. My kitty is still pink, but the solid is really dried out. My slot machine has two small brown bottom panels and two larger green side panels. So -- its turning, but not done turning yet. I certainly never noticed that before. I really like the green and am sorry its going brown, but its a great solid. The brown doesn't bother me enough to send it back, its not like losing all your black rhinestones off your kitty and having a bald kitty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users